email address for help needed

hi everyone,

This is serious so RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com is not the best way to contact RCI ( for me )

In the middle of covid March 2021 my TA left the company and did not handle over her clients to someone else.

As everyone else we had cruises booked which were cancelled cruises some were lifted and shifted and  some cruises waiting for FCC or refund

after 3 years (these are bookings of  2019/2020 ) our problems have not been resolved. ( the amount was about 5000+ usd )

The person who took over my TA her job has tried to search a light in the middle of all these refunds and outstanding FCC but at this point he

is giving up, i am an accountant and kept all paperwork so I know exactly which amount we need as a refund which amount we need as a FCC ....

some cruises are coming up now and they ask me money and we have proove that they are all paid worse they are overpaid because they became cheaper

I write an email to my TA every month I have been calling him and I am sure he is tired of me but it really needs to be solved

I tried to contact RCI by phone but they refuse to speak with me because i have a TA

I tried to tell my story ( with the detailed explanation ) to the C&A ambassador but they only tell us how sorry they feel for us and direct me to ....guest relations

We have been loyal to Royal and we still are but this really needs to be solved because we keep on booking and paying for all our new bookings

without using the outstanding money.

so shortly, sorry about the long explanation, is there anyone who can give me an email address who i can send my request to handle for once and for all

our problems.

TY

Not sure whether this would work considering you are in Europe, but the president of RCL is Michael Bayley, and his direct email is mbayley@rccl.com.

Lay out as cogently as you can what the issues are and his office may be able to cut through the fog and get a handle on what is happening to you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fvandewouwer said:

I tried to contact RCI by phone but they refuse to speak with me because i have a TA

Your TA should be able to arrange a conference call with themselves, RCI and you to get this resolved 

• Like 3

Thank you all for your time to write me your suggestions. I am from Belgium but book my cruises in the US 

I will create a short and polite email  to Mister Michael Bayley and hope he can help

us through this.

I will keep you informed.

have a wonderful day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

Not sure whether this would work considering you are in Europe, but the president of RCL is Michael Bayley, and his direct email is mbayley@rccl.com.

Lay out as cogently as you can what the issues are and his office may be able to cut through the fog and get a handle on what is happening to you.

You do understand that the public facing email addresses for execs are routed to an off-shore call center where sub-minimum wage call center personnel use pre-approved canned responses to reply. The execs have no desire to look at thousands of complaints a day. Kinda like emailing the president of the united states, he would never see anything from the public. 

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You do understand that the public facing email addresses for execs are routed to an off-shore call center where sub-minimum wage call center personnel use pre-approved canned responses to reply. The execs have no desire to look at thousands of complaints a day. Kinda like emailing the president of the united states, he would never see anything from the public. 

You say that but after a huge issue with a Delta screw up this past Fall I sent the CEO of Delta an email. Ironically, that got things moving. I was told by several different people mention my email to him as to why so many people were involved now. I didn't even tell them I went around them. They knew. It can't hurt to try with RCCL. 

5 minutes ago, Beachdreams99 said:

You say that but after a huge issue with a Delta screw up this past Fall I sent the CEO of Delta an email. Ironically, that got things moving. I was told by several different people mention my email to him as to why so many people were involved now. I didn't even tell them I went around them. They knew. It can't hurt to try with RCCL. 

That person posts that standard answer every chance they get despite numerous people posting their own perdonal experiences to the contrary.

The only thing that is correct about it is  that the e mail does not go to Michael Bayley however it foes go to a group in yhe executive office who deals with the more serious complaints and is most certainly not handled by some offshore  call centre by people making minimum wage.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That person posts that standard answer every chance they get despite numerous people posting their own perdonal experiences to the contrary.

The only thing that is correct about it is  that the e mail does not go to Michael Bayley however it foes go to a group in yhe executive office who deals with the more serious complaints and is most certainly not handled by some offshore  call centre by people making minimum wage.

I agree! I emailed Mr. Bayley and got a email response from someone in the executive office the same day. They called me the next day. So they truly do respond and it is not a basic call center person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I'm genuinely interested as to why you always post this answer on these threads. I read your live threads and you seem like a reasonable person. Have you personally used this email and had a bad experience?

I've used it on a couple of occasions over the years when I've had a genuine problem and no one else (the 'UK' office in Guatemala) can help. Of course Michael Bayley doesn't personally reply but as already mentioned I've had a reply from someone in the executive office who has always been able to resolve the issue.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This isn’t true about them being an “off-shore call center where sub-minimum wage call center personnel use pre-approved canned responses to reply”. Maybe it isn’t Bayley himself, but it does get to people who can deal with the issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kernow said:

I'm genuinely interested as to why you always post this answer on these threads. I read your live threads and you seem like a reasonable person….

