Kummelweck sandwich

On 7/14/2022 at 1:59 PM, poocher said:

Had one on Harmony in March.  Good but didn’t live up to the hype IMO.

I agree! It is a better cut of beef maybe sirloin strip, but go on Celebrity and go to the Eden Garden for lunch. They slice Prime Rib sandwiches with or without the roll! Delicious! We were on the Edge!

On 7/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, JOHN 57 said:

The kummelweck sandwich is served at the Park Cafe aboard the Grandeur of the seas.  Has anyone tried this sandwich and what did you think?

truly nothing to write home about?  Amazing?Delicious?  Only if you are buzzed and hungry are these anything more than somewhat tender beef in a bun 🙂   

That being said, they will curb your appetite while hanging out in the Solarium 🙂  haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

truly nothing to write home about?  Amazing?Delicious?  Only if you are buzzed and hungry are these anything more than somewhat tender beef in a bun 🙂   

That being said, they will curb your appetite while hanging out in the Solarium 🙂  haha

I tried it, and you are correct nothing spectular

• Thanks 1

This sandwich is a moving target, similar to my (fast food) chicken sandwich experiences...

Popeyes and Burger King - both of their new (prior year or two) chicken sandwiches are - potentially - great. However, I've ordered them several times (different locations/cities) and I can see where someone trying it once might get a "dud" (more so with Burger King), wonder what all the fuss was about, and give up.

Places that just can't get it right: KFC and McDonalds. I can't believe that McDonalds calls theirs "crispy"... I've ordered at least 5-6 and never detected anything remotely "crispy"! I finally threw in the towel, and won't be fooled a 7th time... LMAO

I will say, the MDE chicken sandwich at Shaq's Big Chicken (Carnival Mardi Gras) was excellent every time I ordered one (perhaps 5 times over two sailings).

OK.... off my chicken sandwich rant/soapbox now !  😄

Tom

• 1 month later...

I was on Oasis and Allure three times between 2013 and 2018 and loved the kummelweck sandwiches in Park Cafe. They were absolutely delicious and the quality was always consistent. 

On Anthem last week, the sandwiches were inedible. Tough raw undercooked beef with so much fat and gristle that my wife and I couldn’t eat them. The staff didn’t seem to know how to properly cook or trim them.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 6:33 AM, davy jones said:

200 replies about a roll with some roast beef that some love and some can live without and no controversy!🙂

Do you tip when you get the sandwich?   How much?  Aren't those people in the tipping pool?  (That should get the controversy going!)  

On 10/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

This sandwich is a moving target, similar to my (fast food) chicken sandwich experiences...

Popeyes and Burger King - both of their new (prior year or two) chicken sandwiches are - potentially - great. However, I've ordered them several times (different locations/cities) and I can see where someone trying it once might get a "dud" (more so with Burger King), wonder what all the fuss was about, and give up.

Places that just can't get it right: KFC and McDonalds. I can't believe that McDonalds calls theirs "crispy"... I've ordered at least 5-6 and never detected anything remotely "crispy"! I finally threw in the towel, and won't be fooled a 7th time... LMAO

I will say, the MDE chicken sandwich at Shaq's Big Chicken (Carnival Mardi Gras) was excellent every time I ordered one (perhaps 5 times over two sailings).

OK.... off my chicken sandwich rant/soapbox now !  😄

Tom

We had a Popeye's crispy sammich and it was divine.  

• Like 1

In most cases, if you watch the person slicing the meat they dont know how to cut it. They are not trained properly. They cut it in all directions which is a large problem. Not only is it produce an inedible sandwich it is a big waste of money for Royal. 

• Like 2