Live Royal Suite Summit - 7/31 to 8/7

DisneyJen

A RS on a cruise where ‘the ship is the destination’ sounds ideal after your recent stressful time. Remember to let your butler know your focus is on rest and relaxation. It is wonderful to have time for relaxing balcony breakfasts, leisurely balcony lunchtimes…Ask your butler for some lunchtime suggestions for port days…With prior discussion they can often offer you something not on any menu…

Love your idea of Grand Marnier with champers to make a  grand mimosa!!! On cruises where we intend to crash out more we will ask our butler to add items to the bar set up including sliced lemon and olives. Never a problem. We also tend to ask for a real fruit bowl rather than the usual lonely apples on a plate. Nice to garnish drinks with.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

Secondly, a trip to the local Wegman's to procure four bottle of champers for our vacation mimosas.

When I spoke with the Alex the Shoreside Concierge last week I requested that one of our two bottle of spirits be the secret ingredient for our Grand Mimosas .... Grand Marnier!

@DisneyJen I love the idea of Grand Mimosas 😎 . We have often found that when the provided bottle of PJ runs out our butler replaces it. 

We always bring a secure champange saver so the not quite empty bottle can go back on it's side in the fridge.

DSC01525.thumb.JPG.b4dd726c29b0ea8e801c3743a9bc5564.JPG

have a wonerful time enjoying the suite life. 🍾🥂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

Congratulations and thanks @Kteacher🥂

Sounds like you enjoyed the Veuve dinner as well!

Your ears must be ringing @Jim_Iain ... Inspector Gadget (AKA Dr. Logi AKA @DJ's DH) has started phase two of packing which includes HDMI cables and all other possible modes of connection and communication. I told him to add the Firestick so we can watch youtubetv. "Genius" was his reply🤣

We're in search of our "suite" spot on a mainstream line as we love SeaDream. The only problem, first world of course, is that they spend a short time in the Caribbean and when they sail those dates don't work for the "retired" one.

So this test drive, if you will, is how the "ship within a ship" concept works for us.

We don't need all the bells and whistles ... We need a place to reconnect and recharge.

Wishing you and DH a great cruise and will be interested to see how you think X compares to SD. Until COVID, our line of choice was SD, but now my DH would prefer to drive to the port rather than fly.

We have recently sailed on Apex in a Sky Suite and Edge in a Royal Suite and felt the service in The Retreat was similar to SD. And the extra room in both suites was wonderful, but the Royal Suite truly fabulous!

While we missed the feeling of being on our own yacht, the variety of activities and dining options was a plus for X.

Looking forward to following along. And love the tip about grand mimosas! 

Bon voyage!

Edited by Mrs_Tiki

5 hours ago, groryjm said:

@DisneyJen I love the idea of Grand Mimosas 😎 . We have often found that when the provided bottle of PJ runs out our butler replaces it. 

We always bring a secure champange saver so the not quite empty bottle can go back on it's side in the fridge.

Interesting concept- a not empty champagne bottle. Never have I encountered one around me.

Laura

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Re shoes and overpacking:

We were on the July 3 - 10 sailing.  It was the first cruise we have ever taken that didn't require a plane to get to the port.  Actually just 35 minutes door-to-door.  I decided that since I didn't have to worry about luggage size and weight requirements I would pack whatever I wanted to take.  And I did.  At least a good 25% came home unworn and untouched.  I took 6 pairs of shoes for a cruise that is only 7 days.  You also should remember that you will encounter only one type of weather - warm to hot.  I also found that while the ship is in port in Bermuda the public areas tend to warm up.  So there was no need for the pashmina and sweaters I brought.  

Have a great time.

P.S. It wasn't only me.  My husband brought his golf clubs.

Edited by baggal
Adding P.S.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RichYak said:

Uh oh. I have a RS booked for March. Maybe I should bid on a move-down offer to avoid the addiction. 🤣

Nahhh.. bid on the PH.    We have won 2 PH upgrades due to someone testing positive last minute.     On our last cruise in a RS Iain said this feels small... I laughed and said Yea.... it's not the PH.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, groryjm said:

The butlers have those.

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nahhh.. bid on the PH.    We have won 2 PH upgrades due to someone testing positive last minute.     On our last cruise in a RS Iain said this feels small... I laughed and said Yea.... it's not the PH.

We had same feelings after our edge move up to penthouse we did royal suite on summit, closet  looked so small 😁😁,. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon all from Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania!

What a whirlwind morning and early afternoon of packing and rechecking packing. Like @baggal since we are driving to the port I am sure we over packed.

Our niece (AKA our dog sitter ) arrived right on time. The pups were happy to see her but they weren't happy to see the suitcases by the garage door.

Waze is showing up arriving at the Liberty Internal Airport Marriott at 5:41 p.m. Our game plan after check in is to decompress. We lived in Dutchess County, New York for several years so going into the city, especially on a Saturday night, isn't a priority for us.

This time tomorrow we'll be getting ready for sail away!

Edited by DisneyJen
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, George C said:

I love all suites on Celebrity but summit doesn’t have the ship with a ship like Edge class has , I consider the outdoor retreat area a joke . But suite lounge and suite lounge are excellent.

