Reported on Facebook that Dolly Smith passed away

sue1898

Thank you for letting us know. 

I'm sorry to know Dolly (what a gal!) won't be sailing the high seas anymore, and hosting guests at her dinner table.

The thought that she is now well again, able to get around easily, and can kick up her heels is comforting, though. 

I can see her now, having a great time as she sails through eternity. 
Rest in peace, Dolly. You were one of a kind. 

• Like 23

Dolly is one of the legendary guests that have sailed on HAL.  Kissing Annie is another one.  

May Dolly enjoy a sail through eternity with the knowledge that she has contributed to so many others cruise memories.  

• Like 3

I met Mrs. Smith on many occasions at the San Diego pier. 

She was quite a nice person to speak with and I am confident that she is happily reunited with her ex.

She always spoke kindly of him and she was very appreciative of her life style that he left behind.

She was not a big spender and occasionally chose to ride the city bus with a day pass instead of a Holland America tour when in this port.

One day she was went walking in the rain, and when I asked her why she didn't have an umbrella, she told me that she didn't need one.  

She was very frail the last time that we met, perhaps 5 years ago. I saw her being assisted in a wheelchair to a taxi for her flight home.

Her mind was still keen, and she lamented that she just couldn't walk a great distance any more.

She loved her time on the Amsterdam....which she said was her "home".

David

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear! May she rest in peace! She was a unique lady! Never forget the story she told me that, as a 15-16-yr old, she and a girlfriend hitchhiked from Santa Monica to San Francisco where the two of them were able to board and stowaway on a Matson steamer and made it all the way to Honolulu, HI

May be an image of 7 people, people standing and military uniform

• Like 9