The Daily for Thursday 06/16/2022

richwmn

Today is Fresh Veggies Day, International Waterfall Day, and Nursing Assistants Day

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.--Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Florentine Pizza
Drink of the Day - Amaretto Pina Colada
wine of the Day - Pacific Rim 2020 Sweet Riesling (Columbia Valley (
Destination of the Day - Lembar, Lombok, Indonesia

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

Visby, Sweden

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Oosterdam

Piraeus-Athens, Greece 07:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Stavanger, Norway 08:00 - 15:00

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Quebec City, Canada eta 06/17

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska eta 06/17

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0616World.thumb.png.e185da3c96d0b29571fc902c3cd7f6a1.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

Good Thursday morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  Love my veggies. Waterfalls mesmerize me.  A nod to nursing assistants who are usually the first to see me at a doctor’s appointment.  I’d try today’s meal suggestion but I don’t love chicken on pizza. The drink sounds interesting.  I haven’t been to today’s port, can’t wait to see the photos.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today!

• Like 25

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Another hot, humid day here.  We're not used to it.

A great collection of days.  I love fresh veggies.  Waterfalls are mesmerizing.  A big thank you to nursing assistants.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink but hope the wine is good.

Thanks in advance for pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Good afternoon from a hot 77°F North East coast of England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Good days.

We both eat lots of vegetables.

Nursing assistants do an important job.

There are some fantastic waterfall's around the world.

Excellent true quote.

Food sounds delicious as does the drink and wine.

Prayers 🙏 and good wishes for everyone who is unwell.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Most of my veggies are frozen, love waterfalls, and nursing assistants are true angels of mercy.  Also love the Sparks  quote.  I've been to Indonesia but not to Lombok,  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Peach Soup with Goat Cheese, Lamb Shank, and Upside Pear Crunch Coffee Cake, my final dinner on my 2015 Prinsendam cruise.

Today’s care list:

Heartgrove older sister being laid to rest
Dr Fauci with covid
StLouisCruisers and DH in Covid jail
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
ottahand7 in path of storms
1Angelcat frustration with medical system and hand issues
Buddy with continuing problems
Lady Hudson cruise friend with covid
From the rotation:
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu
StLouisSal with weakening legs
Cruzin Terri with continuing hand problems

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

All BHB hosting guests
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
Bon Voyage Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 6/24)
Heartgrive visiting brother
aliaschief visit from daughter and grand-daughters
smitty34877's gas crew
Lovely photo by kazu’s BIL
Sharon in AZ in Venice to 6/19
Mister67 (Equinox to 6/18) Oceansaway16 (Allure OTS to 6/18), travelingbums (Jewel OTS to 6/20), VMAX (Oosterdam to 6/25),  StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Most of my veggies are frozen, love waterfalls, and nursing assistants are true angels of mercy.  Also love the Sparks  quote.  I've been to Indonesia but not to Lombok,  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Peach Soup with Goat Cheese, Lamb Shank, and Upside Pear Crunch Coffee Cake, my final dinner on my 2015 Prinsendam cruise.

Today’s care list:

Heartgrove older sister being laid to rest
Dr Fauci with covid
StLouisCruisers and DH in Covid jail
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
ottahand7 in path of storms
1Angelcat frustration with medical system and hand issues
Buddy with continuing problems
Lady Hudson cruise friend with covid
From the rotation:
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu
StLouisSal with weakening legs
Cruzin Terri with continuing hand problems

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

All BHB hosting guests
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
Bon Voyage Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 6/24)
Heartgrive visiting brother
aliaschief visit from daughter and grand-daughters
smitty34877's gas crew
Lovely photo by kazu’s BIL
Sharon in AZ in Venice to 6/19
Mister67 (Equinox to 6/18) Oceansaway16 (Allure OTS to 6/18), travelingbums (Jewel OTS to 6/20), VMAX (Oosterdam to 6/25),  StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Prayers for Jack @Heartgrove

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good Thursday morning to all.  Thank you to both Rich and Roy for the lists.

Sorry I have been away for a few days.  Things just got ahead of me and never got here.  Thank you for including me on the cares list.  Don’t know when these hands will stop hurting.  The good news is that the inflammation seems to be subsiding and I am counting on lowering my Predinsone dosage beginning on Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

Prayers to all on the cares list.  I see that Dr. Fauci has Covid.  I have to go check that out.  

Prayers for @Heartgrovefor the loss of his sister and that his brother recovers from PEG surgery.

@StLouisCruisershope you are recovering from Covid and not too bored with your confinement., Prayers for both you and DH.  Prayers for Buddy as well.

Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  Please stay safe.

I will try to get here every day to post.  

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Love veggies & waterfalls and I will happily celebrate Nursing Assistants day.  They are invaluable. 👍 

I think I resemble the first part of today’s quote.  I’m waiting for the 2nd part to happen 😉 

Wasn’t very happy with my lawn guys yesterday They pitched the wrought iron supporter (which was on my sidewalk portion) you see below next to the geraniums and azalea.

F8131371-34C4-4522-8FCC-E5A6F9E4104E.thumb.jpeg.6cb2c88f1129ddba7b97fb55d4a877d5.jpeg

Onto the azalea.  

295D684A-D356-4D00-A82B-166A7D2D9921.thumb.jpeg.4fc260dd09fc49cf48e6a1fe18e2f65c.jpeg

I’m going to take a few deep breaths before I call and complain.  Haven’t been pleased this year and keep working to correct things but this is the icing on the cake.  You don’t throw things on my plants😡. I better wait until I have more coffee first 😉

CC4854E4-CA5C-47C5-B0CF-6C0E89751A18.thumb.jpeg.bf31fe854b6f8ed9bbfe6206a35686ec.jpeg

My rhodo in the back has been struggling for a couple of years and I was happy to see some blooms on it this year.  Now to figure out what is eating it?

122EEA02-B90C-4487-869A-741CF1866589.thumb.jpeg.cc7e0057db09edb7b822c683b3c6dc13.jpeg

Well, I am following in Roy’s @rafinmd’s footsteps.  Our Norway cruise was cancelled on the Volendam so I booked next year on the N. Statendam ending in Rotterdam along with some CC friends.  I discovered that there was a sweet sale on the Oosterdam sailing out of Barcelona 2 days later &, I could use points to get there 👍. So, I’ll fly from AMS to BCN on the 28th and hop on the Oosterdam on the 30th.  I will truly be solo on that one not “knowing” anyone (yet).

I was really worried about my dahlias.  They didn’t seem to be sprouting and I was afraid with everything that happened I had been cursed with a black thumb 😬 Looks like it was just not warm enough to suit them as they are now coming along 👍 Hopefully they will do well for Jose’s Celebration of Life later one 🤞 

2ACEB06F-2045-4CF3-8688-28F55A1D6658.thumb.jpeg.c9ae392bac402568e67ff92c11535065.jpeg

@Heartgroveyou are in my thoughts and prayers today for the funeral 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them & a 🥂 to those on the Celebration list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!!!

8786E1AD-A4C3-4AC1-8B0E-182320EDD1F1.thumb.jpeg.30a63d576391b3ea42a354367685c53c.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, everyone.

It is shaping up to be another hot day here in northeast Ohio.  I need to get out and do my laps around the block early, so this will be quick.  

Unfortunately, the pain in my side is back.  The last couple of nights I have been woken up by the pain.  Same routine of turning over on my side gets rid of it temporarily.  I have an appointment with my PCP on Tuesday so we can brainstorm where to turn next.  It feels lower like it is coming from my hip, but if it was the hip, wouldn't it hurt when I was doing laps or in the pool?   

Today's meal sounds good.  I'd wilt some fresh spinach for it as today is my day with fresh veggies.  I'd also make a cauliflower crust to help cut the carbs.   You can also add some of your favorite toppings.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-florentine-pizza/1727924756_chickenflorentinepizza1.jpg.595d546ee5b69e838155426feb46dc6a.jpg

Want to go easy?  Use a rotisserie chicken.   I like the mushrooms and caramelized onions on this one.  https://lifeloveandgoodfood.com/chicken-florentine-pizza/

1891423698_chickenflorentinepizza2.thumb.jpg.9a03f810b26a961013a3177a138b2d73.jpg

This one has a little heat with jalapenos added in.  https://www.browniebites.net/homemade-chicken-florentine-pizza/

1328436200_chickenflorentinepizza3.jpg.af93a03cace8fcb1ab9a64e32314d4af.jpg

And we have one with a whole wheat crust and a parmesan garlic sauce.  Can't get enough garlic.  https://southernboydishes.com/2014/01/17/chicken-florentine-pizza/

1399447018_chickenflorentinepizza4.thumb.jpg.70618018271adfa6ee0240d453c33c09.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, the victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members who are struggling with challenges.   Special thoughts for @Heartgrove as he lays his sister to rest today.   Cheers for all who are celebrating.   Wishing everyone a great day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Running low on fresh veggies here, but will make a salad with what I have tonight. I love waterfalls. Nursing Assistants do an important job and are sometimes the kindest people you see in a hospital.

