Question about Eden shows/dinner

WorkerBee74

The shows have nothing to do with dinner.   In fact if you are having dinner you will miss most of the show except for maybe a aerial act.   Sometimes in the afternoon they may be in the lounge rehearsing and that is very interesting  

The shows are different every night with different themes and acts.  .  It is in a lounge and many people come and go like any other lounge show.   They may repeat their main show.   Being a lounge there aren’t many seats with good sight lines 

it can get very crowded and becomes SRO as it is one per night. 

The other place that has shows besides the theater is the Club.    It also gets to be SRO.   Great show but with limited seating that has  good sight lines 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have been on the Edge 2x and Apex once and only saw 1 “ show “

most of the time it was a performer who had been in the main theater a day or 2 before performing or the house band.  But in the evening there was generally some entertainment in Eden ( fortunately no Edenists).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, miched said:

The shows have nothing to do with dinner.   In fact if you are having dinner you will miss most of the show except for maybe a aerial act.   Sometimes in the afternoon they may be in the lounge rehearsing and that is very interesting  

The shows are different every night with different themes and acts.  .  It is in a lounge and many people come and go like any other lounge show.   They may repeat their main show.   Being a lounge there aren’t many seats with good sight lines 

The other place that has shows besides the theater is the Club.    It also gets to be SRO.   Great show but with limited seating that has  good sight lines 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good to know - thanks so much.  We are not going to be at Eden for dinner but we most definitely will be at the lounge!

9 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Agree  on Beyond last month,  unless you are early and get a good seat the sight lines make it difficult to catch much of the show.  One night it was so packed, shoulder to shoulder, standing room only, we left after a few minutes  as felt it was a covid risk. We couldn't see anything from where we were standing anyway.

The main theatre was amazing BTW

• Like 1

We sailed on the Edge twice in this past year.  The shows in Eden were acoustic guitar performers, some very good, some meh.  It didn't seem to be crowded in there at all.  Twice during the week-long cruise was the Caravan show in the Club with acrobatics and aerial performers--very nice show but you MUST get there early and get a seat right up front to fully appreciate it.  As others said, the sight lines in the Club from most seats is quite poor.

What is interesting to us, is that on the Apex and on the Beyond, there are TWO FULL production show casts!  One full production cast for the theater, and one full production cast for the Eden shows!  That blew my mind, to be honest.  Two full production casts, separate and distinct - two full sets of singers, dancers!  So the experience in Eden on the Apex and on the Beyond is very different from the Eden shows on the Edge - as the Edge "only" has the full production cast for the theater.  Celebrity has a huge commitment to full blown theatrical live entertainment, and we for one, absolutely appreciate that.  And deepens our commitment to the newest ships......And dinner in Eden, wow!  Love it!  

Edited by lexmiller
  • Like 1

I could be wrong but I believe the original futuristic show that they had on Edge in 2018 and 2019 were replaced with more entertainment like in the main theater. 

When we had dinner there in 2018 the sound level was over the top where you couldn't even carry on a conversation and from where we sat you couldn't see anything except an occasional lady swing by from the ceiling .      We considered it a miss and never went back.

I guess Celebrity re-created the experience

4 hours ago, Mark_T said:

entertainment venues ... with generally poor sight-lines?

I'm not sure Eden is intended as a primary entertainment venue.  We remember smaller, shorter, interactive, more intimate specialty acts.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Since the restart on the Edge has anyone seen a show in the Eden with the entertainers in costume (not a band)?  I was on the edge in July 2021, no shows besides musicians.  They may only be on apex and beyond at the moment 

I wrote above, that the Apex and the Beyond have two full production casts - one full production cast for the main theater and one full cast for Eden.  Edge does NOT have two production casts.  We were on the Edge transatlantic this spring and correct, no production shows in Eden as there is "only" 1 production cast on Edge.  How cool, btw, that there are TWO production casts on Apex and Beyond!? 

I was exhausted on the Apex in the evenings, running between the main theater and Eden!😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jwlane said:

You should!

Spending a week in Spain prior, doing Chef's Table, excursions at every port, international flights from the middle-of-nowhere Canada... I have to cut somewhere lol.  Maybe on another cruise but this one is already the most extravagant trip we've ever done... I wish I was part of the 1% but sadly I am not - lol. 

There's a chance we'll get on the ship after a couple of wines and do a walk up booking though - hahah.

Edited by WorkerBee74