Napkins...really.

OK, strange question, I know. I'm sailing on Ovation in August with my 18 mo old grandson. Being a normal 18 mo old, he needs a bib at meals. We're figuring a cloth napkin could work OK (and not require us bringing 30 bibs). I assume there are cloth napkins in the dining rooms, but are there cloth napkins in Windjammer?

Thanks for your help! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SeattleAl said:

OK, strange question, I know. I'm sailing on Ovation in August with my 18 mo old grandson. Being a normal 18 mo old, he needs a bib at meals. We're figuring a cloth napkin could work OK (and not require us bringing 30 bibs). I assume there are cloth napkins in the dining rooms, but are there cloth napkins in Windjammer?

Thanks for your help! 

Yes, wrapped around the utensils.

1 minute ago, SeattleAl said:

Thanks for your help! 

Yes, there are cloth napkins in the Windjammer too.  Why not just bring disposable bibs that you can throw away?  Stuff won't leak through them like it can on a cloth napkin.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, there are cloth napkins in the Windjammer too.  Why not just bring disposable bibs that you can throw away?  Stuff won't leak through them like it can on a cloth napkin.

Used them with my kids, plus they have a pocket to catch food. Definitely helps keeping food off of the floor.

• Like 3

My kids are now just past this stage, but my memories are still fresh enough that I strongly recommend bringing plastic bibs. They aren't expensive, won't take up much room, and will make the experience more enjoyable than trying to use cloth napkins.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Thanks for your help! 

🤣🙄

2 hours ago, island284 said:

The cloth napkins they have are not absorbent at all. 

True. Water will run off of them first before being absorbed.

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They also smell funny in my opinion

I’ve noticed that also. What’s up with that? Sometimes I think they aren’t washed very well. 🤮

23 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Bring your service dog. If asked what service the dog does, Proudly say; The dog keeps the floors clean.

Doesn’t he also keep the bibs clean?

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ve noticed that also. What’s up with that? Sometimes I think they aren’t washed very well. 🤮

To me it's the same smell my wash and fold items have.

I don't do W&F anymore😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Bring your service dog. If asked what service the dog does, Proudly say; The dog keeps the floors clean.

Doesn't need to be a service dog, just one's 'baby' who they can't be separated from.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Yep. Just watched a lady at lunch sitting next to us in WJ blow her nose into one. 🤮🤮

It's really not much worse than wiping your mouth on it in terms of germs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

It's really not much worse than wiping your mouth on it in terms of germs.

I’m not referring to germs. It is much worse when a person blows a load of snot into a napkin versus just wiping their mouth. I don’t hear the wiping of the mouth but blowing a load of snot sounds gross. To each their own. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I’m not referring to germs. It is much worse when a person blows a load of snot into a napkin versus just wiping their mouth. I don’t hear the wiping of the mouth but blowing a load of snot sounds gross. To each their own. 

Would it sound less gross if they blew their nose into a kleenex?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Right over your head as usual…..

You won't answer the question so you go to being offensive.  LOL.  It doesn't look good on you btw.

So, I guess you get up and run out of the room when you need to blow your nose.

Edited by BND

2 minutes ago, BND said:

You won't answer the question so you go to being offensive.  LOL.  It doesn't look good on you btw.

So, I guess you get up and run out of the room when you need to blow your nose.

Actually I do PLUS I wash my hands. Guess that makes me look bad too. 😉

Just now, cruisingator2 said:

Actually I do PLUS I wash my hands. Guess that makes me look bad too. 😉

Get out of the sand box and take your little pail and shovel with you 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Thanks for your help! 

Can't you just tie the corner of the tablecloth around his neck?  Or just stick him over the side and shake the crumbs off??

• Haha 1