I like the quote. The meal sounds good.

It is 75 and beautiful here this morning.

Our bonus family, (Landan, Sarah, Oliver who is 8 and Lucy who is 4), is coming to visit me this afternoon. They want to try Jimmy Hula's so they are picking me up around noon. We'll go to lunch and then come back to swim for a while. It will be a treat to spend some time with them and I get to try a new restaurant. 

Jack, @Heartgrove, thinking of you and your family as you lay your sister to rest today.

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, how are you and DH feeling? Hoping the food service issues have been worked out.

Well, once again, CC has decided not to allow me to tag anyone else.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday! 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A lovely morning here. My generator is scheduled for maintenance this morning, so after today I will be ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at me. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites. Today I tackle the kitchen 😱. Then one last search through the house and sorting into boxes that hopefully make the organization’s sorting a bit easier. 

In honor of International Waterfall Day…. Dettifoss in all its glory! Sound on…

Not sure about where you live, but there are mornings I believe the local birds are having a singing competition. 

D4B4FE3A-9857-44C6-BADD-34B4EB3DC8BE.jpeg.ee745f8433e411c46548df9390752300.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Heartgrove Jack, praying that you, Sue and all the family find peace and comfort in your memories. @StLouisCruisers Sandi prayers for Buddy, Jen, and you & DH. May all of your health improve. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Pacific Rim 2020 Sweet Riesling

This sweet wine has very good ratings and a price that could make it a House wine - if sweet wines are your thing. Numerous online and local distributors with prices starting at $8.45.

Winemaker Notes

Pale gold in color. Aromas of honey, pear and orange blossom. Sweet on the palate, bright acidity with pineapple and white peach.

Ideal with fiery fare – especially Thai, Szechwan, Mexican, Middle Eastern and Caribbean cuisine.

Critical Acclaim

WE89
Wine Enthusiast

The aromas are bright, with notes of freshly cut apple and white peach. Sweet but well-balanced fruit flavors follow, with Nestea Lemon Iced Tea notes on the finish.  Best Buys

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone. It is another rainy day with a thunderstorm expected soon. I love veggies and waterfalls,even small ones are fascinating. We have not been to the port and look forward to pictures.

@dfish,Debbie, I am so sorry to learn your pain is back. It has to be so frustrating.I hope the  MD visit helps. By the way, the recipes look wonderful and I await the executive Chef’s decision. Thank you again.@Heartgrove, Jack, prayers for you and your family today.

@kazu, Jacqui, I am enjoying  seeing pictures of your beautiful garden. Thanks.

I celebrated the return of my cooking facilities by making chili and a bean and pasta soup yesterday. It was so nice to do something normal again.

terry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all!  We are surviving barely. DH and I took an overnight cold and flu medication since I was a little stuffy and his symptoms have come on strong now. It’s like a cold is the reality. He slept and I barely slept. Trying to get the covering comfortable and those MUTS blankets are too small to properly cover you. 

I feel pretty good today. Not a lot of coughing and not stuffy anymore. Just need more sleep. 

If the food and beverage department knew what they were doing all would be well. Call us, send a printed menu or any other method. Just stick with the program people!  I’m ready to stop eating altogether just to not have to deal with them. 

Today the tender people woke us up at 6:30 am to drop the tender outside our window. Yesterday they spent the entire day marching back and forth out there and using very loud hydraulic power tools to repair the davits. At least we had a misty view of the shore today. Then Carnival Pride sailed in and stopped across the way blocking half the view. Sure didn’t take long to rain on our parade. I wish I could post photos here from my IPhone but I haven’t worked that out yet. 

Buddy had spinal surgery yesterday although he at first refused. It took all the docs in the department to convince him. If he didn’t do it they would have to talk hospice and he would be paralyzed. They’re really just buying him time. It’s a real mess in there twin said. Who would have ever thought this young man would end up here?  My problems are small compared to his. 😢

So sorry to have so much negativity today. Thinking of all our Dailyites who need our prayers and special thoughts for Jack as he lays his sister to rest. 🙏🏻

• Like 19
  • Thanks 20

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning to all!  We are surviving barely. DH and I took an overnight cold and flu medication since I was a little stuffy and his symptoms have come on strong now. It’s like a cold is the reality. He slept and I barely slept. Trying to get the covering comfortable and those MUTS blankets are too small to properly cover you. 

I feel pretty good today. Not a lot of coughing and not stuffy anymore. Just need more sleep. 

