Johnny Rockets?

47 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Yes it is! 

Just an FYI, if you don't have the dining package, you can get breakfast served at Johnny Rockets for FREE as well.

Not on all ships, only on Oasis Class Ships.

13 minutes ago, killtheump said:

Really?  It wouldn't be considered an a la carte restaurant where you get $20 credit?  That is disappointing.

41 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Really?  It wouldn't be considered an a la carte restaurant where you get $20 credit?  That is disappointing.

Killtheump was responding to the free breakfast comment.  Breakfast is free at Johnny Rockets on Oasis class ships only - for anyone (no dining package needed).

If you have the UDP, Johnny Rockets is included for any meal if it is open.  Last time we were on Mariner, JR wasn't open for breakfast.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Killtheump was responding to the free breakfast comment.  Breakfast is free at Johnny Rockets on Oasis class ships only - for anyone (no dining package needed).

If you have the UDP, Johnny Rockets is included for any meal if it is open.  Last time we were on Mariner, JR wasn't open for breakfast.

That's true - we were on Mariner last month and Johnny Rockets was only open from noon to five.  There was always a line waiting to get in right at noon and every seat was taken within 5 minutes.  But it was worth it - their shakes are SOOOO  good and love their burgers. 

Johnny Rockets was open for breakfast when we were on Harmony of the Seas.

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Yes it is! 

Just an FYI, if you don't have the dining package, you can get breakfast served at Johnny Rockets for FREE as well.

3 hours ago, killtheump said:

2 hours ago, jk04 said:

Johnny Rockets is NOT  open for breakfast on most ships.  It is open for breakfast on Oasis class ships.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads up, shakes at JR may or may not be included in the UDP.  I thought they were included if you got a meal also, but we just got off Adventure yesterday and the UDP there covered any food but not shakes.  We ate there 4 times with 3 different servers and none would include a shake.  It ended up not a huge deal - soda is included, and we'd get pie and ice cream for dessert instead of a shake if we didn't want to pay for a shake. (Their apple pie is delicious, and I'd never gotten it before because I was full from shakes, so I guess discovering the pie is the silver lining here. 🙂

1 hour ago, karmacats said:

Just a heads up, shakes at JR may or may not be included in the UDP.  I thought they were included if you got a meal also, but we just got off Adventure yesterday and the UDP there covered any food but not shakes.  We ate there 4 times with 3 different servers and none would include a shake.  It ended up not a huge deal - soda is included, and we'd get pie and ice cream for dessert instead of a shake if we didn't want to pay for a shake. (Their apple pie is delicious, and I'd never gotten it before because I was full from shakes, so I guess discovering the pie is the silver lining here. 🙂

So pay for shakes and get a free pie.  Skip the burgers and fries.

50 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I read that on Oasis there is a cover charge instead of a la carte.  If so, do kids have to pay the full cover? My wife and I have UDP but it’s not worth it for the kids. They can eat off the kids menu everywhere else. 

Yes, Johnny Rockets has a cover charge.   What are the ages of your children?  Unless they are very young toddlers, they cannot simply eat off your plate.  

You may need to pay the cover for everyone in the family. It is in the $11-$12 range. 

m

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, Johnny Rockets has a cover charge.   What are the ages of your children?  Unless they are very young toddlers, they cannot simply eat off your plate.  

You may need to pay the cover for everyone in the family. It is in the $11-$12 range. 

m

My kids are 3 and 5.  

4 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

That's true - we were on Mariner last month and Johnny Rockets was only open from noon to five.  There was always a line waiting to get in right at noon and every seat was taken within 5 minutes.  But it was worth it - their shakes are SOOOO  good and love their burgers. 

Johnny Rockets was open for breakfast when we were on Harmony of the Seas.

I was on the Mariner late May, JR needed badly to work on the AC…almost too hot to sit inside.  

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I was on the Mariner late May, JR needed badly to work on the AC…almost too hot to sit inside.  

It was plenty cool last month.  They obviously got the a/c working.  It was too hot to sit outside except for one day when there was a slight breeze.

3 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

I feel like Johnny Rockets is a waste for the pay dining. It should be included. Carnival has Guys Burgers for free and those were tasty. 

YEP, get rid of the dog house and their rubber based hot dogs and make JR  free.. They could still charge for a Milkshake.  A Playmakers burger is slightly priced higher than JR and is awesome. 

4 hours ago, karmacats said:

Shakes are not included with the UDP - but they ARE included with the Refreshment package or above!  So, for us, we had the UDP and the Refreshment package (non-alcohol specialty drinks), so we could eat at Johnny Rockets for lunch and get shakes for dessert with no extra charges.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

I feel like Johnny Rockets is a waste for the pay dining. It should be included. Carnival has Guys Burgers for free and those were tasty. 

Once upon a time it was free (and for a while thereafter C&A members got a free coupon). Problem was that it was nearly impossible to get in much of the time. Even at 3:00 on a port day there would be an hour wait for a table. Teens tended to congregate there all day. Charging drastically cut down on the crowds and, of course, once they realized people were willing to pay, the rest is history. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jk04 said:

We were on the Adventure of the Seas in May .  They had Johnny Rockets- I also recall Johnny Rockets on the Freedom of the Seas.

6 hours ago, karmacats said:

I'm getting a soda and ice cream and making myself a float!! LOL

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I agree, Guy's Burgers blows away Johnny Rockets.  On my Navigator cruises, there was never a line at JR, and most of the business they did seemed to be milkshakes.

18 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

I agree, Guy's Burgers blows away Johnny Rockets.  On my Navigator cruises, there was never a line at JR, and most of the business they did seemed to be milkshakes.

The buffet on the Harmony had very good burgers.

17 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

JR only serves breakfasts on a small number of ships.

And they have put an upcharge on our favorite hamburger and eggs. And loaded breakfast potatoes. Talk about nickel and diming. 

image.thumb.png.fc6f347fbcf22675093a01b8ceeaa9ea.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1