The Daily for Thursday 06/16/2022

richwmn

Good afternoon from Venice!  We are having lunch right now at our favorite pizza place, Alla Strega — the witch. We had pizza last night at a place we had been to before but it was horrible so had to come back here a second time, might make it three times before we leave. I had lasagna and Sir Craig had pizza. Yum!  It was so good that I forgot to take pictures. 

Visited San Zaccaria today. Supposedly the doges liked to visit the nuns here but not for religious reasons. Once a year they made an official visit with their entourage and would sit in these chairs. 
FEAB9650-D575-4A53-99CB-352FFDAD8ACB.thumb.jpeg.40755e6bc4668c6e58ad2ae9b53872cd.jpeg

A Tintoretto in the choir chapel.  The birth of John the Baptist. 
D726FC2D-2416-4330-9D8F-349140E59EDC.thumb.jpeg.37cd0ab8ebdd3f59792cfaab6b504861.jpeg

Beautiful mosaics. Why would you cover them up?  Look closely toward the altar for the mosaic floor. 

996C7338-4AB1-4901-88E6-70DC46440CC1.thumb.jpeg.6d271f7b99a1fd54e640edf3a3e7befb.jpeg

That’s all for now. I’ll try to share more later. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

Good morning! Phew! It’s 7:10 AM and I’m already tired! Love the grandchildren but they do keep you busy but so worth it.

Jacqui what a beautiful garden. 
Sandi. I have to say it appears Hal takes a lot better care of it’s Covid guest than Princess. Of course in our case we had our Neptune Lounge concierges taking care of us and they were fantastic. Amazing to me that your DH has such symptoms so soon after. Which brings up how many times can we get this crap?

Trips planned to our city’s fantastic children’s play park and pool are on today’s agenda.

Will be seeing many waterfalls in our summer travels especially in Norway. Will be going to Indonesia on WC which will be a first time visit.

Back to being Pop Pop! Thanks for the Fleet Report and all postings. Your “post” counts!😁

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Thursday morning to all.  Thank you to both Rich and Roy for the lists.

Sorry I have been away for a few days.  Things just got ahead of me and never got here.  Thank you for including me on the cares list.  Don’t know when these hands will stop hurting.  The good news is that the inflammation seems to be subsiding and I am counting on lowering my Predinsone dosage beginning on Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

Prayers to all on the cares list.  I see that Dr. Fauci has Covid.  I have to go check that out.  

Prayers for @Heartgrovefor the loss of his sister and that his brother recovers from PEG surgery.

@StLouisCruisershope you are recovering from Covid and not too bored with your confinement., Prayers for both you and DH.  Prayers for Buddy as well.

Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  Please stay safe.

I will try to get here every day to post.  

God Bless,

Terri

It is always lovely to hear from you Terri.

Hopefully your hands are getting better.

Pauline is out shopping and chatting with her best friend at the local retail outlet so I am sitting in our back garden eating my lunch of Muesli with nuts and yogurt.

It is 78°F humid and sunny.

Graham.

IMG_20220616_131645.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I enjoy fresh veggies, especially when they come right out of the garden.  Watching waterfalls can be so relaxing.  Nursing assistants are a valuable resource in every medical office and hospital.

Well I won't have to water the plants or lawn for a few days - over the past 24 hours, 22 of them involved gentle rain which has soaked into the ground nicely.  After the drought we experienced last year it's nice looking out onto the street and seeing puddles.  Now we're going to need some heat to really make the plants reach their potential.  I'm loving all the plant and flower photos folks are posting, it always gives me ideas for next year's yard. 

@kazuI love your new avatar and it's significance.

@Heartgrovethinking of you and your family today as you lay your sister to rest.

@StLouisCruiserssorry your DH is feeling so unwell and that you can't get any rest.  I'd be calling guest services to see if there's a possibility of moving into a different cabin because of the noise.  It's sounding like your meals are real hit and miss.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday - in a couple of weeks she and her extended family (there will be 8 of them) are going to Hawaii for 3 weeks.  I nearly fell off my chair when she told me what the car rental company wanted for an 8 seater mini-van - $8,500.  I didn't realize there was a shortage of rental cars and that they can charge whatever they like.  Yikes!  Apparently the rental company said they were getting a discount because it was a long term rental.   What a discount!?!

