The Daily for Thursday 06/16/2022

richwmn

No storms yet and now not very likely, although other places in the region had them and there is a tornado watch until 11:00. Second-guessing is the primary recreation of people in the organization that I work for and I'm sure that I will hear about it, since our annual meeting is next week.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

No storms yet and now not very likely, although other places in the region had them and there is a tornado watch until 11:00. Second-guessing is the primary recreation of people in the organization that I work for and I'm sure that I will hear about it, since our annual meeting is next week.

None here either. Mainly the bad stuff passed to the south of me. But some rain would have been nice.

• Like 10

Good Afternoon All,

Heres our contribution for International Waterfalls Day: part of upper Chilnhuilna Falls in Wawona, Yosemite National Park. It’s one of our favorites, is best early season and not too many people know about it. So it’s our secret, okay?  I would also post Waterwheel Falls, in Yosemite’s high country, but the pictures aren’t digital. 

Veggie Day- I just picked the first 2 peppers from our garden. Will stuff them with hamburger spaghetti sauce ( I make it thick with a sprinkle of cinnamon) and so we’ll celebrate the beginning of veggie season in our new garden. Gotta check our stash for an appropriate wine.

Our garden now:

FD12503A-83A5-4D19-B1FC-AFF30243F4CC.thumb.jpeg.088c1b5e4a1054cb4d31afc7f605ded1.jpeg

C4BD7DEA-06E0-48AA-BDE2-EC1D97EAF362.thumb.jpeg.7758e490b442534823585b2a44021b9a.jpeg

3C726F73-9469-4DCA-984A-CDB2BB7B5D13.thumb.jpeg.2db8eaca180d911914f25cfaaca0483e.jpeg

Tonights dinner 

DF00997E-C9A6-40DE-89D7-2B1FB64AA8DE.thumb.jpeg.2d0edfa3d18c281b0f6940a97c24aa02.jpeg

The passion fruit vines are growing!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Oh my what a day!  Great pictures!  Great veggies!  And now for the rest of the story.

Several months ago our phone started getting calls, and people were saying that we had just called them, and what did we want.  We would get 4-5 a day, sometimes more, and of course we hadn't called them, we are busy calling our patrons.  We don't use our phone at all.  But when one woman did a reverse search, tell me my name and address and called me a stupid B*5$# for allowing someone to steal my identity, (which of course they didn't-they just encoded a phone with our number) we called the phone company.  Nothing they can do they said, and then the call started to get worse, and we called again. and because being cussed out on the phone is an offense, and out of state theft of our number is wrong, we were told to call the feds.  But you cant call the feds, you email the feds, and the calls stopped, and now they are back.

DH took over 15 calls today, yesterday we were both called things you cant repeat to your momma, and tomorrow I am calling our local police.  I do not like to feel threatened.  Now my question is, if you don't know the number, the person says nothing, then why call?  If it was an emergency they would talk, or leave a message.  DH thinks that someone must really hate us to do this to us.  If that's true it would be my second husband.  But he is not smart enough to do something like that.  Bored enough yes, smart enough, no.

So hubby called the phone company again, and he was put on hold for over 50 minutes.  He hung up and tried again, and was put on hold for another 48, before I hung up the phone. 

But I did have an interesting conversation with someone who called yesterday.  I told him that I get over 8 calls a day, from people with accents from foreign countries wanting to buy my house.   I ask for a million dollars, and not one of them has taken me up on that offer, but he told me that his ex girl friend was a realtor in FL, and she cant get any sales, because people are selling to these phone calls.  China is buying our country one residence at a time.   So please tell your friends not to sell their homes to callers.  I knew that a country was buying them, but this should really be on the news.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

@marshhawk   I can’t imagine who is doing this to you but it could be someone you know.

It’s not so uncommon. We got a voice message from someone inquiring about selling our apartment. We called back to tell him we are renters. A young woman answered. Apparently she had broken up with her boyfriend and this was the boyfriend being vindictive because of the break up. She had been getting dozens of calls.

I hope you can do something about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

B79700C8-91F4-4F8E-8B40-177C0D8345AF.thumb.jpeg.6378fca2ae84f97c5bc9bbc65afc83f5.jpeg

I’m just trying @Sharon in AZSharon’s suggestion on how to get photos placed in my post from an IPhone. Once they removed Tender #12 this was the view out our window in Olden, Norway. Someone just had to place the coiled rope right in front of our view. Not a few feet to the right or left. Then of course Carnival Pride did their best to obstruct our view too!  The second photo was taken of our TV screen which shows the front of the ship bridgecam. The sun actually came out for a bit later in the day.

2008FA29-1793-44DB-8B5F-FDD2802879D5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4