Website Glitch or No Murano and Dining Packages on Reflection?

LINGBER

We are booked on the XMAS 22' Reflection sailing. Finding it really odd that Murano is not listed under dining in my cruise planner. Also no dining packages are available at all for our sailing? Anyone else experience this? Is it possible they are pulling the Murano restaurant our of service as they ready to revolutionize the ship? Anyone have any updates on Reflections?  Thank you!

I have seen posts in the past that dining packages are not offered on holiday sailings. I guess there is sufficient demand that they don’t need to discount specialty dining.  

• Like 1

Thank you. After all the Celebrity Holiday cruises we have done, I should have noticed that. Now the big question is "Where is Murano" I have been looking for a couple of months now. Is it possible it is sold out? 

44 minutes ago, LINGBER said:

Is it possible it is sold out? 

It's not a big place, so it may be sold out for online reservations.  They only let a portion of the restaurant be reserved online for a few different reasons, so you may still have a shot at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LINGBER said:

We are booked on the XMAS 22' Reflection sailing. Finding it really odd that Murano is not listed under dining in my cruise planner. Also no dining packages are available at all for our sailing? Anyone else experience this? Is it possible they are pulling the Murano restaurant our of service as they ready to revolutionize the ship? Anyone have any updates on Reflections?  Thank you!

I have booked about 6 different Christmas cruises on Celebrity dating back to 2016.  Before the pandemic, dining packages were often available and every specialty restaurant was available for booking individual reservations. 

By the time our Christmas 2019 (Solstice) drew near, there were almost no packages available.  4 months before sailing, Celebrity did offer for a brief time a  package of 2 dinners + lunch for $100 pp which was a bargain compared to the single dinner prices.  For just our holiday sailing, the individual dinners were raised to $60 (Tuscan Grille) and $65 pp (Murano) for every night except Christmas Eve and NYE.  For those two evenings, dinners had a special menu and a special price of over $125 pp.  Presumably these elevated prices were driven by high demand.

On the day we boarded Solstice, the Celebrity Today newsletter did offer 3 dinners for $180 (screen shot).

For our Christmas 2020 (Millennium) booking the specialty dinner prices were even more expensive and I had decided not to buy any (family of 4, so the cost is 4x!).  I don't recall seeing any packages either.  Of course it didn't matter since the sailing was eventually cancelled.

We still hold bookings for Christmas 2022 (Equinox) and Christmas 2023 (Solstice).  For our Equinox sailing (screenshot), Murano is offered for sale for the 1st night only.  Individual Tuscan Grille dinners are offered for sale as well.  No dinner packages.  So similar, I think to what you are seeing.

Our Christmas 2023 sailing does not offer any specialty dinners partly because it is so far away and partly because there is a good chance that the Singapore to Hong Kong sailing will not happen.

My advice is to keep checking your Cruise Planner every day on the off chance Celebrity decides to briefly offer a dinner package.

image.png.fa3c102697e09587654191afde8dbf97.png

image.thumb.png.67ea7d7a4e7f361fbe88b7f1495e51bd.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, LINGBER said:

Thank you. After all the Celebrity Holiday cruises we have done, I should have noticed that. Now the big question is "Where is Murano" I have been looking for a couple of months now. Is it possible it is sold out? 

Odds are they are going to have an 'upgraded' festive menu in Murano on some or even all of the nights, so if it does appear it is likely to be at a higher price than normal, but may still sell out quickly.

The cost of all the specialty restaurants increased recently by 18%.  On some ships it was shown  as a price increase eg  Murano went from $50pp to $59pp

and another ship the price showed as $50pp but when you booked at check-out a 18% gratuity was added.  Either way the regular price increased so be prepared for a little sticker shock for the holiday sailings.

Thanks for all the feedback. Murano was still priced at $45pp. I do miss the $20pp days lol.  Interesting that The Lawn Club Grill is at $70pp. Once you add on the 18%, I just don't see spending that kind of money extra for dinner at that restaursnt. We are just off the beyond an tried Le Voyage at $75pp but at least it felt like a special meal. Lawn Club doesn't have that vibe for me. 

On 6/7/2022 at 10:31 AM, mahdnc said:

I have booked about 6 different Christmas cruises on Celebrity dating back to 2016.  Before the pandemic, dining packages were often available and every specialty restaurant was available for booking individual reservations. 

By the time our Christmas 2019 (Solstice) drew near, there were almost no packages available.  4 months before sailing, Celebrity did offer for a brief time a  package of 2 dinners + lunch for $100 pp which was a bargain compared to the single dinner prices.  For just our holiday sailing, the individual dinners were raised to $60 (Tuscan Grille) and $65 pp (Murano) for every night except Christmas Eve and NYE.  For those two evenings, dinners had a special menu and a special price of over $125 pp.  Presumably these elevated prices were driven by high demand.

On the day we boarded Solstice, the Celebrity Today newsletter did offer 3 dinners for $180 (screen shot).

For our Christmas 2020 (Millennium) booking the specialty dinner prices were even more expensive and I had decided not to buy any (family of 4, so the cost is 4x!).  I don't recall seeing any packages either.  Of course it didn't matter since the sailing was eventually cancelled.

We still hold bookings for Christmas 2022 (Equinox) and Christmas 2023 (Solstice).  For our Equinox sailing (screenshot), Murano is offered for sale for the 1st night only.  Individual Tuscan Grille dinners are offered for sale as well.  No dinner packages.  So similar, I think to what you are seeing.

Our Christmas 2023 sailing does not offer any specialty dinners partly because it is so far away and partly because there is a good chance that the Singapore to Hong Kong sailing will not happen.

My advice is to keep checking your Cruise Planner every day on the off chance Celebrity decides to briefly offer a dinner package.

image.png.fa3c102697e09587654191afde8dbf97.png

image.thumb.png.67ea7d7a4e7f361fbe88b7f1495e51bd.png

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of this! I will keep checking :)

• Like 1