Thanks for all your birthday wishes for our son - I told him about them and he was so pleased.  We called him yesterday evening just as they were giving the boys a bubble bath, so got to speak to the whole family.  They're planning on coming here at the beginning of July for a brief visit, so we have that to look forward to.

Not a lot going on here today, so that means I have to work indoors . . . looks like the laundry will get done and maybe even the vacuuming and dusting.  The house won't know what hit it!  LOL   I think I'd like today's menu suggestion, although I'm not overly fond of spinach in my pizzas.  Last night before we went to bed, DH said "You know, we haven't had breakfast for dinner for a long time."  Well you don't have to tell me twice, so we're having bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast for dinner tonight!  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all they're having to do just to stay alive.  We'll celebrate the happy list with a solid clinking of glasses tonight.  Stay well, wear masks when you need to, get your boosters and be safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@dfishDebbie, if you only feel the pain when you are putting pressure on that side, not walking or in the pool - that might give some clues to your PCP. Would the tests you have undergone show nerve issues? Sometimes a pinched nerve only shows up in certain positions. 

Ok, I will leave it to you and your expert medical team. But I will pray that they find the solution and get rid of it once & for all. 

The pain starts when I am on my back.  It is in my right side, just above the hip.  If I roll onto my right side, the pain goes away, so pressure isn't the problem.   We started out this search for back issues that could be causing it and tried all the remedies we knew.  That is what led to MRIs, CT scans, and ultrasounds.  I am at a loss.  So is my expert medical team.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning to all!  We are surviving barely. DH and I took an overnight cold and flu medication since I was a little stuffy and his symptoms have come on strong now. It’s like a cold is the reality. He slept and I barely slept. Trying to get the covering comfortable and those MUTS blankets are too small to properly cover you. 

I feel pretty good today. Not a lot of coughing and not stuffy anymore. Just need more sleep. 

If the food and beverage department knew what they were doing all would be well. Call us, send a printed menu or any other method. Just stick with the program people!  I’m ready to stop eating altogether just to not have to deal with them. 

Today the tender people woke us up at 6:30 am to drop the tender outside our window. Yesterday they spent the entire day marching back and forth out there and using very loud hydraulic power tools to repair the davits. At least we had a misty view of the shore today. Then Carnival Pride sailed in and stopped across the way blocking half the view. Sure didn’t take long to rain on our parade. I wish I could post photos here from my IPhone but I haven’t worked that out yet. 

Buddy had spinal surgery yesterday although he at first refused. It took all the docs in the department to convince him. If he didn’t do it they would have to talk hospice and he would be paralyzed. They’re really just buying him time. It’s a real mess in there twin said. Who would have ever thought this young man would end up here?  My problems are small compared to his. 😢

So sorry to have so much negativity today. Thinking of all our Dailyites who need our prayers and special thoughts for Jack as he lays his sister to rest. 🙏🏻

Sandi, sorry to hear that things are going so poorly for you and your DH.  I hope that turns around quickly!  This is not the vacation you dreamed about.  Also, it is so sad about Buddy.  Hopefully they can bring him some measure of comfort.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning to all!  We are surviving barely. DH and I took an overnight cold and flu medication since I was a little stuffy and his symptoms have come on strong now. It’s like a cold is the reality. He slept and I barely slept. Trying to get the covering comfortable and those MUTS blankets are too small to properly cover you. 

I feel pretty good today. Not a lot of coughing and not stuffy anymore. Just need more sleep. 

If the food and beverage department knew what they were doing all would be well. Call us, send a printed menu or any other method. Just stick with the program people!  I’m ready to stop eating altogether just to not have to deal with them. 

Today the tender people woke us up at 6:30 am to drop the tender outside our window. Yesterday they spent the entire day marching back and forth out there and using very loud hydraulic power tools to repair the davits. At least we had a misty view of the shore today. Then Carnival Pride sailed in and stopped across the way blocking half the view. Sure didn’t take long to rain on our parade. I wish I could post photos here from my IPhone but I haven’t worked that out yet. 