16 hours ago, George C said:

My last two cruises on celebrity was a penthouse last July ( move up) and a royal suite, next one is corner aft sky suite on beyond, which I am sure will be nice but definitely not a penthouse, might need another move up.

18 hours ago, George C said:

Luminae is great but I would also try Tuscan and Le petit chef , we also did sushi at 5 a couple of times for lunch since Luminae is closed on port days, the only time we did outdoor retreat was for lunch on a port day. All specialty restaurants are free for royal suite and above.

Thanks for the suggestions @George C!

I suspect we will spend most of our outdoor time on on balcony. Neither one of us are huge pool people. We might try the Retreat for lunch one day in port.

We did Tuscan and Murano's when we were on the Equinox. We loved Murano's but Tuscan was just meh. I still don't get the concept for Le Petite Chef but who knows we may try it since it is included.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, asnaleah said:

We loved our RS on Infinity back in the day. Great balcony! We mostly sail S class these days. I hope you enjoy Luminae. We seldom eat in specialty restaurants because we are so pleased with Luminae. In a RS, I think you can also eat at Blu, if capacity allows. It used to be all suites, but I have read recently that Blu is not always an option unless in an upper suite. At any rate, enjoy every minute!

Thanks @asnaleah!

One of the things I think we will like about Luminae on the Summit is the ability to order from the MDR and Blu menus. DJ"s DH isn't an adventurous dinner but was able to find something he liked each night while in Blu on the Equinox.

We both worked our way through college in the restaurant business so we really appreciate good service.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree 100% that especially on long cruises we spend more time in our room and enjoy staying connected and spending quality time together.   

I've used YouTube TV but depending on what satellite the ship is bouncing off of you may need to use a VPN to make it think your in the U.S.    If connected to Miami you will only be able to watch Miami local news and stations.    You can however watch anything you record so I set up recording for our local stations for the local news -  Early Morning, Evening and Late Nights.    It buffers pretty well and quality will adjust to bandwidth limitations.  I'm bringing along a Firestick his next cruise as they have built in VPN access.

If your husband has a problem have him e-mail me.     Actually the hardest part is getting it plugged in -    The HDMI ports are about 10 inches in and you only have about  6-7 inches on the sides as they are set into a frame.    Our butler has been helpful (knowing how to get it to lean up)   otherwise they will have IT come up an connect for you.

Thanks for the tips on the HDMI ports and the offer of tech support @Jim_Iain!

18 hours ago, davidfx64 said:

My husband and I will be joining you on this cruise (although, staying in an interior room so probably a little different experience haha, but we’re just excited to be on a ship!) We are seasoned cruisers but this will be our first time on Celebrity. Looking forward to following along with your posts! Ps-cute dog pic 🙂 

While we haven't stayed in an inside cabin on Celebrity we have sailed in Aqua Class. On our previous Summit and our Equinox sailings we found the Celebrity Crew outstanding.

Glad you liked the photo of the boys. They weren't to happy this afternoon.

14 hours ago, chemmo said:

A RS on a cruise where ‘the ship is the destination’ sounds ideal after your recent stressful time. Remember to let your butler know your focus is on rest and relaxation. It is wonderful to have time for relaxing balcony breakfasts, leisurely balcony lunchtimes…Ask your butler for some lunchtime suggestions for port days…With prior discussion they can often offer you something not on any menu…

Love your idea of Grand Marnier with champers to make a  grand mimosa!!! On cruises where we intend to crash out more we will ask our butler to add items to the bar set up including sliced lemon and olives. Never a problem. We also tend to ask for a real fruit bowl rather than the usual lonely apples on a plate. Nicee to garnish drinks with.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

Thanks @chemmo! You're CC postings were greatly used while researching our move to the suite life🥂

When I spoke to the Shore Side Concierge I requested limes so we could garnish our Tanqueray and Diet Tonics.

I'll be sure to follow your suggestions about talking with our butler about lunch suggestions. I am hopping we will be able to do a few dinners in the suite or on the balcony. Of course we will discuss it way in advance so plans can be made accordingly.

Once you have a Grand Mimosa you'll never go back🥂

12 hours ago, groryjm said:

Darn I forgot the champagne stopper! We did bring a bottle of our Veuve and three bottles of our favorite Cava as our four allowed bottles of wine.

Good to know they replace the PJ!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Wishing you and DH a great cruise and will be interested to see how you think X compares to SD. Until COVID, our line of choice was SD, but now my DH would prefer to drive to the port rather than fly.

We have recently sailed on Apex in a Sky Suite and Edge in a Royal Suite and felt the service in The Retreat was similar to SD. And the extra room in both suites was wonderful, but the Royal Suite truly fabulous!

While we missed the feeling of being on our own yacht, the variety of activities and dining options was a plus for X.

Looking forward to following along. And love the tip about grand mimosas! 

Bon voyage!

Thanks @Mrs_Tiki!

We agree with your DH about being able to drive to the port instead of flying. DJ's DH has flown a bit this summer for work and none of his flights, all non-stops, have been delayed or cancelled.

I am hoping to find  as you did that the service in the Retreat is similar to SD. DH's only complaint about SD is the lay of balcony staterooms. While the outdoor public spaces are gorgeous sometimes you just want to be alone🤣

DH will miss the water toys like on SD but he survived a Trans Atlantic on SD without using water toys.

Enjoy the Grand Mimosa!