Complimentary drinks

Migueldentis

1 minute ago, Medeba said:

My husband is a real ale man so he's definitely not pleased.  Luckily he also likes G&Ts 😂

I’ve always been pleased that they have Gordon’s gin on the included list. I’m also pleased to drink the Hendricks from the Ultimate list when we spring for that, too!

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 9:01 AM, Medeba said:

My husband is a real ale man so he's definitely not pleased.  Luckily he also likes G&Ts 😂

I'm quite partial to a dark beer or two myself, in fact the darker the better, especially the one that is brewed in Dublin.
I could never warm to Newcastle Brown, its far too sweet for my taste buds, so when we were on onboard Onward let month in sweltering temperature an ice cold Carlsberg was quite palatable.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, norn iron said:

Yes, Strongbow is the only cider available, its described as a 'hard' cider.

They've obviously never heard of Magners 🙈

Around these parts I’m not sure Strongbow even counts as cider 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

When I was a lad I always thought that Cider was made from apples but nowadays they seem to make cider from all sorts of fruits, exotic and otherwise. Anyway I suppose I should be happy that Azamara stock cider even if its not Magners!!!🍺

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Another thing to remember if you happen to have the Premium package (it came with our cruise), you can upgrade to ultimate for only $7 a day, which is a fantastic deal 

I’m thinking of buying the Essentials package which includes the premium beverage package, can I upgrade to the Ultimate Beverage package for the $7 per day?

On 7/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

According to ‘Webstaurantstore.com’, hard cider is alcoholic and apple cider is apple juice in the US.

We have 3 categories in America:  'apple juice' is non-alcoholic and filtered (so clear); 'apple cider' is non-alcoholic and unfiltered (so cloudy); 'hard cider' is alcoholic.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

They should be able to make most drinks using the complimentary spirits, unless it uses one not included E.g. brandy.

If you want a drink that can’t be made using complimentary spirits, then you would pay the full price.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

27 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

They should be able to make most drinks using the complimentary spirits, unless it uses one not included E.g. brandy.

If you want a drink that can’t be made using complimentary spirits, then you would pay the full price.

One of the confusions on Quest is unlike in April there’s a new policy. No drink menus on tables and bar staff don’t have them in some bars. So new cruisers have no idea what they have included etc. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 8:51 AM, uktog said:

One of the confusions on Quest is unlike in April there’s a new policy. No drink menus on tables and bar staff don’t have them in some bars. So new cruisers have no idea what they have included etc. 

I’ve just been searching back through the threads to find copies of bar menus (trying to get prices of bottles of champagne as we’ll be celebrating an event onboard).  Looks like I’ll just have to ask when we embark on Saturday - especially if Journey applies the same policy of no drinks menus about. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 2:42 PM, BuckGood said:

I’m thinking of buying the Essentials package which includes the premium beverage package, can I upgrade to the Ultimate Beverage package for the $7 per day?

We were told No when we called to inquire. 

9 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I’ve just been searching back through the threads to find copies of bar menus (trying to get prices of bottles of champagne as we’ll be celebrating an event onboard).  Looks like I’ll just have to ask when we embark on Saturday - especially if Journey applies the same policy of no drinks menus about. 

Why not just bring a bottle of your favorite champagne on board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Why not just bring a bottle of your favorite champagne on board.

I’m probably going to do that. It’s just that I’m getting to an age where the less I have to haul around, the better. (We’re now bringing 2 cabin bags which I had no intention of doing, as well as our suitcases, due to the current airports luggage debacle 🙄). 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I’m probably going to do that. It’s just that I’m getting to an age where the less I have to haul around, the better. (We’re now bringing 2 cabin bags which I had no intention of doing, as well as our suitcases, due to the current airports luggage debacle 🙄). 

As an aside, we decided to ship a suitcase to Dublin so that we’d have something to wear in case of luggage problems at the airport. It was pretty easy, straightforward and not too expensive, only £50 for shipping a 20kg suitcase, including insurance and a “Brexit supplement”. They did warn me that the Irish Customs officials could charge me duty, but they rarely do. Well, they did for us. I got to pay €48 duty for a beat-up 25-year-old suitcase and a selection of used clothing. But as someone pointed out, that’s still cheaper than buying a new wardrobe in Iceland! And I have heard from the hotel and the shipper that the suitcase arrived. 

• Like 2