Buddy had spinal surgery yesterday although he at first refused. It took all the docs in the department to convince him. If he didn’t do it they would have to talk hospice and he would be paralyzed. They’re really just buying him time. It’s a real mess in there twin said. Who would have ever thought this young man would end up here?  My problems are small compared to his. 😢

So sorry to have so much negativity today. Thinking of all our Dailyites who need our prayers and special thoughts for Jack as he lays his sister to rest. 🙏🏻

I'm so sorry Princess are treating you poorly Sandi.

P&O had all the mid ships balconies on every deck as quarantine cabins.

Pleased to hear you are feeling better but please don't stop eating and it helps to speak when things are getting you down and I believe everyone on here are good listeners 

I hope your husband soon feels better and prayers for Buddy.

Very best Regards.

Graham.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

@ger_77 Watch what you pray for regarding heat.  You do not want so many of us are having.

My dad would fix corn waffles for dinner, one of my favorite meals!  I love breakfast foods at dinner time.  DH, not so much.  HIs father was a big wig in the Air Force, and I think he tried to be the "Joneses" that every one else had to keep up with. I think that is why meal time is such a struggle in this house.  My mom had a cooking allowance of 25 dollars a week in the 50's.  It went up to 50 in the 60's, and by the mid 70's my dad was the shopper and chef.  We didn't always eat healthy, but we did eat happy.

@grapau27 I meant to mention yesterday your cute bunnies in the yard.  Since they didn't move from one picture to another, I realized they are garden art. Adorable!

@dfishI hope you are getting closer to pain free.  Same to @Cruzin Terri.  I went to bed last night with my right hip hurting, and woke up with my left hip hurting.

I am loving the garden pictures.  I had great hope for the yard when I bought the house, I had a yellow Lady Banks Rose on a trellis and I went to move the trellis and was swarmed by yellow jackets that had nested in the holes in the ground, I got stung many times, ran into the house, and never worked that part of the yard again.  And in 2020 I decided to do a potted garden on the patio and fell and broke my elbow, I really don't have a green thumb.  I like my water garden, and that needs work now to get the waterfall going again.  It's so hot though that I have to fight the algae growth to get to the pump.  And these days I dont do any thing too risky without someone telling me how to do it.😏

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Love veggies & waterfalls and I will happily celebrate Nursing Assistants day.  They are invaluable. 👍 

I think I resemble the first part of today’s quote.  I’m waiting for the 2nd part to happen 😉 

Wasn’t very happy with my lawn guys yesterday They pitched the wrought iron supporter (which was on my sidewalk portion) you see below next to the geraniums and azalea.

F8131371-34C4-4522-8FCC-E5A6F9E4104E.thumb.jpeg.6cb2c88f1129ddba7b97fb55d4a877d5.jpeg

Onto the azalea.  

295D684A-D356-4D00-A82B-166A7D2D9921.thumb.jpeg.4fc260dd09fc49cf48e6a1fe18e2f65c.jpeg

I’m going to take a few deep breaths before I call and complain.  Haven’t been pleased this year and keep working to correct things but this is the icing on the cake.  You don’t throw things on my plants😡. I better wait until I have more coffee first 😉

CC4854E4-CA5C-47C5-B0CF-6C0E89751A18.thumb.jpeg.bf31fe854b6f8ed9bbfe6206a35686ec.jpeg

My rhodo in the back has been struggling for a couple of years and I was happy to see some blooms on it this year.  Now to figure out what is eating it?

122EEA02-B90C-4487-869A-741CF1866589.thumb.jpeg.cc7e0057db09edb7b822c683b3c6dc13.jpeg

Well, I am following in Roy’s @rafinmd’s footsteps.  Our Norway cruise was cancelled on the Volendam so I booked next year on the N. Statendam ending in Rotterdam along with some CC friends.  I discovered that there was a sweet sale on the Oosterdam sailing out of Barcelona 2 days later &, I could use points to get there 👍. So, I’ll fly from AMS to BCN on the 28th and hop on the Oosterdam on the 30th.  I will truly be solo on that one not “knowing” anyone (yet).

