Anthem of the Seas ‘suite lounge’ or ‘concierge lounge‘

I’m on Anthem in September and was wondering about the facilities for suite guests. In particular does the ship still have a concierge lounge or has it changed to a suite lounge. If it’s still a concierge lounge has the happy hour offering (complimentary drinks) changed therefore for suite guests. Do they no longer get these. The reason is of course if it’s a concierge lounge as diamond plus members now get access again, do they get the free offering. If that’s the case then it’s going to be pretty jam packed. Maybe I’m putting two and two together to add up to five. Anyone know please. 

It’s a CL and D+ are allowed if not too many is the official line. 
But pretty much every sailing D+ haven’t been allowed as there are too many strangely enough! 

I’m on in Sept too so will try! 
(feeling like a kid left outside the pub with a packet of crisps and an orange squash!)

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Just to clarify I’m diamond plus and in a suite. Just wondered how they would administer it all. If D+ are not allowed in (which is different to what I read on the RCI website) then fine. 

When the concierge sees someone that he/she is not sure if they’re a suite guest, he/she will ask their cabin number to determine if they’re entitled to free drinks or not. 
Also, the server will usually ask for cabin number or sea pass card. 

Edited by HicksRA

22 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Even if D+ are allowed, they don’t get the free drinks (must use a voucher) so there’s very little incentive for them to go in. 

While technically true by the "letter of the law" your results may vary in practice. Be nice to the concierge/bar staff and good things may happen with your drinks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Just to clarify I’m diamond plus and in a suite. Just wondered how they would administer it all. If D+ are not allowed in (which is different to what I read on the RCI website) then fine. 

Are you at least Sky class?  Sea class (Jr. Suite) does not get "suite" lounge (aka CL) benefits.

34 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

What sort of suite? JS don’t count.

Yes I’m in a grand suite. Looking forward to it as the wife and I haven’t been ‘on holiday’ for nearly three years. Got a few cruises booked now so this will be the acid test I guess. My wife will have one or two alcoholic drinks at night but I’ll probably have a couple of alcohol free beers. Depends if the lounge offers drinks off the limited list or within reason any drink. This is another question of course 

15 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Yes I’m in a grand suite. Looking forward to it as the wife and I haven’t been ‘on holiday’ for nearly three years. Got a few cruises booked now so this will be the acid test I guess. My wife will have one or two alcoholic drinks at night but I’ll probably have a couple of alcohol free beers. Depends if the lounge offers drinks off the limited list or within reason any drink. This is another question of course 

We’ve been in a GS several times on Anthem since the restart. On the cruises we have been on D+ have not been allowed in the lounge. I witnessed a rather nasty run in between a disgruntled D+ and the Concierge over this. Anyhow, the drinks in the lounge do not count towards your vouchers. There was no menu and I think you could order whatever they had on hand, any basic drinks. Unlike on the Oasis class where the bar and Coastal are together, the suite lounge is far from Coastal so we didn’t use it that often. It does have a nice view and comfortable seating. 

• 5 months later...

Is the concierge suite lounge open all day or only certain hours?

We are in a grand suit again this year, didn't use it last year as it seemed to be always closed when we went .

Edited by ninsim

22 minutes ago, ninsim said:

Is the concierge suite lounge open all day or only certain hours?

We are in a grand suit again this year, didn't use it last year as it seemed to be always closed when we went .

Always open but manned by the concierge only at certain times and with the bar staff for drinks in the evening. Continental breakfast will be laid out in the mornings, can be nice and quick if going on an excursion and quiet if your looking to get away from the crowds. 

Thanks will try again this year in a grand suite so should be able to get in I am wondering if my card wasn’t working last year, is there just to one door to get in ? Seemed a bit of a fav to get there down a long corridor and husband on a scooter difficult to turn round to go back.

47 minutes ago, ninsim said:

Thanks will try again this year in a grand suite so should be able to get in I am wondering if my card wasn’t working last year, is there just to one door to get in ? Seemed a bit of a fav to get there down a long corridor and husband on a scooter difficult to turn round to go back.

Yes there is a door both port and starboard side, the concierge desk is to the left of the starboard door and the food, tea, coffees etc are to the right of the port side door 😀👍