Any experence with halloween on RCI?

We did a TA back in 2015 on Allure that was over Halloween.  There was a costume parade / competition down the Promenade and voting on the best costume.  I don't remember much but there was one lady who brought a full victorian hoop dress.  It looked great but my second thought was "how in the heck did she pack that in her luggage"?  Seriously, the bottom hoop was about three feet in diameter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I dressed up as Alan, from "Hangover" one time on a cruise. Other passenger's really got a kick out of it. People were laughing like crazy and commented I had the best costume onboard.

Was neat popping out of the elevators wearing it.

Image 32 - The Hangover Alan Carlos Costume Kit

• Like 2

5 hours ago, poocher said:

How is it if you aren’t a Halloween person & didn’t notice when you booked ???!

This is actually the case for me.  I wouldn't say I'm not a Halloween person, but booked Harmony OTS for October 30th without really thinking about it, but now I'm pretty excited to see what it's like!

• Like 2

My cousin always books a Halloween cruise, and she and her husband go all-out with their costumes.  I was only on one Halloween cruise years ago, and we dressed in costumes.  A fun time all around!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rewind said:

It looked great but my second thought was "how in the heck did she pack that in her luggage"?  Seriously, the bottom hoop was about three feet in diameter.

Many hoops like that can be folded.  It looks like folding and twisting those collapsible sunshades for a car window if you are familiar with those. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Does RCI do anything special for Halloween? Do most people dress up? How about on the Bigger ships?

Thanks

All Carnival every year except one. Did a Royal. They had everyone crammed in the Atrium for the final win. Terrible. That was a few years ago Do not remember the ship. Carnival does it the best for sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I dressed up as Alan, from "Hangover" one time on a cruise. Other passenger's really got a kick out of it. People were laughing like crazy and commented I had the best costume onboard.

Was neat popping out of the elevators wearing it.

Image 32 - The Hangover Alan Carlos Costume Kit

Did you win?  If not you must not have impressed all that much.🤣

We dressed up on our TA on the Symphony.  Lots of people loved our costumes.  We didn’t do the Hook R walk, trying to get votes.  

It is a really fun costume party, and a highlight.  I highly recommend going on a Halloween cruise.  

JC<———— hates dressing up for this, but his DW likes it a lot, and I like her a lot, so I do it.

• Like 2

All depends on the cruise director. Some go all out with decorations, dances, haunted houses, costume parties, etc. Others have done the bare minimum and put up simple decorations.

• Like 2

We boarded GR on Halloween several years ago.  They were decorating but just in the Centrum and that night there was a party in the Centrum with a parade.  The next morning, decorations started coming down and were gone quickly.  So, unless you are on on the actual day, they don't do anything.  We didn't dress up but I'd say about 30% of people did.  We drive to Baltimore so I could have brought any costume I wanted to but we chose not to.  We watched from a couple of decks up.

Edited by BND

OMG Twangster!  Those pics are great!  Thanks so much for sharing!

Makes me smile and looking forward to TA Wonder for Halloween this year!  😄  We won't join the costume contest parade, but will be decked out in scary finest.  😉