I was really worried about my dahlias.  They didn’t seem to be sprouting and I was afraid with everything that happened I had been cursed with a black thumb 😬 Looks like it was just not warm enough to suit them as they are now coming along 👍 Hopefully they will do well for Jose’s Celebration of Life later one 🤞 

2ACEB06F-2045-4CF3-8688-28F55A1D6658.thumb.jpeg.c9ae392bac402568e67ff92c11535065.jpeg

@Heartgroveyou are in my thoughts and prayers today for the funeral 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them & a 🥂 to those on the Celebration list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!!!

8786E1AD-A4C3-4AC1-8B0E-182320EDD1F1.thumb.jpeg.30a63d576391b3ea42a354367685c53c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

Lovely post Jacqui @kazu.

I like your new Avatar picture as well as I liked your previous one.

Your garden is gorgeous and we would also be annoyed if someone carelessly flattened any of our flowers.

Graham.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

@ger_77 Watch what you pray for regarding heat.  You do not want so many of us are having.

My dad would fix corn waffles for dinner, one of my favorite meals!  I love breakfast foods at dinner time.  DH, not so much.  HIs father was a big wig in the Air Force, and I think he tried to be the "Joneses" that every one else had to keep up with. I think that is why meal time is such a struggle in this house.  My mom had a cooking allowance of 25 dollars a week in the 50's.  It went up to 50 in the 60's, and by the mid 70's my dad was the shopper and chef.  We didn't always eat healthy, but we did eat happy.

@grapau27 I meant to mention yesterday your cute bunnies in the yard.  Since they didn't move from one picture to another, I realized they are garden art. Adorable!

@dfishI hope you are getting closer to pain free.  Same to @Cruzin Terri.  I went to bed last night with my right hip hurting, and woke up with my left hip hurting.

I am loving the garden pictures.  I had great hope for the yard when I bought the house, I had a yellow Lady Banks Rose on a trellis and I went to move the trellis and was swarmed by yellow jackets that had nested in the holes in the ground, I got stung many times, ran into the house, and never worked that part of the yard again.  And in 2020 I decided to do a potted garden on the patio and fell and broke my elbow, I really don't have a green thumb.  I like my water garden, and that needs work now to get the waterfall going again.  It's so hot though that I have to fight the algae growth to get to the pump.  And these days I dont do any thing too risky without someone telling me how to do it.😏

Thank you.

They are specially made with crushed granite and resin.

Graham.

16553870069016291409866429348400.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Unfortunately, the pain in my side is back.  The last couple of nights I have been woken up by the pain.  Same routine of turning over on my side gets rid of it temporarily.  I have an appointment with my PCP on Tuesday so we can brainstorm where to turn next. 

So sorry to hear this Debbie,  I sure hope that the PCP can help figure things out 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

First of all, you are not negative.  You definitely need to vent with all you are going through and we are here for you. ♥️ 

I am so very sorry of your difficulties with covid and the quarantine issues.  My prayers for Buddy and for both of you that you can endure all this and recover quickly and get out of that h*ll hole of a cabin 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Hello to all Dailyites from the Oosterdam, currently docked in Piraeus, Greece.

Today is June 16th, and it is celebrated (mostly in Dublin) as Bloomsday.  It is the day that Leopold Bloom wandered Dublin in Ulysses, by James Joyce.   

So, from Ulysses here is today's menu:

Breakfast:  Pork kidneys, slightly burnt. (mutton kidneys would have been preferable but they were in short supply).

Lunch: Gorgonzola sandwich (with mustard)  and a glass of burgundy (N.B. this wine is not covered by Signature Beverage Pack.)

Dinner: Fried Cod's Roes.

Makes tonight's Lido dinner seem like a 2 star Michelin restaurant

😆 😂 

I have really been enjoying your LIVE thread.  Thanks so much for taking us along  and doing such a great job 👍 

30 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuI love your new avatar and it's significance.

