Favorite Specialty Restaurant

What is the best specialty restaurant/meals?  I am trying to plan for our UDP and where to eat/what nights so I can make reservations as soon as I board.  

We looked at menus and it looks like Hooked is the favorite for us as far as food offerings, but I also want to try the others.  Of course, we will have one Wonderland night because we have never been there.  This is our first time with the UDP.  We love seafood and steak.  Everything else is just food.  I love desserts.  I am thinking Chops, Jamies and Wonderland once and Hooked the rest of the time?  However, I haven't read great reviews for Hooked.  Any advice?  We are on Symphony.

9 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

What is the best specialty restaurant/meals?  I am trying to plan for our UDP and where to eat/what nights so I can make reservations as soon as I board.  

We looked at menus and it looks like Hooked is the favorite for us as far as food offerings, but I also want to try the others.  Of course, we will have one Wonderland night because we have never been there.  This is our first time with the UDP.  We love seafood and steak.  Everything else is just food.  I love desserts.  I am thinking Chops, Jamies and Wonderland once and Hooked the rest of the time?  However, I haven't read great reviews for Hooked.  Any advice?  We are on Symphony.

While things can vary ship by ship and sailing to sailing Hooked was by far our least favorite.  I'm guessing supply chain issues but the shrimp and lobster they served there were the exact same as what they were serving in the MDR.  The shrimp cocktail served in Chops was far and away better.  Lamb chops at Jamies last week on Ovation were fantastic.  150CP never disappoints.  We also do Wonderland one night.  Hibachi was very good on Symphony in March.

• Like 1

It looks like they have changed the Hooked menu a little since our October Symphony cruise.  I ordered a stuffed lobster and I did not like it.  They later told me that they were having trouble getting quality crabmeat.   They replaced it with lobster tail and it was good. If they would of offered the the 2lb Maine lobster I would of tried it instead.
The 4 of us enjoyed Wonderland enough that we did it again the next cruise.
3 of the 4 of us enjoyed Jamie's. I would suggest trying the Meat Plank.
The Lobster Tempura roll is good at Izumi.
We all enjoyed Chops.
Enjoy the cruise!

150 Central Park was our favorite by far on Oasis.   For our upcoming cruise on Allure, we're initially planning on doing that every other day unless something else really wows us.

For lunch, carryout burger/fries from Chops to be eaten down by the pool is our favorite, with sushi at Izumi a close second.

• Like 1

I didn't realize that take out was an option!  Maybe I could try that at the Sushi place for a couple of rolls?  

We will definately try 150 Central Park.  I see things I like on that menu but my son is more interested in the lobster and oysters in Hooked.  

So much food for only one week!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I didn't realize that take out was an option!  Maybe I could try that at the Sushi place for a couple of rolls?  

To clarify, we ate in at Izumi.   I'm sure you can carry out (especially now that it's a prix fixe), but I haven't done it.   It was just the burgers we took to the pool.

Can you make reservations with the UDP when you connect with the ships WiFi or do you have to visit each restaurant to make reservations at each?  I am concerned since outboard time isn’t until 12:30. 

We really didn’t care for 150cp on allure, our favorite keeps on changing chops was good , but favorite would be a tie between hibachi and Giovanni’s, Giovanni’s had the best wine list which helps. UDP is great have not eaten in mdr in a few cruises 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

Can you make reservations with the UDP when you connect with the ships WiFi or do you have to visit each restaurant to make reservations at each?  I am concerned since outboard time isn’t until 12:30. 

You can make all your reservations at any of them. If in a suite concierge can do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We really didn’t care for 150cp on allure

What didn't you like about it?  I ask because I am considering eating there on my three-night plan, and the menu looked by far the best of all the menus to our group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baelor said:

What didn't you like about it?  I ask because I am considering eating there on my three-night plan, and the menu looked by far the best of all the menus to our group.

They added some spices to my steak , wasn’t able to eat it, they did offer we another. Pre pandemic they used to have a large cheese cart and you would just say which you wanted . I do like there dining room.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

We were told you can use the App once inside the terminal to make reservations.  Did not work in the San Pedro terminal.  

15 minutes ago, George C said:

They added some spices to my steak , wasn’t able to eat it, they did offer we another. Pre pandemic they used to have a large cheese cart and you would just say which you wanted . I do like there dining room.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

Yes you can make reservations via the app once you connect to ships wifi

If you’ll have the UDP, just try them all and see for yourself. 
My favorite on Symphony was Hooked although that was back in 2018 and I’ve heard it’s not been that good lately due to supply issues.  
Next would be 150 CP followed by Wonderland (if you haven’t tried it before), then Chops, Hibachi and last (and definitely least) Jamie’s. 
I can only describe Jamie’s as forgettable. 

Of the speciality restaurants we've dined at I'd rank them as: 150 CP, Chops, Giovannis Kitchen, Izumi, Sabor.  We look forward to experiencing for the first time Wonderland, Chef's Table and Giovanni's Table on our upcoming Wonder cruise in March.

Thank you for the replies!  We will go to 150cp on one of the nights earlier in the cruise. Hooked will be the first night and wonderland the second then we will try 150cp. Thanks for all the recommendations!

15 hours ago, George C said:

We really didn’t care for 150cp on allure, our favorite keeps on changing chops was good , but favorite would be a tie between hibachi and Giovanni’s, Giovanni’s had the best wine list which helps. UDP is great have not eaten in mdr in a few cruises 

I'm with you; Giovanni's and Izumi Hibachi are our favorites.  Not impressed with Jamie's at all.