celebrity infinity

Greekgirl16

Does anyone know when the infinity will be refurbished? I saw online it was supposed to happen in 2020-2021 but then saw several posts that if didn't happen.  and recent posts from people that were on it that it really needs refurbishing. Looking to book a cruise for Oct or Nov2023 and hoping it will be renovated by then.

No timing has been announced for any of the un revolutionized ships to be update.  It is a massive expense and  with the debt they took on to survive the shutdown and ships not sailing at full capacity probably not soon.

Just sailed on the June 25th Infinity sailing, the final ship to return to service.  Won't go into the challenges both guests and passengers faced on that sailing, but can report that the crew is wonderful, despite the difficulties they faced that were not of their making.

The ship is in "generally" good condition.  The maintenance crew was trying to work on a variety of passenger comfort issues, i.e. lack of cabin a/c, non-working cabin phones, strong chemical odors in cabins (painting), cabin safes not working, cabin fridges not working.  The Guest relations staff had lines (8-10 people) in front of them pretty much every day, all day.   

The bedding appeared to be new - the bed was very comfy.  The rest of the cabin was pretty much the way they were when everything shut down.  Bathrooms still have the shower curtain.  Cabin still has the small, old Samsung TV.

We still had a nice cruise,  but would sail on the Summit, Reflection or Equinox again before the Infinity, even though we love the beach at Grand Turk.  ☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@twoflyers  Were there any changes to the public spaces like they did on the Constellation.  On Connie Rendezvous lounge had the high top table added in front of the bar and Oceanview had the continuous cafeteria lines broken up creating more individual stations?

Edited by wrk2cruise

@wrk2cruise

Sadly, no changes were made to public spaces, same furniture, window treatments and carpet.

I have to repeat - the crew in every venue was wonderful.  Even though there were only 700+ of them and 1,800 guests.   Service took some time, but was always delivered with a smile. 

A friend was booked on the January 2023 Infinity Antarctica cruise, but moved it out to 2024 (Eclipse) sailing instead.   Celebrity would be better served keeping this ship in the Caribbean instead of sending it to Europe or S.America.

• Like 1

Here is another new video of a concierge stateroom. We have been on non revolutionised ships and revolutionised ships and when I look at this room there is still something nice about the old style [apart from the shower curtain]....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Anyone been on since the first cruise back?  I'm really curious about the issues surrounding the A/C working properly in rooms.  I can live with slow service, but not being in a hot room.

I’m curious as well.  Right now a future booking is between INFINITY and EXPLORER OF THE SEAS.  Normally I would gravitate towards Celebrity without question, but recent reports of INFINITY are cause for hesitation.  Like you I can’t tolerate lack of a/c, especially in the Caribbean. 

Edited by eroller

3 hours ago, eroller said:

I’m curious as well.  Right now a future booking is between INFINITY and EXPLORER OF THE SEAS.  Normally I would gravitate towards Celebrity without question, but recent reports of INFINITY are cause for hesitation.  Like you I can’t tolerate lack of a/c, especially in the Caribbean. 

We were on the 2nd cruise and we felt that the AC was much better than we expected it based on the reviews we read before we left. My cabin (a balcony on deck 6) was cool and public areas were cool/comfortable. I will say that near areas where doors opened frequently it was hot but that is to be expected with the heat and high humidity! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, musik07 said:

We were on the 2nd cruise and we felt that the AC was much better than we expected it based on the reviews we read before we left. My cabin (a balcony on deck 6) was cool and public areas were cool/comfortable. I will say that near areas where doors opened frequently it was hot but that is to be expected with the heat and high humidity! 

Thank you for that! 

15 hours ago, gordylad said:

Here is another new video of a concierge stateroom. We have been on non revolutionised ships and revolutionised ships and when I look at this room there is still something nice about the old style [apart from the shower curtain]....

This was taken on the second sailing (July 2nd). I didn't experience any room hiccups besides the slow service. It was a 2hr dinner service every nice, even eating solo. They also went down to smaller drinking glasses as the days progresses and was out of Pina Colada mix by Day 6.

Most recent reviews of the Infinity are Horrendous.  NO AC, friendly but poorly trained staff, broken floorboards, etc.  Have a look at both the tripadvisor and CC reviews.....Hopefully these are just teething pains however I know that Celebrity has enacted a cost cutting initiative.......And perhaps its showing.    Safe sails to all!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

Most recent reviews of the Infinity are Horrendous.  NO AC, friendly but poorly trained staff, broken floorboards, etc.  Have a look at both the tripadvisor and CC reviews.....Hopefully these are just teething pains however I know that Celebrity has enacted a cost cutting initiative.......And perhaps its showing.    Safe sails to all!  