Thanks 🙂 You will see Jose in my cabin on the cruise.  There is a heart in the bear’s pocket with some of his ashes ♥️ 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Good morning fellow Daily-ites. Thank you to all contributing. 

Prayers for Sandi, DH, Buddy, Jen, Debbie, and all who need extra prayers today. A special prayer being sent up for @Heartgroveand his family. Jacqui..you know.. and love the 🧸.

Our neighbor set up new traps for the armadillo last night. They are rummaging under our drip lines and making a mess. Our neighbor just planted beautiful canna lilies and they've been trounced thru. 

It's been several weeks now since our neighborhood had a Covid19 outbreak. We decided to try Mahjongg tonight and see how it goes. 

Still 100 degree days into the foreseeable future. Neighbors are getting $60 fines for 1st offense crimes of watering on their non watering days. The 2nd offense is worse..

Wishing you a blessed day.

0514222016_Edited.thumb.jpg.e9436db5b3967475b83269af231c933c.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon from Olden, Norway.  We decided to not tender to shore having been here before and the weather was lousy.  Of course, about 2:00 the sun came out 🤦🏼.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, sorry you guys are having food service problems — that should be priority for those who are sick!

Now they are returning the tenders, sleep interrupted again!!

Well, was going to post a couple of waterfall pictures I just snapped from our balcony and the gremlins won’t let me attach them! 👹

• Like 27

I love fresh vegetables!  Every year we join a CSA.  Community Supported Agriculture (CSA): a farmer offers a certain number of "shares" to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, Interested consumers purchase a share and in return receive a box of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.  Advantages for farmers:  Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm's cash flow.  Advantages for consumers: 1)Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits 2)Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking.  

This week, I got broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, garlic scapes, snow peas and beets.  All because I prepaid $15 a week in April.  I highly recommend looking for a CSA in your area if you like fresh veggies.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily and to all contributors.

All good days. Fresh/Frozen veggies are good for us, I love waterfalls and photographing them, and a salute to essential NAs. Interesting quote.

I like the meal (with a lower carb crust) and drink. Pass on the wine.

I haven't been to Lembar. Thanks in advance for any pictures.

Another heat warning day, with possible severe storms tonight. I'll stay inside most of the day. Fortunately, nothing at the injection site so far. I took a Claritin this AM per my doctor's recommendation. 

@Heartgrove Thinking of you Jack and your family on this difficult day. 

@StLouisCruisers Hoping you get better sleep. Can they move you due to the noise? Sorry to hear that the issues getting food continue. Prayers for Buddy that the spinal surgery helps prevent paralysis. So sad. And prayers for you and DH.

@Cruzin Terri  Good that the inflammation is subsiding. I think I can tell a difference with my RA meds, after only 2 weeks.

@kazu A special new avatar. Beautiful azalea. I hope you get things straightened out with the lawn people. I have a rhodo in my back yard that I want to move to the front. I hope I don't kill it when I do that! Great cruise plans.

@dfish Sorry to hear the pain is back and I hope you get it figured out.

@VMax1700 Thanks for taking us along on you live thread.

@Sharon in AZ Thanks for sharing your time in Venice.

@grapau27 Love the cute garden bunnies.

Prayers for the Care List, and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone and wear a mask when needed.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

On your iPhone click on add files next to the paper clip. All your pictures will show. Select and add from there. Sometimes I add pictures one at a time and sometimes several at a time. I’m sure you can figure it out. 

Such sad news about Buddy. I can’t imagine his pain and what he has gone through. Prayers for him. 🙏

Sharon thanks I’ll look for that paper clip. As for Buddy I keep thinking of the “buying him more time”.  Scary indeed for them. 

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning. Thanks @kazufor your beautiful garden photos.  Yesterday with all the rain and wind my hummingbird feeder iron post fell over.  Didn't hurt my flowers but boy were they confused. 

@dfish I sure hope you can find out where your pain is coming from. 

Our storm in the morning yesterday was the worst.  We had done a lot of preparation for the supposedly big one was unnecessary. Some rain and lightning.  Glad we missed the big one.  Big storms can blow down trees and block our logging road.  Lots of chain saw work with terrible mosquitoes. It is going to blow today so that makes outdoor work better with the mosquitoes blown away.

