JamieLogical's 5/29 Equinox Semi-Live Review

JamieLogical

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I have a sad update to my blog. I tested positive for COVID this morning.

I’m very sorry to see this. I hope you feel much better soon. I also hope your husband remains Covid free. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:15 PM, JamieLogical said:

I have a sad update to my blog. I tested positive for COVID this morning. I had my first symptom late Sunday night and woke up early Monday morning with a fever. Initial at-home test was negative and I took a PCR test around noon yesterday, but haven't received the results yet. Home test this morning was positive. I was pretty miserable yesterday, but feel a lot better today now that my fever has broken. Just a cough and some fatigue now.

Since my first symptom (a ticklish throat) happened on Sunday night, I could only have gotten it onboard the ship. My flights home on Saturday were to recent for me to have gotten symptoms by Sunday night. I just hope I didn't spread any COVID while onboard. I would hate to think I infected any of my lovely tablemates or friends from the bars.

Also hoping I didn't infect my husband, since I did spend all evening with him Saturday, all day and night Sunday, and didn't start isolating from him until yesterday morning. We are wearing masks if we have to be in the same room, trying to stay in separate rooms as much as possible, and keeping all windows open.

Hi Jamie!

Hope you feel better and husband is ok. We are & were in the same boat..  (met you briefly at the sky bar one morning). I too tested positive and nervous about infecting stay at home hubby (my mom tested + she had a seperate cabin) agree it maybe ahip born due to timing. Hope there are not too many positives out there and we all get better soon

Thanks for writing review it was a nice recap....get well soon!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:15 AM, JamieLogical said:

I have a sad update to my blog. I tested positive for COVID this morning. I had my first symptom late Sunday night and woke up early Monday morning with a fever. Initial at-home test was negative and I took a PCR test around noon yesterday, but haven't received the results yet. Home test this morning was positive. I was pretty miserable yesterday, but feel a lot better today now that my fever has broken. Just a cough and some fatigue now.

Since my first symptom (a ticklish throat) happened on Sunday night, I could only have gotten it onboard the ship. My flights home on Saturday were to recent for me to have gotten symptoms by Sunday night. I just hope I didn't spread any COVID while onboard. I would hate to think I infected any of my lovely tablemates or friends from the bars.

Also hoping I didn't infect my husband, since I did spend all evening with him Saturday, all day and night Sunday, and didn't start isolating from him until yesterday morning. We are wearing masks if we have to be in the same room, trying to stay in separate rooms as much as possible, and keeping all windows open.

I tested positive 3 weeks ago after returning home from a wine tasting trip with DH. We Slept together for 2-3 nights and rode in a car for 3 hours with no masks. Once I saw those angry 2 lines we tried to avoid each other and miraculously he never tested positive. I hope you have a mild case and that your husband stays healthy.

Wife tested positive when we got off the Equinox on May 15th. A week later I tested positive. Pretty mild overall but sucked just the same. Mostly because we couldn't see grandkids after being away for a month already.

Thanks for all the updates Jamie

• Thanks 2

We tested positive 10 days before our cruise so had to cancel. We took paxlovid  & that helped me a lot but it must be taken within 5 days of symptoms.  Hubby got covid also, took paxlovid bur than got a rebound. I had the worst headache of my life with covid. Was coughing a lot. It was like a very bad virus for about 5 days than got better. Back to normal now. So I hate when people say it's only mild. Mine was considered mild also but I was the sickest I have been with it in over 40 years. So I hope you feel better soon. How many people do you think got it on board?

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

We tested positive 10 days before our cruise so had to cancel. We took paxlovid  & that helped me a lot but it must be taken within 5 days of symptoms.  Hubby got covid also, took paxlovid bur than got a rebound. I had the worst headache of my life with covid. Was coughing a lot. It was like a very bad virus for about 5 days than got better. Back to normal now. So I hate when people say it's only mild. Mine was considered mild also but I was the sickest I have been with it in over 40 years. So I hope you feel better soon. How many people do you think got it on board?

I have no idea. I hadn't heard of any cases onboard, but others reported the Captain said there were 5 cases. We had 2500 people onboard and I got it from someone and may have even passed it to more people, so who knows?

I have some words of wisdom for anyone traveling in this day and age. Do not procrastinate about doing laundry once you get home. If you get COVID, doing laundry is going to feel like running a marathon up a mountain.

I so wish I had done laundry in the day and a half after I first got home before COVID hit.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh, that stinks (no pun intended).

Since your cruise wardrobe and your everyday wardrobe don't overlap a lot, can you just do the essentials and leave the rest till you feel better? Hope the worst is behind you.

Is your husband still negative?

46 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have some words of wisdom for anyone traveling in this day and age. Do not procrastinate about doing laundry once you get home. If you get COVID, doing laundry is going to feel like running a marathon up a mountain.

