California Residents Exclusive Fares

Therese S.

So Princess is running special California resident fares that includes $150 OBC.  We have FCC we must use by 12/31/2022 from a cancelled February cruise using the Cruise with Confidence program, so these fares really caught my eye.

When I check the fares for the October 8 Hawaii cruise on the Ruby it shows cheapest inside cabin is $998 with $150 OBC, but when I log onto my princess account the cheapest inside cabin drops to $959 with only $50 OBC!  I always thought you got better rates once you logged onto your account. I would much prefer to pay an additional $39 dollars to get the $150 OBC. 

Just guessing here, but is it possible the princess website is taking into account that it knows I have FCC that I must use and cant combine a credit with the low fares and higher OBC?

7 hours ago, Therese S. said:

So Princess is running special California resident fares that includes $150 OBC.  We have FCC we must use by 12/31/2022 from a cancelled February cruise using the Cruise with Confidence program, so these fares really caught my eye.

When I check the fares for the October 8 Hawaii cruise on the Ruby it shows cheapest inside cabin is $998 with $150 OBC, but when I log onto my princess account the cheapest inside cabin drops to $959 with only $50 OBC!  I always thought you got better rates once you logged onto your account. I would much prefer to pay an additional $39 dollars to get the $150 OBC. 

Just guessing here, but is it possible the princess website is taking into account that it knows I have FCC that I must use and cant combine a credit with the low fares and higher OBC?

They must have heard you.  I just tried it, both not signed in, and signed in.  I received a couple of different errors, mostly "current pricing not available".

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

They must have heard you.  I just tried it, both not signed in, and signed in.  I received a couple of different errors, mostly "current pricing not available".

A lot of the CA resident fare bookings seem to be down... I'm holding a room on the Discovery right now, but when I go to try and make a new booking, all the fares are unavailable. Maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow...?

2 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

That's what I see when I click the link from the email.

There's a thread about people suddenly seeing amazing price drops - $3,000 in one case. Now cruises I've been following suddenly are unavailable. I'm guessing someone screwed up big time and Princess is rechecking their advertised fares.

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess needs a new IT department.  Hire @Thrak and have him hire his dream team.

lots of so-called IT "experts" on CC - so he should have his pick - and I'll give the crew a week to straighten every single thing out before I start 'b&%$ing about how nothing has changed and anytime dining is turrible...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I got an email this morning about a new promotion about California residents, so they might be updating the Calif sailings

I received it yesterday and then the booking tools went down shortly after and haven’t come back yet. I suspect there’s going to be a redeployment or schedule changes, if it’s been this long.

9 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Just booked a September cruise which shows as not available on the consumer website.  CVP booked with no issues.  
Check in on the App completed in about 5 minutes with zero issues.

Yup - Polar is working just fine. It's an issue with the consumer site...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yup - Polar is working just fine. It's an issue with the consumer site...

What is Polar?  Is this some sort of Princess website that travel agents use to book cruises?  

14 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

What is Polar?  Is this some sort of Princess website that travel agents use to book cruises?  

Polar is the back-end Princess booking site - used by TAs, Princess reps, etc.

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Polar is the back-end Princess booking site - used by TAs, Princess reps, etc.

Oh so that means my TA can book the cruise Im interested in today even though I can’t see pricing?  Yippee I was disappointed everything went down when I was so close, had just picked out cabin and ready to call and book.  

21 hours ago, Therese S. said:

It looks as if there are two resident promo codes - as you pointed out, the one is a slightly lower price but with less OBC. The promo you want applied (your TA can do this in Polar) is RLD as this one applies the higher OBC. The FCC should not affect offers, etc...

21 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It looks as if there are two resident promo codes - as you pointed out, the one is a slightly lower price but with less OBC. The promo you want applied (your TA can do this in Polar) is RLD as this one applies the higher OBC. The FCC should not affect offers, etc...

Thank you so much, this is why I love cruise critic and all the shared information. 

Edited by Therese S.

1 minute ago, milolii said:

My cruise consultant is researching.  She knows about the promotion, but can’t see the fares.  She states several of her peers are asking the same questions.  

Is this a Princess rep or independent TA? In Polar (booking system) the resident fares are only showing if you type in a Calfornia airport (eg LAX) or if the patron's captain circle number is entered prior to searching...If I look it up using YVR there are no resident fares showing. Same cruise using LAX populates resident fares. 

She is a Princess rep and yes both her and her supervisor typed in my Captain Circle number.  I should say she is a vacation planner.  I have been working with her for a few years . 

Edited by milolii

11 minutes ago, milolii said:

She is a Princess rep and yes both her and her supervisor typed in my Captain Circle number.  I should say she is a vacation planner.  I have been working with her for a few years . 

Weird - I'm seeing the resident rates without an issue in Polar (unless this is for a sailing they aren't applicable for...I've come across one or two of those). Good luck!