Sandy I hope you and your husband feel better soon. 

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and the 2 American volunteers missing in Ukraine.   🙏🇺🇦

IMG_20220616_064850652.jpg

Thanks for your well wishes. Sorry about the storm and the damage it caused. And let me thank you for keeping up on the Ukrainian situation. Being away I haven’t heard about the missing Americans. And they turn off our news stations on the TV when in port. 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning fellow Daily-ites. Thank you to all contributing. 

Prayers for Sandi, DH, Buddy, Jen, Debbie, and all who need extra prayers today. A special prayer being sent up for @Heartgroveand his family. Jacqui..you know.. and love the 🧸.

Our neighbor set up new traps for the armadillo last night. They are rummaging under our drip lines and making a mess. Our neighbor just planted beautiful canna lilies and they've been trounced thru. 

It's been several weeks now since our neighborhood had a Covid19 outbreak. We decided to try Mahjongg tonight and see how it goes. 

Still 100 degree days into the foreseeable future. Neighbors are getting $60 fines for 1st offense crimes of watering on their non watering days. The 2nd offense is worse..

Wishing you a blessed day.

0514222016_Edited.thumb.jpg.e9436db5b3967475b83269af231c933c.jpg

What an absolutely gorgeous picture.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

So sorry to hear this Debbie,  I sure hope that the PCP can help figure things out 🙏🏻 

First of all, you are not negative.  You definitely need to vent with all you are going through and we are here for you. ♥️ 

I am so very sorry of your difficulties with covid and the quarantine issues.  My prayers for Buddy and for both of you that you can endure all this and recover quickly and get out of that h*ll hole of a cabin 🙏🏻

😆 😂 

I have really been enjoying your LIVE thread.  Thanks so much for taking us along  and doing such a great job 👍 

Thanks 🙂 You will see Jose in my cabin on the cruise.  There is a heart in the bear’s pocket with some of his ashes ♥️ 

Hi Jacqui.

Pauline got this specially made with some of her dad's clothes he wore on his last cruise in 2007 before he died in July 2008.

Maybe someone locally might be able to make something similar if you think it is a good idea.

Graham.

IMG_20220616_164355.jpg

• Like 25

Good morning all!

After what I hope will be a brief rain shower this morning, we're supposed to have sun and up to the mid 60's F today. Summer is late coming. Compared to our friends on the east coast and mid-west, I feel like we're in the arctic!

I love fresh veggies, especially just-picked.  My tomato and sweet pepper plants are getting such a slow, late start this year though.  Also love waterfalls, and a good nursing assistant is worth her weight in gold.  Will pass on the drink (coconut and pineapple), sweet wine, and meal.  Not a fan of chicken on pizza.  Agree with the quote. 

We're waiting and watching -- so far DSIL and our oldest grandson have managed to escape getting Covid from DD and our youngest grandson (who are doing great).  We have reservations for a couple days at the ocean this weekend with the boys and have decided that DH and I will go even if the boys aren't able (only if Foster gets sick between now and then).  Either way will be a nice get-away (one being much more tiring than the other!)  😅

Today would have been my late sister's 82nd birthday.  Happy Birthday in heaven, Beverly! ❤️

I have been missing @St. Louis Sal's posts and hope she's ok.

@kazuJacqui don't you hate it when workers hurt your plants??  Your experience reminded me of when the A/C installers piled wet, heavy mud on top of my small Azalea -- and they had been asked to be careful around it.  

@dfishDebbie I'm so sorry to hear that the pain is back!  How frustrating!!  

@HeartgroveJack prayers for you today as you lay your sister to rest.

@Sharon in AZI'm loving your photos from Venice, thank you!

Here is a photo of one of our local waterfalls.  Snoqualmie Falls.  It's also where DS proposed to our DDIL.

468200857_SnoqualmieFalls.webp.25309f7013400575c5e983bbb2c98900.webp

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Let me say thanks to everyone above and I’m sorry I can’t deal with fighting to stay logged in to post anything. It was all I could do to get that first post with only two multi quotes. 

