Oasis UDP Cost?

14 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Just curious, what's the going rate for UDP on a 7 night Oasis cruise? I'm seeing $219 pp on our upcoming cruise, wondering if that's decent or should I just wait. We have lots of time before this cruise. 

That is $31 a night, a little on the high side.  But, post pandemic prices seem to do nothing but go up.  Book now and if a sale appears you can cancel and rebook. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like that's a pretty standard price in the last 2 months. Every-other "sale" they sometimes go down to $207.99, so I'd hold out for that (not because it saves you anything worthwhile, but because it's highly likely you'll see that price within the next week or two and you may as well wait for that).

Some people have mentioned seeing prices around $259.99, and others have mentioned $189.99, but the $189.99 price seems to be something of the past that we may not see again, at least until Black Friday (and I'll be on my cruise on Black Friday so I went ahead and bought it at $207.99).

• Thanks 1

Cost is $252/pp on our 7 night Radiance cruise out of NOLA in December. And there's only 4 specialty restaurants (Chops, Izumi, Samba Grill and Giovanni's) onboard. Plus a $49.99 surcharge for Chef's Table. Think we'll pass. Considering the 3 Night Dining package for $110/pp. Same surcharges apply

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Cost is $252/pp on our 7 night Radiance cruise out of NOLA in December. And there's only 4 specialty restaurants (Chops, Izumi, Samba Grill and Giovanni's) onboard. Plus a $49.99 surcharge for Chef's Table. Think we'll pass. Considering the 3 Night Dining package for $110/pp. Same surcharges apply

izumi usually has a $10 surcharge. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

izumi usually has a $10 surcharge. 

Radiance doesn't have Izumi Hibachi, unfortunately. Although Radiance does have more restaurants than the rest of the Radiance class. The 3 nights might be more reasonable. That's what we plan to do on Serenade.  

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Radiance doesn't have Izumi Hibachi, unfortunately. Although Radiance does have more restaurants than the rest of the Radiance class. The 3 nights might be more reasonable. That's what we plan to do on Serenade.  

So the $10 extra is only if Hitachi?  I just order rhe sushi or tempura anyway. 

I wonder if I can do the bogo diamond plus then on radiance. On grandeur it was excluded. I guess I'll see in January if its allowed. 

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So the $10 extra is only if Hitachi?  I just order rhe sushi or tempura anyway. 

I wonder if I can do the bogo diamond plus then on radiance. On grandeur it was excluded. I guess I'll see in January if its allowed. 

Yes. the $10 upcharge is for the hibachi only. Or Teppanyaki, or whatever it is called. 

You should be able to use the BOGO on Radiance. Pay for maybe Izumi and then use your free meal at one of the other, more expensive places. 

• Like 1

I am on the Explorer in August and usually book the UDP.  In April it was $192pp, on 06/15/2022 it went up to $280 and today it was $296pp.  I decided to skip it this time and just do the main dining room seatings.  I wish I could tell you why I didn't book it in April but I've no reason 😔😬

• Thanks 1

I used to see $189/$199 on these.  I got $207.99 on my most recent booking thinking I'd see be able to cancel/rebook at a lower rate but it's only gone up.  The $208/$219 may be the new normal.

As always, waiting is not necessary unless you're 100% sure that you're absolutely not willing to pay the current price.  You can always cancel & rebook if it goes down, but can't get it back if it goes up.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

I used to see $189/$199 on these.  I got $207.99 on my most recent booking thinking I'd see be able to cancel/rebook at a lower rate but it's only gone up.  The $208/$219 may be the new normal.

As always, waiting is not necessary unless you're 100% sure that you're absolutely not willing to pay the current price.  You can always cancel & rebook if it goes down, but can't get it back if it goes up.

That's the pattern I've been seeing with my Symphony cruise too. I bought it at $207.99. It's back too $219.99 right now, but will probably be $207.99 for the 4th of July "sale."

6 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I am on the Explorer in August and usually book the UDP.  In April it was $192pp, on 06/15/2022 it went up to $280 and today it was $296pp.  I decided to skip it this time and just do the main dining room seatings.  I wish I could tell you why I didn't book it in April but I've no reason 😔😬

I'm surprised to see higher prices on the ships with less restaurant options. I wonder what the reason behind this is. Maybe they're trying to keep the number of people who have the UDP lower because there's fewer restaurants to spread them around in 🤔.

8 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'm surprised to see higher prices on the ships with less restaurant options. I wonder what the reason behind this is. Maybe they're trying to keep the number of people who have the UDP lower because there's fewer restaurants to spread them around in 🤔.

Personally, I still think they're trying to make up lost revenue from the pandemic.  I've done a number of cruises since the start up (7 in total) and I've yet to see the speciality restaurants super busy to not want or need to have more guests.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MommaBear55 said:

I've never had a surcharge in Izumi and we've been on 6 cruises with the UDP since Covid

I was talking about the ones with Hitachi or however it's spelled. Not the sushi part. Just wasnt spelling it all the way out.

• Like 1

Our Oasis September 22 cruise is $229pp currently. This past winter it was $160pp. I don’t think it’ll go back down that much before the cruise. All CP prices have skyrocketed and haven’t gone back down since. They go up and down by about $10 depending on the current “sale”.

• Thanks 1

IDK what Royal is thinking... the UDP on our 9 day is $324/pp (occasionally on "sale" for $306)... and this is for Jewel (only Chops, Izumi, and Giovanni's). Um, no thanks! Maybe at $200/pp... Or maybe we'll cancel and do a land-based vacation. Or just save our $$ and go on a more unusual trip later.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was talking about the ones with Hitachi or however it's spelled. Not the sushi part. Just wasnt spelling it all the way out.

It's really not difficult to spell.

Hibachi

Hibachi

Hibachi

Hibachi

Hibachi

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It's really not difficult to spell.

Hibachi

Hibachi

Hibachi

Hibachi

Hibachi

I was always a terrible speller and great at math. Given a choice I'll take math as it's done more for me. Those tests where they give you 4 spellings of a word, after looking at them they all start to look wrong. But if there was no spelling on the tests I score genius. Good thing I can make you feel good by correcting my spelling. I freely admit I cant spell and never could. Doesnt bother me. But ,inda fun it bothers you. You arent going to fix me being able to spell ..  but keep trying.

Amazingly enough I did well in other english courses. I have a teaching degree in English (and music) hahahahaha. Just goes to show you. I changed to business and never taught. I picture you like my latin teacher who used to stand at the top of the stairs to spot gum chewers.  

On 6/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, killsport said:

IDK what Royal is thinking... the UDP on our 9 day is $324/pp (occasionally on "sale" for $306)... and this is for Jewel (only Chops, Izumi, and Giovanni's). Um, no thanks! Maybe at $200/pp... Or maybe we'll cancel and do a land-based vacation. Or just save our $$ and go on a more unusual trip later.

Whoa! 9 days with 3 restaurants is $324, and on Anthem 12 days (8 of them sea days) with 4 restaurants is only $255.  Either RCL really sucs at math or there's something about the Jewel that makes theirs more special.