Hotel recommendation for Fort Lauderdale

bgoff60

On 6/15/2022 at 4:40 PM, Diver2014 said:

When we stayed there, no breakfast was offered other than a cabinet across from the desk that had some sweet rolls and a few boxes of cereal.  There was no place to have breakfast.

Things may have changed post-covid. They had hot food last time we were there. We now come in a couple of days early and rent a car and breakfast at Grandps's Bakery or Lester's diner are our favorite places now.

7 hours ago, George C said:

We were totally disappointed with embassy suites, so we switched to Hilton marina on 17 st .

Love that place too, except that $30/day resort fee………

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, esther e said:

Does the Riverside offer shuttle service to the port?  Also, is there bell service for luggage?

No shuttles, but the hotel can arrange for a car to the port, but many use Uber.  
I’ll say yes to the Bell question from previous experience 

If arriving hours prior to check-in, they also did a suitcase secure hold service for $3 per bag while one can take in the local sights.  Also they used to offer a post cruise/pre-flight stay.

3 hours ago, esther e said:

Does the Riverside offer shuttle service to the port?  Also, is there bell service for luggage?

We were there in April..no shuttle but a cab to the Port was $16. Don't know about bell service...give them a call.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 1:53 PM, Biker19 said:

Check the Florida ports section here at CC.

I thought that this forum was was the Florida ports/departure section.  Are you referring to another section?  I am interested in FLL parking garages for 7 days, if anyone has any suggestions.

5 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I thought that this forum was was the Florida ports/departure section.  Are you referring to another section?  I am interested in FLL parking garages for 7 days, if anyone has any suggestions.

It was in the RCI section when I made that comment, it got moved by the mods here. 

8 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

No shuttles, but the hotel can arrange for a car to the port, but many use Uber.  
I’ll say yes to the Bell question from previous experience 

If arriving hours prior to check-in, they also did a suitcase secure hold service for $3 per bag while one can take in the local sights.  Also they used to offer a post cruise/pre-flight stay.

Hmmmm.....They charge $3.00 per bag to hold your luggage until you're able to check in...That's unusual !!!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmmm.....They charge $3.00 per bag to hold your luggage until you're able to check in...That's unusual !!!

They did in the past, so is it free now?

Do they still offer the day stay pre-flight?
Good to have your up to date correct information for the benefit of CC - Thank you

On 6/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, George C said:

We were totally disappointed with embassy suites, so we switched to Hilton marina on 17 st .

Is the construction done at the Hilton Marina?

Thanks for the various comments. Sorry the Embassy Suites has deteriorated. Based on what I read here, we opted for Hyatt Place. They have a pretty good rate for a one-night stay + 7 days parking, additional parking $7/day. Since we are driving from Ocala, the parking is important - Hilton is $48/day.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, stl82 said:

Thanks for the various comments. Sorry the Embassy Suites has deteriorated. Based on what I read here, we opted for Hyatt Place. They have a pretty good rate for a one-night stay + 7 days parking, additional parking $7/day. Since we are driving from Ocala, the parking is important - Hilton is $48/day.

I think that there are more then on Hyatt Place hotels.  If so, to which are you referring.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I think that there are more then on Hyatt Place hotels.  If so, to which are you referring.  Thanks.

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port on SE 10th Ave.