Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

1 hour ago, cruise_co said:

Forgive the dumb question as I am pretty much a newbie to cruising having only been on 3. So both Utopia and Allure will be doing the same itinerary next fall?  One from PC and one from Miami?  I am currently booked on Allure B2B 3/4 days next September.  As long as I won't have to sign over my right arm and leg, I might have to look into eating any change fees next month.

It might be both arms, both legs and a spouse's leg to make the switch.  Stay tuned, but the expectation is that Utopia being brand new vs. Allure, being the 2nd in this class and more than 10 years old, will have a large price discrepancy between them.  

• Haha 1

Wow...Australia now "TBD" after being pushed back to week of May 1st?   Geezz...I have been hearing the same lip from Next Cruise for months now.  At first it was supposed to be in November...then December...then January.  Now...who knows.  

I got tired of waiting for the Aussie adventure to open, plus have already had two cancelled on us.  One due to Covid, and then when that one was rescheduled...it was cancelled again...  just on an RCI whim, (Radiance yanked out to NO).   

Viking...now has our business.  RCI...you lose $$$.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...Australia now "TBD" after being pushed back to week of May 1st?   Geezz...I have been hearing the same lip from Next Cruise for months now.  At first it was supposed to be in November...then December...then January.  Now...who knows.  

I got tired of waiting for the Aussie adventure to open, plus have already had two cancelled on us.  One due to Covid, and then when that one was rescheduled...it was cancelled again...  just on an RCI whim, (Radiance yanked out to NO).   

Viking...now has our business.  RCI...you lose $$$.  

Australia was released

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Wasn't Asia to be on the booking schedule this week?

China I would say is mostly released already. Except for knowing individual itineraries, they are out. 

Singapore was never going to come out until late July. 

Australia is also fully out. 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Can anyone see Singapore to Brisbane 2024  on Quantum for sale? 

I can’t see it on Royal.

One of the travel agents claims she has cabins for sale. 

Just tried, I can't see anything as of yet. Also strangely, November 2024 is a selectable option on the calendar. Just that month, comes up with nothing momentarily though. I wonder if they're testing some new itineraries.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Australia was released

Thanks....must have just happened...but I see the selection is really limited.   I wanted the  circumnavigation of Australia like I had before...not 3/4 night or 7/10 night.  Ovation listed as TP but too late in the season.  

I have Viking booked 30 days circumnavigation and then a 15 night NZ cruise added on.   I am happier with that.  But indeed, thanks again.  🙂 

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

I can’t see it on Royal.

It's on the US site now. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, Ethanol95 said:

That's why Allure should have come to SG instead of Anthem! Haha

Love Allure as it hadn’t been ruined with that silly slide. And it still has the Champagne bar I believe. Just leave one ship as it should be… they don’t have to be carbon copies of each other! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

I can’t see it on Royal.

Some of the agents have it and prices are good 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 1:48 PM, little britain said:

Love Allure as it hadn’t been ruined with that silly slide. And it still has the Champagne bar I believe. Just leave one ship as it should be… they don’t have to be carbon copies of each other! 🤷‍♀️

I agree about the carbon copy bit. It would be nice for an Allure amp to include different features than her sisters. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I find it hard to believe Singapore won’t have a Royal Caribbean ship for 6 months.

There must be another ship to fill the gap .

They have no more ships left, so this coming season is probably true. We've been a partial deployment destination for a long time in the past, I think they could definitely afford to do it again 

13 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

They have no more ships left, so this coming season is probably true. We've been a partial deployment destination for a long time in the past, I think they could definitely afford to do it again 

Thinking that Sydney has only one ship from November 24 till March 25 which doesn’t make sense and that one ship ,Ovation is selling out fast.

There could be another ship to move to Singapore in March and then to Sydney or Melbourne in November.

A vision class ?,or a voyager class ,possibly Adventure?

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Thinking that Sydney has only one ship from November 24 till March 25 which doesn’t make sense and that one ship ,Ovation is selling out fast.

There could be another ship to move to Singapore in March and then to Sydney or Melbourne in November.

A vision class ?,or a voyager class ,possibly Adventure?

Is there any ship in RCL's fleet that currently has no deployment for that time frame? 

And if they were going to announce a ship for the earlier part of the season, they would have announced it with Anthem's announcement as it is a sooner period. 

Edited by Ethanol95

1 minute ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is there any ship in RCL's fleet that currently has no deployment for that time frame? 

I don’t know but it hasn’t bothered RC to cancel a deployment in the past.
Especially in a saturated market like Florida.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That is true. We will have to wait and see. If what you suggest could be right, we should expect an announcement in the next few months. Of course, I highly doubt that they would cancel their plans for ship in Florida, if they have already run the numbers including the new builds that will enter the market in the coming years.

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

I feel like we are trying to build a puzzle but someone (Royal) like a playful younger sibling has hidden some the puzzle pieces.  Until they dump the missing puzzle pieces onto the table... 

The thing is, the puzzle should have been completed. But now we might have a larger puzzle then anticipated than when we started putting it all together.

Edited by Ethanol95

Just now, Ethanol95 said:

The thing is, the puzzle should have been completed, but now we might have a larger puzzle than anticipated when we started putting it all together

That's exactly what my older brother used to say when he realized some of the pieces might be missing.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Chilli it all gets down to money.

I am like you and think the same why only one in Sydney 24/25. 
Florida is crowded with Royal ships. 

How many drink packages are they really selling on Australian cruises?  It might be no where as high as we think. 

Don't forget Royal owns Celebrity and they do have 2 ships in Sydney if you count Celebrity Edge. But that number has been as high as 4 ships. Edge and Ovation certainly would have around the same passenger numbers combined as Explorer,Voyager, Radiance and Solstice combined . 

3 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli it all gets down to money.

Yep ,they are in business to make money for the shareholders but ovation is getting a premium price in Sydney.

A friend said to me to jump across to Carnival as the prices are a third of Ovation and showed me . They are much cheaper, so I don’t think it’s not a question of profit.

Odd we have only one ship in Sydney for the 24-25 season,Let’s see what happens.

• Like 1