Voyager/ Adventure Swap

We were caught up in this due to the fact that we were booked for a August 23 sailing out of Galveston on Adventure. How does Voyager compare to Liberty, Navigator or Adventure. We had not been on Adventure and had the Royal Suite booked. Just wanted to know if this ship is comparable to the rest. It's the wife's 60th B-day and wanted something extra nice.

As far as I can tell, Voyager has been "amplified," whereas Adventure has not yet, so Voyager may have what some people view as enhancements. The really nice fitness center that the Voyager-class ships were built with is now gone on Voyager, so there is no complimentary sauna or steam room anymore, and the fitness center is much smaller and not as well located. 

Adventure of the Seas vs Voyager of the Seas. Both ships are identical in size.

Adventure is the newer ship. Built 2001 refurbished 2018 Passenger 3835

Voyager is the older of the two. Built 1999 refurbished 2014 Passengers 3114

Here is the update on the Amplified version.

US$97 million, 41-day transformation, Royal Caribbean International’s amplified Voyager of the Seas New additions include first-to-market experiences and amenities, such as The Perfect Storm duo of three-story racer waterslides and glow-in-the-dark laser tag with Battle for Planet Z. Debuting alongside this lineup is the reinvigorated Vitality Spa and Fitness Centerredesigned kids and teens spaces as well as 72 new inside and balcony staterooms. Guests can also look forward to the new Royal Caribbean International mobile app, which will deliver a more seamless holiday experience. Through the app, travellers will be able to check in for their cruise, view their onboard expenses as well as make and manage reservations for onboard activities, dining, shows and shore excursions, among other features.  

1 minute ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Which we will loose in the swap process 😞

We lost our beautiful aft balcony, which is the only reason we picked that particular sailing. ☹️ Not sure how since the same room exists on both ship. No one can give me an answer as to why those folks who were already booked weren’t given first dibs on keeping their same room. 

1 minute ago, monorail81 said:

We lost our beautiful aft balcony, which is the only reason we picked that particular sailing. ☹️ Not sure how since the same room exists on both ship. No one can give me an answer as to why those folks who were already booked weren’t given first dibs on keeping their same room. 

It's so aggravating!  Their process for swapping ships is terrible.  We had a two-bedroom grand suite on the Allure that was changed to a jr. suite on the Wonder.  

When I logged in this morning to the cruise planner, it now shows Adventure of the Seas (yesterday it was still showing the Voyager cancelled).  They kept us in the same room.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

It's so aggravating!  Their process for swapping ships is terrible.  We had a two-bedroom grand suite on the Allure that was changed to a jr. suite on the Wonder.  

That is NOT like-for-like. I was at least still put in another jr. suite. Just not the one on 10. And no one can tell me WHY that room wasn’t available anymore. So frustrating. 

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

When I logged in this morning to the cruise planner, it now shows Adventure of the Seas (yesterday it was still showing the Voyager cancelled).  They kept us in the same room.

What kind of room do you have?

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

3 out of 11 reservations moved over.  Funny thing is on the same sailing one moved and one not.

So far 3 for 3 in keeping the exact same room

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

What kind of room do you have?

A promenade interior so an easy category to transfer over with still a lot of rooms available for booking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buster-minx said:

We are on the July 22, 2023 Western Caribbean cruise and were switched from Voyager to Adventure and this morning our account was updated and we kept the same room.  We have a Grand Suite-1 Bedroom.  

That cruise appeared for booking pretty quickly.  Still waiting for the Eastern Caribbean cruises next summer to show up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, prmssk said:

Thanks for the update. Exact same for us - showed cancelled yesterday and today we have same exact room we had on Voyager

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Me too, I was in 1108

ditto;  we had 1108 and 1110 booked;  i'm sure the swap is still a work in progress but in the cruise planner we are now on a five day on the voyager but out of Galveston 

32 minutes ago, daninwi said:

ditto;  we had 1108 and 1110 booked;  i'm sure the swap is still a work in progress but in the cruise planner we are now on a five day on the voyager but out of Galveston 

Yes us too for the July 1, 2023 sailing.  Surprised people with later sailings have already been moved.

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Apparently they are not moving the bookings in date order.  My December 2023 Voyager has not been changed yet

There is no order.  2 clients on the Dec 30 sailing...one has been moved the other hasn't.

Only Dec 30 then Jan and Feb sailings moved so far for me.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is no order.  2 clients on the Dec 30 sailing...one has been moved the other hasn't.

Only Dec 30 then Jan and Feb sailings moved so far for me.

Yeah and then there are some on sale for the AD and some not  Oh Well have plenty of time

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Yeah and then there are some on sale for the AD and some not  Oh Well have plenty of time

On a positive note.  The ones that have already been moved for me received the exact same cabins.  Others who were not moved with the corresponding AD on sale I checked when they were first opened and their cabins were not available so it looks like they held back the already booked cabins.

• Like 1