First B2B cruise & have a Paranormal suite!

On our last cruise, aboard the Allure in May , my wife and I had our Coco Cay day rained out around lunchtime. I was there in Nov on a cruise for my mom's birthday that my wife couldn't make. So I was looking forward to her experiencing the fun I had at Coco Cay. We enjoyed the few hours there since we were first off the ship and she was looking forward to a do-over.

I decided that back to back cruises aboard the Liberty in December (3 night, 4 night) would be a great way to get two cracks at a Perfect Day in Coco Cay. Excursions and port visits aren't important to us and we've been to Nassau before. 

We also booked one of the two panoramic suites (1854) since the price was right and we've never had a suite before. Already planning to take full advantage of the suite perks, especially MDR room service and the happy hour times for free drinks. On the 2nd cruise, we have the UDP and the alcohol beverage package, but not on the first cruise.

So far, here's the plan to maximize the suite and suite perks:

Not many purchased alcohol drinks will be needed between:  the bottles of wine we'll bring; the bottle of wine that AAA travel gives us (along with a fruit basket and $25 OBC);  the free drinks in the suite lounge. Saves us $350 by purchasing the Refreshment Beverage Package versus the Deluxe Beverage Package.

Using all the free dining options available. On the Allure, we used the UDP to the maximum and ate in the MDR only once as a 2nd dinner just to check it out. Saving $200 on the first cruise not buying the UDP. I get antsy sometimes sitting down for a long dinner at a restaurant, knowing there are shows and entertainment going on  - or that I maybe could be getting more time on the Flowrider. Free room service from the MDR menu (when open) is going to save time by not waiting for service in the MDR and enjoy the views from the suite. Also will order meals before the MDR closes to bring for lunch the next day at Coco Cay. 

Is there a welcome lunch for the suites? I saw there's the last day breakfast.

We will also make all our UDP reservations on the last day of the first cruise to get a head start on the 2nd cruise. 

Feel free to share any other B2B and suite tips.

👻👻👻 👻👻 👻👻 👻👻

Who ya gonna call???

Joking aside, we're about to do a 3 and 4-night B2B on Indy in 8 days to hit Cococay twice as well (amongst other reasons).

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

👻👻👻 👻👻 👻👻 👻👻

Who ya gonna call???

Joking aside, we're about to do a 3 and 4-night B2B on Indy in 8 days to hit Cococay twice as well (amongst other reasons).

You will have to let us know if you liked it. I'm not sure if it was grandeur or the shorter cruises that soured me on shorter cruises ...even b2b and same or more days. Indy is a nice ship. 

Lol the title confused me too. I was ready to read about things moving about in his cabin. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You will have to let us know if you liked it. I'm not sure if it was grandeur or the shorter cruises that soured me on shorter cruises ...even b2b and same or more days. Indy is a nice ship.

I've only done one short cruise in my life and it was b/c we needed exactly 4 points to hit Diamond. They're not for us either.

This is a bit of an experiment. We were already on Harmony on 5/29 and between the prices and itineraries this summer out of PC (I live too close to be bothered driving to Ft Lauderdale), I came up with this idea b/c there was a good TA friends & family price (by summer PC standards at least) and we do love Cococay. Won't be getting off the ship in Nassau. We also haven't sailed anything but Oasis class in a while, other than in Alaska 4 years ago when we weren't there for the ship, so I wanted to see how we'd feel about Indy. We were on Freedom once and loved it along with some Voyager class ships before there was an Oasis. Lastly, we're big fan's of the Original Giovanni's Table and we haven't tried Playmaker's yet so we have those to look forward to.

I'll try to post a review when we get back. I've tried starting love reports in the past but they don't seem to work for me. I'm too long-winded (as you can tell).

• Like 1

As to your question about a lunch for suites, we have been on 5 different ships since the restart and there has not been a suite luncheon on any I’ve been on. 

BTW, you’ll love the paranormal suite.  The views are a spiritual experience… 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

That happens with regularity on my iphone texting.  Seri chooses another word entirely and it can sometimes be quite hilarious!

And a lot of times, it's a word you've never used lol.

Our very first cruise was a 4 night, just to see if we liked it.  After that, we've only taken two shorter than 7 nights (both Bermuda taking a 6 night Bermuda in two weeks also).  The 4 night got us hooked and we just can't do shorter ones any more.  6 nights is hard enough lol.  

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I've tried starting love reports in the past but they don't seem to work for me. I'm too long-winded (as you can tell).

Love reports huh?

My spellcheck does this too. It changes what I typed. 

That's why I booked grandeur, great price. All that on and off was a pain. Crowd at the pool was a lot louder to me. Felt like carnival to me. Dont hate carnival, but the whole party thing isnt me. 

I'd like to try indy. I was already booked when it was in Galveston. Cant be 2 places at once. I havent been on a ship with play makers. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Love reports huh?

Those would be worse than my live reports... or at least in the wrong type of forum. 🙈

I fully expect the main pool to be a zoo but that's fine, we don't go near it. We barely use our pool here in Florida. Hoping to just grab a couple seats in the Solarium for an hour or two a few days when we're not on Cococay but that's about it as far as lounging goes. I'd rather be eating. 🤣

I don't *think* our personal routine will be majorly affected by the "party vibe" but won't know until we're onboard.

Edited by OCSC Mike

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol the title confused me too. I was ready to read about things moving about in his cabin. 

We've had that cabin on Adventure. Loved it. Should have had it again on our upcoming Voyager, but got moved to a GS during L&S. Probably good, because of the proximity to fog horn. 

Will do one again on Mariner for a B2B in December.  Price is often less than a JS.