360 experience ?

CruisinFinsUp

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It's the number of minutes you wait for a drink ordered on the Medallion App. 😛

While sitting in the lobby and its coming from GS.

Or a truer timeline for getting the key lime dessert. Worth it but allow for time 

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Dunk said:

On early deck plans, there is a space labelled that just forward of Sabatini’s. It’s noted as “360 Restaurant”. 

I am sure it will be as big a success at Curtis Stone / Share.

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Just heard from a "friend".  It will be a dining experience in the space next to Sabatini's.

Actually, is it not more accurate to say they have carved space out of what would be Sabi's?  This means less space for a reasonable $25 meal and now likely to be something like $100.

12 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Where is the escape room on Sky? Was on Sky on my last two cruises and didn’t see one.

Deck 18, you access it through the Center Court. You needed to sign up at Passenger Services. I will note that we were in there in January of 2020, and I am not sure if they are still running it due to Covid as it was a small area.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Actually, is it not more accurate to say they have carved space out of what would be Sabi's?  This means less space for a reasonable $25 meal and now likely to be something like $100.

My guess is $180. Two people will cost….you do the math. 

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

48 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

My guess is $180. Two people will cost.you do the math. 

Where do you get this information?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

My guess is $180. Two people will cost….you do the math. 

9 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Where do you get this information?

Humor,

Name is 360. So two people can dine there for $360 or $180 each.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

New teaser is out …..

definitely pasta involved! 

I am going to guess it is some sort of new Chef's Table experience where the food is prepared right there,  like a tasting menu.  ETA:  Easily a $100(+) price point.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I am going to guess it is some sort of new Chef's Table experience where the food is prepared right there,  like a tasting menu.  ETA:  Easily a $100(+) price point.

One thing that is a given is that it will not enhance the cruise experience for the majority of passengers, but only for the wealthy who can afford expensive experiences that the rest of us cannot. More and more cruise lines are adding extra cost features while removing features that are included with the fare. Some newer ships have turned over 20% of their prime public areas to cater to high paying suite or extra cost "retreat" areas. And many older ships have had these areas converted during refurbishments for extra cost venues.

Rare is the ship where people can just sit in a lounge area and have a forward view from the ship, a great place to sit and have a drink while enjoying the view. That is now being reserved for the wealthy. For instance, there are no forward viewing lounges on most of the Princess ships which is included in the base fare. And even the fitness center no longer has that view on the newer ships. Now, one has to pay extra for time in the Sanctuary to enjoy that view. And if transiting through a scenic waterway such as Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm, Panama Canal, Suez Canal or the approach to Stockholm, the price is almost doubled! 

And even Virgin Cruise lines has designed their ships so that only high priced suites are aft cabins instead of affordable cabins, my favorite area to book a cabin. 

Sorry. End of rant. We now return you to your regularly scheduled topics. 

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I just love idle speculation, especially when the poster gets angry about it.

People have a right to their opinions without someone passing judgement on them. SMH. 

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

People have a right to their opinions without someone passing judgement on them like you just did., 

They do, but it is not judgement when they go on an anti-Princess rant with no basis in fact. Fact is no one posting here has any idea exactly what 360 is other than some new dining venue with pasta. No information on price or exclusivity. No reason to condemn it before the information is fully known. I am not in favor if it turns out to be a very high-priced dining venue that cuts a portion of the ship away from the regular cruisers. I hope Princess is not going the way Norwegian has in creating an exclusive area for those who can afford higher fares. I look at things like Club Class Dining, Suite Breakfast and the Sanctuary as small steps in that direction. Hopefully we are not headed into the bygone days when there were different classes on ships and never the twain shall meet.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

They do, but it is not judgement when they go on an anti-Princess rant with no basis in fact. Fact is no one posting here has any idea exactly what 360 is other than some new dining venue with pasta. No information on price or exclusivity. No reason to condemn it before the information is fully known. I am not in favor if it turns out to be a very high-priced dining venue that cuts a portion of the ship away from the regular cruisers. I hope Princess is not going the way Norwegian has in creating an exclusive area for those who can afford higher fares. I look at things like Club Class Dining, Suite Breakfast and the Sanctuary as small steps in that direction. Hopefully we are not headed into the bygone days when there were different classes on ships and never the twain shall meet.

There are plenty of facts in their comment. Many of the changes they speak about I have seen with my own two eyes. Ships that have areas converted for suite only people. Areas that used to be for everyone now being blocked off for high paying passengers. New ships being built with different areas for different classes of people. Some have expansive areas exclusively for the wealthy that are so walled off that they never have to come into contact with us peasants. 

A person voicing their opinion of what is changing in the cruise industry, especially Princess on this forum, seems to be exactly what Cruise Critic is all about - sharing opinions. And you seem to agree on some of those points, so not sure why you think they are "angry" and you aren't? Your opinions are no more valid than that poster, yet you seem to think that yours are somehow fine but theirs aren't.

I just don't get it!

Edited by PTMary

Trying to put the pieces together...my best guess is this is an immersive dining experience.   It is a round dining room with screen surrounding it, guests sit in a circle and it is immersive visually on the screens and projection to match the dining courses (think the immersive art exhibits like the Van Gogh one traveling around now).  It is not exactly a brand new concept, but close.  Based on the second teaser and its location in Sabatini's, I would also guess it is a tour of regional dishes of Italy tied to the visuals.  I would try it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

Trying to put the pieces together...my best guess is this is an immersive dining experience.   It is a round dining room with screen surrounding it, guests sit in a circle and it is immersive visually on the screens and projection to match the dining courses (think the immersive art exhibits like the Van Gogh one traveling around now).  It is not exactly a brand new concept, but close.  Based on the second teaser and its location in Sabatini's, I would also guess it is a tour of regional dishes of Italy tied to the visuals.  I would try it.

As said before, very similar to other 360 experiences when you search on Youtube (see screencap below)

Which could be done in the round area within Sabatinis (screencap from an early Enchanted Princess ship tour)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We got off the Discovery last weekend and, during our last Suite breakfast, I quizzed the staff in Sabatini's about 360. It is an immersive food experience which will be held in the circular room behind the dark double doors in the pic below.  Apparently all the menus have now been confirmed and they are planning to hold trials later this month. There is still some tech that needs to be setup however!

PXL_20221001_144937878_2.thumb.jpg.9942879c91e0eb97771315203c645c43.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1