I so wish I had done laundry in the day and a half after I first got home before COVID hit.

I'm so sorry - for me, it wasn't a big deal, but I had what ended up being an extremely mild case. 

I hope DH stays negative, and that you recover fast.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

That is good advice. We always procrastinate and do the laundry days/weeks later 🙂   Of course we have free laundry on board and always get it washed 2 days before leaving so really its just the 'travel home' sticky clothes...

11 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Realistically I think anyone who is going on with their lives is going to get the covid virus eventually.  If we are all vaccinated then hopefully our symptoms will be mild.  And maybe we have the benefit of developing antibodies.

My thoughts exactly.  I have a mask that says Masked and Vaxxed for your protection.  Now I want one that says Masked, Vaxxed and Recovered for your protection.

2 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Oh, that stinks (no pun intended).

Since your cruise wardrobe and your everyday wardrobe don't overlap a lot, can you just do the essentials and leave the rest till you feel better? Hope the worst is behind you.

Is your husband still negative?

Yeah, it was underwear and pajamas that I ran out of.

Husband is still negative. Taking another home test in the morning.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Realistically I think anyone who is going on with their lives is going to get the covid virus eventually.  If we are all vaccinated then hopefully our symptoms will be mild.  And maybe we have the benefit of developing antibodies.

I've come to agree with you.     As vigilant as I was on our B2B I contracted Covid.    I was vaxed and boosted, wore mask 100% of time outside cabin except in Retreat always 10 feet from others and Luminae always 6 feet or more away from others.   Never rode an elevator.  

But with 2 Butlers, 1 Stateroom Attendant and a Sommelier testing positive it was inevitable whether by touch contact or other means I still caught it.    I was very lucky that it was so mild I would have never guessed I was positive had it not been for the b2B test.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've come to agree with you.     As vigilant as I was on our B2B I contracted Covid.    I was vaxed and boosted, wore mask 100% of time outside cabin except in Retreat always 10 feet from others and Luminae always 6 feet or more away from others.   Never rode an elevator.  

But with 2 Butlers, 1 Stateroom Attendant and a Sommelier testing positive it was inevitable whether by touch contact or other means I still caught it.    I was very lucky that it was so mild I would have never guessed I was positive had it not been for the b2B test.

I also agree.  I'm pretty careful, very careful about masks, somewhat careful about distance.  I tested negative for coming back to the US after a cruise (3 days in Vancouver afterward) and then again a week later on a home test for a medical procedure.  Three days after that, I had a bad cold and it was Covid.  No idea how or where I got it.  Fortunately, it was about 2 days of a cold, no fever and I started getting better the next day.  Thank you Moderna.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, JamieLogical said:

I guess I'm old and anal lol...always the first few hours after arriving home from a trip, the easy- throw in the dryer stuff goes in the washer....the fussier drying stuff a day or two later lol.... I truly hope you are on the mend and covid is on its way away from you and your family. 

A person that I know along with his family have all been vaccinated have become sick  and tested positive.   He works for a airline.   He told them that he is sick and tested positive.  He was told that if he took time off he would not get paid and if he wanted to get paid to continue to work.  I can’t vouch if he went in or not. I haven’t asked him, not my obligation or business.    Who has the moral responsibility?  Even  If he didn’t go to work how many more would have?  

Just a word of warning.   The airlines are not as safe as the cruise lines  

Jamie may have got it on the flight home.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

@jim_lain.  Did you miss your second cruise?  I know you were doing reflection TA. 

58 minutes ago, miched said:

A person that I know along with his family have all been vaccinated have become sick  and tested positive.   He works for a airline.   He told them that he is sick and tested positive.  He was told that if he took time off he would not get paid and if he wanted to get paid to continue to work.  I can’t vouch if he went in or not. I haven’t asked him, not my obligation or business.    Who has the moral responsibility?  Even  If he didn’t go to work how many more would have?  

Just a word of warning.   The airlines are not as safe as the cruise lines  

Jamie may have got it on the flight home.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The math doesn't work for me to have got it on the flight home. I flew home Saturday and had symptoms on Sunday night. The turnaround time from exposure to symptoms is not that quick. Not even with Omicron.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

@jim_lain.  Did you miss your second cruise?  I know you were doing reflection TA. 

I missed our 3rd cruise.   I tested the last of the 2nd and was tossed off the ship in Southampton.   I tested about 10 hours before the B2B testing and had tested negative.    I guess it's all about timing. 

Jamie thanks so much for your fun review. Think I’ll cruise with a checklist to try out most of your drinks. My kinda homework!🍸🍸🍸

I was very careful on my March cruise but still caught covid. Fully expect to catch it again, just hope not on my January cruise.