Maybe he works in that office and doesn’t want anymore complaints! 😆

• Haha 5

I'm surprised that your new TA isn't assisting you much more.  You pull up the booking and you rearrange things as needed; end of story.   I had an issues recently which was not being resolved correctly and my TA said, and I quote, "I love a good fight". We finally got what was entitled to me.   I'd be hounding the TA to get things done.  Go there in person if you can.  I anxiously await your results and findings. 🤞

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not true at all. The last time I needed to use this email to resolve a problem, I had a very active series of email exchanges with one of Mr. Bayley's executive assistants that resolved the problem. While Mr. Bayley may not see the emails himself, they are routed directly to someone on his staff who has the ability to make decisions on his behalf. No different than when I was in the C-suite. I had a team just outside of my office who were responsible for exactly the same kinds of issue resolution.

BTW, the first contact I had after sending the email was a phone call from Mr. Bayley's executive assistant, and after a brief discussion about the problem, she followed up via email with the steps that were being taken to resolve the issue. 

We even traded emails post cruise, and she thought enough about our experience that in one email she even wished me a happy birthday.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm surprised that your new TA isn't assisting you much more.  You pull up the booking and you rearrange things as needed; end of story.   I had an issues recently which was not being resolved correctly and my TA said, and I quote, "I love a good fight". We finally got what was entitled to me.   I'd be hounding the TA to get things done.  Go there in person if you can.  I anxiously await your results and findings. 🤞

oh I wished i could go in person but me living in Belgium and my TA being from Florida ....😄

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not Necessarily.  I used that email address in February and within 12 hours received a call from an executive assistant in Miami. With a few strokes of the keyboard he resolved my issue, that I have been battling for months.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I did send a mail yesterday and hope to get a response soon.

My case is compliated I tried to explain as good as I could and added all paperwork I have kept

over the past 3 years. I hope I did not scare anyone with all these files.

Have an amazing weekend

F.

19 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

Hi everyone, I did send a mail yesterday and hope to get a response soon.

My case is compliated I tried to explain as good as I could and added all paperwork I have kept

over the past 3 years. I hope I did not scare anyone with all these files.

Have an amazing weekend

F.

I wish you the best of luck in resolving these long-standing issues!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the opportunity to thank “Merrie”  from Royal Caribbean /  Club Royale for her services her hard work,  for her time listening to me, for her phone calls and  for solving our problems and issues, problems which existed for such a long time.

We are Frieda and Erwin from Belgium and we work with an independent TA from Florida for many years to book our cruises. During corona mid 2020 our TA left the company and all my files, bookings, outstanding FCC, lift /shift and many more which was going on were given to someone else without explaining it to him. He tried to track down every booking, he had tons of phone calls with RCI/Club Royale, he did send so many emails but he was unable to get this sorted out.

I stepped in because a cruise was going to be cancelled in case we did not pay an outstanding amount and my files showed a full payment on this cruise.

Last week I received a phone call from Merrie, she promised to solve all of our issues and that no cruise was going to be cancelled.

Yesterday was a great day because everything and believe me, it really was a lot to deal with, everything got solved, every booking we had was checked every FCC was cleared, every OBC was confirmed and up till this minute I still cannot believe that what was going on for such a very long time she checked corrected and solved in only one week !

Merrie, it is because of people like you that a company as RCI / Celebrity has that great reputation of  delivering the best services to their customers.

It is because of people like you who are devoted to their job that people like me choose for RCI for their next vacation.

I wished I could do something in return, I wished I could send you flowers or Belgian Chocolate but as a loyal and trustworthy person you said it was not permitted to give your coordinates to me so there is only one way to show my gratitude and that is through this letter. This letter I will send to every email address I find to every possible social media I can reach out,  and I do hope that this letter will be delivered to you and whoever is in charge of your department as they need to know what a great co-worker you are.

Thank you Merrie, amazing customer service is what you have given me, and I will never forget what you have done for us.

Frieda and Erwin

Belgium

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old post but I've been having problems trying to get a full refund for three rooms that were cancelled due to the cruise requirements for a vaccine being changed two months prior to sailing.  I had called multiple times but still couldn't get the issue resolved.  I was missing a significant portion of the refund and all the phone workers could tell me was that all refunds had been issued.   I used the email address from this post (mbayley@rccl.com) and explained my issue along with documentation. I received a response the same day saying that the issue was corrected and I would see the remaining refunds within the next week.  I can't tell you what a relief it was to receive that reply.  I sent the email not expecting a response since this thread is from last year but was pleasantly surprised.  Thank you orville99 for the post!

• Like 1