I think we’re going to have to stay here though. DH is always on the phone trying to straighten things out. They just delivered dinner and it’s missing my Caesar salad. I don’t care because my tummy is upset with all the hub-bub!  Better go eat what they did bring me. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 16

Good morning from central Texas.  The skies are partly cloudy, and there's not much wind today.  We're heading back into the 100sF for the foreseeable future.  

I picked  up some fresh veggies when I went to the store today. This rip was because wine was 20% off if you bought six bottles or more.  I got twelve before they ran out.  I love waterfalls, and I think half my pictures from Iceland are of waterfalls.  Nursing assistants are a treasure.  They do much of the "grunt" work and usually with a smile.

Today's quote is true, but some times it seems it takes a while for the second half to arrive.

We'll pass on the meal.  I like pizza, but not with chicken.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.  I like Rieslings, but not the sweet ones.

We have not been to Lombok, Indonesia.  

@kazu  Jacqui, I like the new avatar and significance behind it.  I'm still enjoying the pictures of the flowers.   I'm sorry the yard guys were not careful with your plants.  We fired one lawn service because they tried to get as much done in as little time by racing their zero-turn mower through the yard.  They broke a sprinkler head almost every time.  Our neighbor who mows our yard when we're not here does an okay job, but not the job I do.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm sorry the pain is back.  I hope you can find a solution and soon.

@cat shepard  Thanks for the video of Dettifoss.  It is worth the effort to get to it.

@JAM37  Enjoy your visitors today.  I've had the problem of not being able to tag others.  When that happens, I just type the @ and CC name and keep going.  Usually, after a few names, it will begin tagging again.  Then I just go back and redo the ones I couldn't tag, but it is a hassle.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad you are feeling better and hope your DH feels better soon.  I'm also sorry your are still having problems with room service and the workers outside your window.  You'd think they would have the quarantine cabins in a quiet area so people could get some rest.  It also sounds like they did not remove the duvet and bring you a blanket.  Feel free to vent all you want, we're here to listen.  I hope the surgery relieves some of Buddy's pain and makes his time more comfortable.  The situation is not good.

@Heartgrove  Thinking of you and your family today as you celebrate your sister's life.  Safe travels later today.

@ottahand7   Glad the big storm missed you.  Love the picture of the iris, my favorite flower and color.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm glad the precautions prevented a reaction to the injection.  I'm glad you can feel a difference with the new medicine so soon.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad you are getting some much needed rain.  From someone in the middle of the heat, wish for warmer not hotter weather.

@Sharon in AZ  Thank you for the pictures from Venice.  We are seeing places we missed in our visits.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

In honor of Waterfall Day, here are two waterfalls on the main road east of Reykjavik.  The first one was close to the road with a parking area for viewing.  The second on is Seljalandsfoss, which is back from the road in a park like setting.

DSC09792.thumb.JPG.446280912732446f481125bda19740b4.JPG

DSC09799.thumb.JPG.89f75ea9575ab00c1abb2449124690e7.JPG

Lenda

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, I just had my phone appointment with the doctor, actually his locum, and he told me the barium swallow didn't show any deformities of the esophagus, just reflux and some irregularities in swallowing (getting things down - I blame it on the marshmallows!).  I have to get back to them when we get back from our trip.  I am to take my PPI in the morning not the evening as I have been doing.  

My temperature has been going up in the afternoons, and I am not feeling great.  Pat got over this cold much more quickly; I am not used to this - after two years of having no colds or flu, it is a shock!  Our DD had an appointment with the dentist a couple of weeks ago, it was put off for a week as the doctor had a cold, now it's been put off again as he is in the hospital with influenza.  Strange things going around.  He must be nearing retirement, my mother was one of his first patients, then I joined, and now he looks after DD as well, giving her the "family discount".

Thinking of you all today while I wallow in self-pity!  There is a lot to do before we leave and I must get at least a few things done today.  

On the subject of vegetables:

1256013079_Screenshot2022-06-15at5_23_54PM.thumb.png.9d47ce021e5a2e53e4c36e19e5cc42b3.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12