Viking no longer requires pre-departure COVID-19 test. RCCL next...?

10 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't remember quarantining "close contacts" for Noro.  Also, Noro tends to last 24-48 hours at most.

He had Covid on the last day of the cruise May 21st-28th 2022. He wasn't working the last day I asked reception why and they said he was in quarantine. They never said he had Covid but they wouldn't would they? And since his team most have morning meetings shouldn't they all have been in quarantine?

Edited by ace2542

4 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

The CDC's current guidance on Noro does not include quarantine of close contacts, so I'm sure you're right that it didn't exist in 2019/2020.

It does actually my father was as close contact of me on the Pearl in April 2019.

13 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

It does actually my father was as close contact of me on the Pearl in April 2019.

I'm not saying you were not quarantined as a close contact, its just not a recommendation or requirement of the CDC.  That doesn't prohibit a cruise ship from doing it as a precaution.

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

We do here in our county in the SF Bay Area, because we are under a recently reinstated mask mandate. :classic_rolleyes::classic_smile:

Ugghhh so sorry, that stinks 😞 I only have to wear a mask at certain doctors offices. Do they actually enforce it though?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

How about I was on NCL Pearl and noro ripped through the ship to such an extent that the ship was dead like no one walking around because they all got sick and it was just a few cases. Like no tracing on NCL ships or making announcements about outbreaks.

I thought this was a Royal thread and Covid. Not NCL and norovirus. I have no experience of NCL and Noro is totally different. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I thought this was a Royal thread and Covid. Not NCL and norovirus. I have no experience of NCL and Noro is totally different. 

But NCL won't be the only ones who lie. I bet Royal do as well.

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

norovirus is a whole level more contagious than covid since you can contract it so many different ways.  Fortunately it's a lot more rare than the "floating petri dish" people would want you to think.

Interestingly the actions to reduce Covid particularly changing the buffet from self service to being served has practically eliminated Norovirus. Hopefully this is one change that will become permanent.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But NCL won't be the only ones who lie. I bet Royal do as well.

Betting and knowing are different. Clearly you don't have any proof. We have cruised 4 times since August 2021 under various Covid restrictions/protocols and have seen no evidence of anything being hidden. On each cruise all crew have been routinely tested every week. Different protocols have been introduced if and when Covid numbers rose.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Interestingly the actions to reduce Covid particularly changing the buffet from self service to being served has practically eliminated Norovirus. Hopefully this is one change that will become permanent.

Buffets have been back to self service for some time now.

On 6/16/2022 at 5:18 AM, BirdTravels said:

Stopping testing is a horrible idea. Based on the number of people who gripe about testing positive on our roll calls and having to cancel their cruise, pre-cruise testing is doing exactly what it is supposed to. Stopping COVID positive people from boarding ships. Yup, folks can test positive mid-cruise, but at least you are not knowingly allowing infected people onboard. Pre-cruise testing should never end. 

I agree. Covid is rapidly increasing on ships.  Most people are not reporting it to the ships.  They would rather spread it them be quarantined.  Testing definately stops positive people from coming obviate and spreading it. Ebony people get it the Cdc would shut it down again.  People are coughing with no masks in elevators alk over the Jewel. Thanks loads. I will keep wearing my mask. 15 people in an elevator is a disaster waiting to happen again. But hey, I wouldn't want anyone to care about me or anyone else on board,  so I can only hope they have some good sense and stay in their cabins at least, although do not hold out much hope for that.  Even firing the mask mandate people refused to wear their mask at shows when the Lufthansa went down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, BirdTravels said:

Stopping testing is a horrible idea. Based on the number of people who gripe about testing positive on our roll calls and having to cancel their cruise, pre-cruise testing is doing exactly what it is supposed to. Stopping COVID positive people from boarding ships. Yup, folks can test positive mid-cruise, but at least you are not knowingly allowing infected people onboard. Pre-cruise testing should never end. 

So then you advocate for testing for every single medical condition that could possibly be spread on a cruise ship right? Because if not, you're being a hypocrite.

Pre-cruise testing will go away and people will continue to catch it on ships. Much like they do many other viruses today that no one cares about.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 9

On 6/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, Lane Hog said:

How many destinations are actually requiring them?  Lots of conjecture, but where's the proof?

If you can fly into the country without a test, I can't believe they'd require the test for a port call.

Sheesh.    Get your own proof of you don’t believe it.     Google is your friend.    It’s hardly a secret. 

• Like 1

Not sure why it hasn't been a bigger deal that Bahamas dropped the testing requirements for the vaccinated.  Which means my upcoming cruise to Bahamas and Jamaica does not require testing.  Yet i still have to test before getting on the ship?  Complete nonsense.  Covid is rampant everywhere and yet hospitalizations are non existent.  Why are we still doing this?

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Bahamas-eliminate-Covid-tests-vaccinated

• Like 2

Case and point.... as of Sunday, testing is no longer needed for vaccinated travelers heading to the Bahamas.

Since that's the biggest market for short cruises, the cruise lines have very few reasons left to stick with a blanket policy......

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

Case and point.... as of Sunday, testing is no longer needed for vaccinated travelers heading to the Bahamas.

Hadn’t heard this.  CDC thing ?  Which cruise lines are doing this ?

https://www.bahamas.com/pressroom/the-bahamas-removes-covid-19-testing-requirement-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers

NASSAU, Bahamas, 15 June 2022 – In addition to eliminating the mandatory Bahamas Travel Health Visa, the Government of The Bahamas announced today that fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country.

All unvaccinated travellers ages 2 and older will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test — either a negative RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test — taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to travel and present the negative test results at check-in before travel to The Bahamas.

Changes go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, 19 June 2022.

“The Bahamas is adapting to the continued evolution of this pandemic. We want to streamline the entry process for travellers as much as possible, all while ensuring we are protecting public health,” said the Honourable I. Chester Cooper, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Investments & Aviation. “We hope the changes to the pre-travel testing requirements combined with the elimination of the Travel Health Visa will reduce friction for travellers and further the recovery of our tourism sector.”

For full details on The Bahamas’ current COVID-19 protocols for travellers, please visit Bahamas.com/travelupdates.

12 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

https://www.bahamas.com/pressroom/the-bahamas-removes-covid-19-testing-requirement-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers

NASSAU, Bahamas, 15 June 2022 – In addition to eliminating the mandatory Bahamas Travel Health Visa, the Government of The Bahamas announced today that fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country.

All unvaccinated travellers ages 2 and older will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test — either a negative RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test — taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to travel and present the negative test results at check-in before travel to The Bahamas.

Changes go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, 19 June 2022.

“The Bahamas is adapting to the continued evolution of this pandemic. We want to streamline the entry process for travellers as much as possible, all while ensuring we are protecting public health,” said the Honourable I. Chester Cooper, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Investments & Aviation. “We hope the changes to the pre-travel testing requirements combined with the elimination of the Travel Health Visa will reduce friction for travellers and further the recovery of our tourism sector.”

For full details on The Bahamas’ current COVID-19 protocols for travellers, please visit Bahamas.com/travelupdates.

One domino

• Like 1