need help locating which port ship docks in bermuda

Hi is there any website where  I can confirm that Adventure of Seas will dock at the Royal Naval dockyard in Bermuda?  We are trying to book an early independent excursion, which will only work if we are docking close.  

14 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Hi is there any website where  I can confirm that Adventure of Seas will dock at the Royal Naval dockyard in Bermuda?  We are trying to book an early independent excursion, which will only work if we are docking close.  

Don't know about a website but there are only 3 places for ships to dock in Bermuda and Adventure won't fit in 2 so no choice but to dock at Rotal Naval dockyards.i

14 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Only small ships can dock in Hamilton. We are on the Vision (smaller than AOS) and she docks at the dockyard in Bermuda. If you do a mock booking of a cruise you will see where it docks in the itinerary. 

We are on the AOS on August 18th, 2022 and are at the Royal Naval Dockyard according to our itinerary.  It maybe that ships the size of AOS can't dock at Hamilton.

Bill

39 minutes ago, F27TW said:

I thought all the cruise line ships used Dockyard now.

With rare exception with some cruise lines with smaller ships that still may dock occasionally in Hamilton, you are correct.

All of the major cruise lines, in particular RCCL, Celebrity, and NCL who routinely sail there, only dock their ships at the dockyard and have done so for many years as that is the only pier that has a deep enough channel access and pier depth to handle them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We loved when we docked at Hamilton and St George.

Back at the latter phase of Covid when the cruise lines (RCCL in this case) were announcing their ship deployments in anticipation of the restart, Vision was actually originally planned to be based in Bermuda and one of the intended Bermuda itineraries prior to being its home port included ports of call at all three locations.  That never came to pass and the redeployment there was canceled.  But that would have been an interesting itinerary.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

24 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Back at the latter phase of Covid when the cruise lines (RCCL in this case) were announcing their ship deployments in anticipation of the restart, Vision was actually originally planned to be based in Bermuda and one of the intended Bermuda itineraries prior to being its home port included ports of call at all three locations.  That never came to pass and the redeployment there was canceled.  But that would have been an interesting itinerary.

That was Empress, not Vision.  And that was planned pre-COVID, but was cancelled due to COVID.  Empress also had Montreal itineraries planned.

19071226_NE_Northeast.pdf

Edited by Another_Critic

4 hours ago, F27TW said:

I thought all the cruise line ships used Dockyard now.

Smaller ships can and do dock in Hamilton and St. George. My last cruise to Bermuda was on Oceania Insignia. We did those two ports not the Dockyard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That was Empress, not Vision.  And that was planned pre-COVID, but was cancelled due to COVID.  Empress also had Montreal itineraries planned.

19071226_NE_Northeast.pdf 511.07 kB · 1 download

You are absolutely correct - my mistake as it was Empress.  Memory failed me.   (Your attachment BTW doesn't download for me - but I am guessing it is a deployment PDF?).

But I thought the intended deployment came about during covid as one of the alternative non-US departure ports under consideration for a restart along with Barbados (that did ultimately happen), St. Martin (that I thought had a couple of sailings?) and the push by Cozumel with some of the cruise lines to consider that port of call, and I also thought at one time Nassau?  I could be off about this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You are absolutely correct - my mistake as it was Empress.  Memory failed me.   (Your attachment BTW doesn't download for me - but I am guessing it is a deployment PDF?).

But I thought the intended deployment came about during covid as one of the alternative non-US departure ports under consideration for a restart along with Barbados (that did ultimately happen), St. Martin (that I thought had a couple of sailings?) and the push by Cozumel with some of the cruise lines to consider that port of call, and I also thought at one time Nassau?  I could be off about this.

Yes, Vision was scheduled to homeport in Bermuda (RT to Coco Cay) at restart, but was cancelled.  Adventure (the first to restart) in Nassau.  Celebrity Millennium restarted in St. Maarten.  Grandeur restarted in Barbados. 

• Like 1