If the food and beverage department knew what they were doing all would be well. Call us, send a printed menu or any other method. Just stick with the program people!  I’m ready to stop eating altogether just to not have to deal with them. 

Today the tender people woke us up at 6:30 am to drop the tender outside our window. Yesterday they spent the entire day marching back and forth out there and using very loud hydraulic power tools to repair the davits. At least we had a misty view of the shore today. Then Carnival Pride sailed in and stopped across the way blocking half the view. Sure didn’t take long to rain on our parade. I wish I could post photos here from my IPhone but I haven’t worked that out yet. 

Buddy had spinal surgery yesterday although he at first refused. It took all the docs in the department to convince him. If he didn’t do it they would have to talk hospice and he would be paralyzed. They’re really just buying him time. It’s a real mess in there twin said. Who would have ever thought this young man would end up here?  My problems are small compared to his. 😢

So sorry to have so much negativity today. Thinking of all our Dailyites who need our prayers and special thoughts for Jack as he lays his sister to rest. 🙏🏻

Glad you are feeling better today!  I hope your hubby rebounds quickly as well. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@dfishDebbie, if you only feel the pain when you are putting pressure on that side, not walking or in the pool - that might give some clues to your PCP. Would the tests you have undergone show nerve issues? Sometimes a pinched nerve only shows up in certain positions. 

Ok, I will leave it to you and your expert medical team. But I will pray that they find the solution and get rid of it once & for all. 

@StLouisCruisers just saw your post about Buddy, praying that this surgery helps. And is it possible to change your room to one that allows you to rest? I would think the cruise line wants to help you recover. And lack of sleep is not conducive to a quick recovery. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 30

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I wish I could post photos here from my IPhone but I haven’t worked that out yet. 

On your iPhone click on add files next to the paper clip. All your pictures will show. Select and add from there. Sometimes I add pictures one at a time and sometimes several at a time. I’m sure you can figure it out. 

Such sad news about Buddy. I can’t imagine his pain and what he has gone through. Prayers for him. 🙏

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Hello to all Dailyites from the Oosterdam, currently docked in Piraeus, Greece.

Today is June 16th, and it is celebrated (mostly in Dublin) as Bloomsday.  It is the day that Leopold Bloom wandered Dublin in Ulysses, by James Joyce.   

So, from Ulysses here is today's menu:

Breakfast:  Pork kidneys, slightly burnt. (mutton kidneys would have been preferable but they were in short supply).

Lunch: Gorgonzola sandwich (with mustard)  and a glass of burgundy (N.B. this wine is not covered by Signature Beverage Pack.)

Dinner: Fried Cod's Roes.

Makes tonight's Lido dinner seem like a 2 star Michelin restaurant.

• Like 23
  • Haha 12

Good morning Dailyites!  My computer usually gives me the temperature outside, today it just has danger signs, pollen high, heat wave, dangerous heat, etc.. oh and "humid" just flashed up. Yippee!

Local news just stated that Georgia has gone up 25% in cases in the last two weeks.  I see so few wearing masks.  And way tooo many people everywhere, totally ignoring personal space, like 6 feet.

DH is going to take me out for breakfast, we still need to get a mail box, and we need to get chores done before those temps get up into the upper 90's.

the-funny-animals-206.jpg

I love waterfalls, when I was younger I bought a book of Waterfalls in Georgia, and hiked to most of them.  In our Qi Gong class the meditation is based on standing under the water of a gentle water fall.  

I thought that Rich had really stumped me with the days, how could I possible find a cat with vegetables?

a-vegan-said-to-methat-people-who-sell-meat-are-66674955.png

Have a great day!  Keep cool, drink water, wear your mask, and for those who are going through trying times, the quote by  Sparks is true.

Love to you all.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 22
  • Haha 11

Good morning. Thanks @kazufor your beautiful garden photos.  Yesterday with all the rain and wind my hummingbird feeder iron post fell over.  Didn't hurt my flowers but boy were they confused. 

@dfish I sure hope you can find out where your pain is coming from. 

Our storm in the morning yesterday was the worst.  We had done a lot of preparation for the supposedly big one was unnecessary. Some rain and lightning.  Glad we missed the big one.  Big storms can blow down trees and block our logging road.  Lots of chain saw work with terrible mosquitoes. It is going to blow today so that makes outdoor work better with the mosquitoes blown away.

Sandy I hope you and your husband feel better soon. 

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and the 2 American volunteers missing in Ukraine.   🙏🇺🇦

IMG_20220616_064850652.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3