Suppy chain issues... Bring wine?

With the 5 diamond plus drinks, we haven't brought wine on board for quite a while. But on our last cruise (Explorer, late May) they were running out of Cabernet everywhere. 

Should we bring a few bottles on our Greek Isles cruise (Brilliance out of Ravenna) next month, or do you think the issues are being resolved?

Just now, cruisin from florida said:

With the 5 diamond plus drinks, we haven't brought wine on board for quite a while. But on our last cruise (Explorer, late May) they were running out of Cabernet everywhere. 

Should we bring a few bottles on our Greek Isles cruise (Brilliance out of Ravenna) next month, or do you think the issues are being resolved?

We did a B2B on the Brilliance in May and didn’t have any problems enjoying Cabernet.  If you are concerned bring some amazing Italian wine onboard and enjoy that.😀

We loved our brilliance European cruise 6 years ago , love Italian wines , we always take two bottles of a good Cabernet on all our cruises, Celebrity now allows 4 bottles, would love to see rccl copy that .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

Which wine do you receive in your cabin because of your D+ status?

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

You pick from a selection 

C7AF99A7-20CC-4563-8B57-14A14DCCCAD0.jpeg

B12731D3-1A19-4613-8A05-41C0265FB693.jpeg

I much rather get a beach towel than any of those wines listed . The good thing about diamond plus is 5 free drinks and they normally have a decent wine by the glass , although we sometimes get something better and pay the difference.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, George C said:

I much rather get a beach towel than any of those wines listed . The good thing about diamond plus is 5 free drinks and they normally have a decent wine by the glass , although we sometimes get something better and pay the difference.

The PY SB is a very good wine and comparable to the KC SB you get by the glass imho.

The Chandon bubbles is delicious too. 

• Like 1

We usually just get wine by the glass at dinner, using some of our diamond plus drinks, and pay the price difference if needed. On Explorer in June, they were running out of lots of wines in Chops and Giovanni's. We'll bring a couple of bottles, just in case. When they have their usual selection, it's not worth the trouble.

2 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

We usually just get wine by the glass at dinner, using some of our diamond plus drinks, and pay the price difference if needed. On Explorer in June, they were running out of lots of wines in Chops and Giovanni's. We'll bring a couple of bottles, just in case. When they have their usual selection, it's not worth the trouble.

It was amusing on the Anthem in May. They handed us the wine list and were out of the first 3 reds we asked for. We finally said "well, what DO you have". 

2 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

Giovanni’s on allure had a great selection of wines better than any other restaurant.

We're on a 6 night Bermuda cruise on EN leaving on Fri.  We will get one bottle of wine instead of the normal two (D+ over 340 pts) due to it being less than 7 days.  We don't need anymore beach towels or bags lol.   I'm bringing a bottle of Chateau St Michelle Rose.   Our "free" bottle is the sauvignon blanc which is ok.  I prefer the Pinot Grigio but haven't bothered to try to change it.  I may see the LA onboard and change it then.

Any Chassagne Montrachet or Puligny Montrachet on the wine lists? If not, that's what im bringing. I'll bring it anyway actually, because they probably charge 3 times as much as I bought it for at home.

I have this handy wine suitcase I bring with me when I travel to places with good wineries, usually to bring wine back home, but I'll bring it with me on the cruise to get wine onboard since I'm flying SW and get the 2 free checked bags. 

https://www.flywithwine.com/vingardevalise/

We will be bringing a Don Leo and Casa Madero to Copenhagen for the TA.  And if anyone here that is on that TA wants to get rid of their free wine, please let me know and I will take it off your hands at no charge.

7 minutes ago, Magicat said:

We will be bringing a Don Leo and Casa Madero to Copenhagen for the TA.  And if anyone here that is on that TA wants to get rid of their free wine, please let me know and I will take it off your hands at no charge.

We like Casa Madero in Cabo.  Usually Mexican and Chilean wines are the best buys.  Have never seen it in the US.  Surprised it is in Canada.

6 hours ago, Magicat said:

I didn't know Mexico made wine. New wine fact!