To prevent the spread of mis-information this is why people shouldn't post reviews mid cruise, they should wait until the sailing is complete.  "NO AC" was for the first couple of days on the return to sailing; every live review I saw on here and FB said the lack of AC was resolved.

With all that being said, it sounds like there are still slow service and food issues (some claims of very long waits for food when the food comes and it's cold) and several have reported the wifi is the slowest in the fleet.  Great for team "I'm retired, don't use the internet" bad for team "Not retired, I can cruise more often if I can occasionally get some work done".

• Like 2

16 hours ago, musik07 said:

We were on the 2nd cruise and we felt that the AC was much better than we expected it based on the reviews we read before we left. My cabin (a balcony on deck 6) was cool and public areas were cool/comfortable.

Thank you.  That makes me feel better.  We are booked on her for our first celebrity cruise in October, and I can put up with a lot of things, but not a warm cabin.   We are in an inside as well, which should help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

To prevent the spread of mis-information this is why people shouldn't post reviews mid cruise, they should wait until the sailing is complete.  "NO AC" was for the first couple of days on the return to sailing; every live review I saw on here and FB said the lack of AC was resolved.

With all that being said, it sounds like there are still slow service and food issues (some claims of very long waits for food when the food comes and it's cold) and several have reported the wifi is the slowest in the fleet.  Great for team "I'm retired, don't use the internet" bad for team "Not retired, I can cruise more often if I can occasionally get some work done".

My" mid cruise "comments and end of cruise comments were the same.  AC was not fixed in my cabin.  I can not say if it is better on the second sailing as I am not on that sailing. .   I was on the sailing and I am confused why you call it it "mis-information".  The crew were very frustrated they could not fix the AC  on my sailing and hopefully it is resolved.  I gave a realistic account both good and bad of the first sailing in hopes that things would get better for those to come.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

My" mid cruise "comments and end of cruise comments were the same.  AC was not fixed in my cabin.  I can not say if it is better on the second sailing as I am not on that sailing. .   I was on the sailing and I am confused why you call it it "mis-information".  The crew were very frustrated they could not fix the AC  on my sailing and hopefully it is resolved.  I gave a realistic account both good and bad of the first sailing in hopes that things would get better for those to come.  

I had read multiple reports, one right here on CC and the others on FB that the AC was fixed.  You're the first person I've heard state the AC issue remains.  So they didn't move you to another stateroom or did they give you any compensation?

• Like 1

I have a sailing to Lisbon in May 2023.

At least the ship was refurbished four years ago.  Frankly, I chose this for the itinerary and the fabulous service I have always received on Celebrity.  Times are tough and every where we go, businesses including airlines are struggling.

I'm just thankful to be sailing, so let's keep the "Glass Half Full"! 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I had read multiple reports, one right here on CC and the others on FB that the AC was fixed.  You're the first person I've heard state the AC issue remains.  So they didn't move you to another stateroom or did they give you any compensation?

I was on the first sailing and did a live thread. We sailed with a box fan in our room as there was so many problems all over the ship and other cabins in worse condition.  We put up with it to keep the disruption to a minimum.  AC in common areas was much better than cabins.  Honestly the smell was more bothersome but that was on and off.  I know they housed the Covid positive employees for 2 years but did not have the stress of all the open doors  and balconies to really test the AC.  I am sure with time all will get sorted out.  Everyone needs to know what they may face so they don't get disappointed.  It is an old ship with all the problems that comes with it's age.   Did I have a good time yes, would I go again, probably not unless the price was right  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I was on the first sailing and did a live thread. We sailed with a box fan in our room as there was so many problems all over the ship and other cabins in worse condition.  We put up with it to keep the disruption to a minimum.  AC in common areas was much better than cabins.  Honestly the smell was more bothersome but that was on and off.  I know they housed the Covid positive employees for 2 years but did not have the stress of all the open doors  and balconies to really test the AC.  I am sure with time all will get sorted out.  Everyone needs to know what they may face so they don't get disappointed.  It is an old ship with all the problems that comes with it's age.   Did I have a good time yes, would I go again, probably not unless the price was right  

Thanks for the reply, would you mind elaborating on what other problems there were?  I'm on the infinity FB group which is ship specific but not sailing specific, all recent reports say the AC hasn't been an issue

• Like 1