Any experence with halloween on RCI?

On 7/6/2022 at 5:43 AM, mpdog42 said:

Does RCI do anything special for Halloween? Do most people dress up? How about on the Bigger ships?

Thanks

I'm literally LMAO at this randomly odd query in JULY....thanks for the great laugh!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spsarrocco said:

This is actually the case for me.  I wouldn't say I'm not a Halloween person, but booked Harmony OTS for October 30th without really thinking about it, but now I'm pretty excited to see what it's like!

We booked it thinking that because it was Halloween there wouldn’t be a lot of kids. Wrong! Lots of younger kids on Anthem. So many that my husband got the Norovirus🤮

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We booked it thinking that because it was Halloween there wouldn’t be a lot of kids. Wrong! Lots of younger kids on Anthem. So many that my husband got the Norovirus🤮

They need to be a place called "School"....No kid could just take off a week of school to go on a trip..... at least not in my day!

Edited by mpdog42
C
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

They need to be a place called "School"....No kid could just take off a week of school to go on a trip..... at least not in my day!

Yeah and we sat on our parents’ laps in the front seat of cars that had no seatbelts.  Times change.  I took my kids out maybe 3-4 times during their school years.  Both managed to become (mostly) functioning adults.  Would I recommend doing it all the time? No.  But family time is also a learning tool.

23 hours ago, poocher said:

Clearly they drove to the port!

But......  it was a Transatlantic.  🙂
I'm trying to remember where they were from.  I know it was somewhere in the US and if they drove to Barcelona...  well I have some other questions for them.

• Thanks 1

We did a TA from Barcelona to Port Canaveral over Halloween in 2021 and I was amazed at all of the costumes.  I would guess that about 50% of folks dressed up in some fashion and we had a blast.  There are some mighty creative people out there!!!

• 3 weeks later...

When my kids were still in school their fall break fell on Halloween almost every year, so this was our preferred cruise week.  And yes, fall break is a thing now in a lot of schools where it wasn't when we were kids, but my kids started school in August where I always started after Labor Day.  So that's why you may find yourself asking "why are there so many kids on-board?" in October.

One year our cruise ended on Halloween, and they did not do any decoration or events for adults, but they did do a trick or treat for the kids in Adventure Ocean.  They were putting up the Halloween decorations as we were sitting on the Promenade waiting to get off the ship.

Although the kids always took their costumes, I never dressed up, but it was always fun to sit at the pub and watch the parade, mainly for the "how did they get THAT packed in a suitcase?" question.  Gives a different flavor to the cruise, but not so much where you would feel excluded if you are not in a costume  Also participation seems to get bigger and bigger every year.  We saw it grow from a couple dozen adults in costumes to a mini Comic-con on Oasis class ships. 

Some Cruise Directors do a better job than others.  We would go to the costume party in Studio B after the parade, and we would just sit in the seats and watch as sometimes they had the Cruise Director and staff doing the Thriller dance in costume.  

We were on Anthem in2019, had a costume parade, haunted house, lots of decorations.  Windjammer

had decorations and pumpkins carved and other fun stuff.  Lots of people dressed up.  Very enjoyable.