Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

18 minutes ago, springtravel said:

Do you think it might be the Neptune is over the holidays and a much busier time?  Never been on a WC, but this offer does look enticing.

They both are over the holidays.  One leaves three or four days before the other. 

• Like 1

Chat transcript with a Viking rep regarding WCS23:

You at 12:09, Feb 28:
Hi Aundrea, question on the world cruise promo WCS23

Aundrea at 12:10, Feb 28:
I would be happy to assit.

Aundrea at 12:10, Feb 28:
Who do I have the pleasure of chatting with?

You at 12:10, Feb 28:
does it include the normal included items of world cruise, such as SSBP, gratuities, luggage forward and visa services?

You at 12:10, Feb 28:
this is xxx

Aundrea at 12:11, Feb 28:
Nice to meet you xxx. Allow me a quick moment and let me confirm that information.

You at 12:11, Feb 28:
sure thing

Aundrea at 12:13, Feb 28:
Yes, the code includes all of those items

You at 12:13, Feb 28:
ok. wonderful. thank you!

So according to at least 1 Viking rep, all the standard included perks of a world cruise are included with this promo.

Edited by Selion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got this one today - basically adds free SSBP as free air is available without the code:

Grand European Tour

15 DAYS | AMSTERDAM TO BUDAPEST

All-inclusive from $3,799*

Plus, FREE International Airfare &
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package

ASK FOR OFFER: SGM23

ENDS MAR 31, 2023
Jul–Nov 2023 Departures

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/030223_vrc/map.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

Got this one today - basically adds free SSBP as free air is available without the code:

Grand European Tour

15 DAYS | AMSTERDAM TO BUDAPEST

All-inclusive from $3,799*

Plus, FREE International Airfare &
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package

ASK FOR OFFER: SGM23

ENDS MAR 31, 2023
Jul–Nov 2023 Departures

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/030223_vrc/map.png

Isn’t that a reduced price too?

10 hours ago, Squawkman said:

Yes - I missed that when I originally posted this 

We got that and booked it yesterday.  The price is too good.  I suspect there will be ship swaps and low water, but that just means less people on the ship for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rcaruso said:

We got that and booked it yesterday. 

Was there a $25 deposit?  This looks like a great deal, but we leave for our first Viking Ocean April 2.  I would rather see how this one goes, before booking another.

44 minutes ago, springtravel said:

Was there a $25 deposit?  This looks like a great deal, but we leave for our first Viking Ocean April 2.  I would rather see how this one goes, before booking another.

No, the regular $500 per person and then balance due in April.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springtravel said:

Viking River is a whole different animal than Viking Ocean. We like and do both.

• Like 1

Grand European is a fantastic itinerary. We sailed it 10 years ago - holy moly! Ha!  Anyways, we met life long friends, had the best time in ports.  We travelled in Spring. Low water levels were not an issue. So much beautiful scenery and great places to explore. 
DH and I were just discussing whether we might want to do this one again, maybe Holland/tulips…or Oceans…..but Spring is our favorite time, or we might jump on this one. 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:59 PM, UWDawg said:

A bit more detail on updated Offer TAS23:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/TAS23/20230123

Offer TAS23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Feb 10 to Feb 17, 2023. Free upgrade within category, Veranda to Deluxe Veranda (V2-DV1) and Penthouse Veranda (PV3-PV1) plus free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on

• Mar 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage;
  • Mar 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain;
  • Mar 2 & 21, 2023 departures of Komodo & the Australian Coast;
  • Apr 29, 2023 departure of North Pacific Passage;
  • Mar 13, 2023 departure of Southern Atlantic Crossing;
  • Apr 18, 2023 departure of Across the Bay of Bengal.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Feb 17, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Feb 17, 2023

TAS23 extended to March 13. Some sailings from Feb 10 are not included anymore.  See link for details.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/TAS23/20230123

27 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Just got an email for 2025 River Cruises opening up. 
70B60CB3-01D3-4835-8785-EE8AD7E39218.thumb.jpeg.355790ae616269e3d437acaa63f3306e.jpeg

That offer results in a $500/pp discount (plus $200 past passenger discount that would apply to any new Viking booking).  How does that compare to the "book on board" discount?  We're sailing with VO in May and trying to decide if we should book this offer or wait until on board.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:52 AM, Vineyard View said:

Grand European is a fantastic itinerary

We are thinking about booking this special.  If Viking is providing air, what is the price pp for deviation, and the price of AirPlus.  I am guessing we will need both, since we would want to arrive a least one day prior.  If we purchase the pre-cruise extension, so we still pay a deviation charge?

43 minutes ago, loriva said:

That offer results in a $500/pp discount (plus $200 past passenger discount that would apply to any new Viking booking).  How does that compare to the "book on board" discount?  We're sailing with VO in May and trying to decide if we should book this offer or wait until on board.

Looking at another post, it looks like $500 is a standard book onboard discount.  Plus we'd receive some additional OBC for our upcoming VO cruise plus for the new one.  So, looks like waiting until we are onboard is the better deal.

I have a question for all. We will be on transatlantic soon and considering reserving Hawaiian cruise in December onboard. With all the promotions that Viking gives should I wait until closer to departure to get a better promo. The cruise we’re on was with free air and upgrade promo, now of course SS beverage is included.  We do get a nice Sbc from our TA.  We’re retired and can go last minute.  I’m not particular about cabin or location. Last time I booked last minute in a V1 guarantee I was upgraded to Dv6. Thx

22 hours ago, springtravel said:

We are thinking about booking this special.  If Viking is providing air, what is the price pp for deviation, and the price of AirPlus.  I am guessing we will need both, since we would want to arrive a least one day prior.  If we purchase the pre-cruise extension, so we still pay a deviation charge?

If you arrive the first day of the Viking pre-cruise extension, there is no deviation fee.  Done it several times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dd57 said:

If you arrive the first day of the Viking pre-cruise extension, there is no deviation fee.  Done it several times.

However, if you don't leave the cruise and fly home the day of disembarkation, you will owe the deviation fee using Viking Air.   The fee is the same even if you only deviate on one end.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:13 PM, ebtrip said:

I have a question for all. We will be on transatlantic soon and considering reserving Hawaiian cruise in December onboard. With all the promotions that Viking gives should I wait until closer to departure to get a better promo. The cruise we’re on was with free air and upgrade promo, now of course SS beverage is included.  We do get a nice Sbc from our TA.  We’re retired and can go last minute.  I’m not particular about cabin or location. Last time I booked last minute in a V1 guarantee I was upgraded to Dv6. Thx

Check out what the perks are for booking while on your TA. If you are a gambler , you could wait and hope for a special deal for your Hawaiian cruise next Fall to fill the ship that would match the price that you  would  get on  board booking,

We booked  while on board for an Alaska cruise for 2023, We t switched to Scenic Scandinavia June 2023. After we switched  last Summer , the price of cruise went down a couple hundred $ , and later they added Silver Spirit package this Fall. Viking does not give you the lower price . Now the cruise is sold out. Your choice.... Mr. Gambler. 🤩

We booked our own airfare.

But the Hawaiian cruise is airfare within USA same port of departure.