Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Just out of Captain's Corner on Anthem. I asked where she is going after her summer 2024 season and he confirmed Singapore but said he couldn't say any more than that for the moment.

As i have been saying all along. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

It has always confused me as to why they have chosen to base Anthem in Singapore, since Quantum has already had a partial conversion to suit the Asian market (e.g. Signage and Restaurants - Noodle Bar). To me it would make more sense for Royal to have Anthem do Alaska/Australia and Quantum back in Singapore. 

If China is open, they will send 2 Quantum classes to China, Spectrum, and probably Quantum to HK and Tianjin/Shanghai. Anthem is better suited to Singapore than Anthem would be for the Chinese market. 

This likely could be seasonal sailing between China and Australia, or just China.. Who knows..

21 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

If China is open, they will send 2 Quantum classes to China, Spectrum, and probably Quantum to HK and Tianjin/Shanghai. Anthem is better suited to Singapore than Anthem would be for the Chinese market. 

This likely could be seasonal sailing between China and Australia, or just China.. Who knows..

I continue to hope RCI will again someday have one of our favorite itineraries Singapore-Shanghai.

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

I continue to hope RCI will again someday have one of our favorite itineraries Singapore-Shanghai.

I think you'll have to wait a bit longer. Due to its preferred popularity, they'll probably reinstate Tianjin first as a homeport before Shanghai. And you'll only get this itinerary if it's repositioning to Singapore, which should only occur once. 

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

I think you'll have to wait a bit longer. Due to its preferred popularity, they'll probably reinstate Tianjin first as a homeport before Shanghai. And you'll only get this itinerary if it's repositioning to Singapore, which should only occur once. 

Yes, we did the Quantum 12N Beijing (Tianjin) - Singapore repositioning in Oct 2019 and it was wonderful! The ports were Fukuoka, Taipei, Hong Kong,  Hue Danang, Ho Chi Minh. Would love to do this/similar itinerary again.!

On 4/20/2023 at 6:34 AM, twangster said:

On the other hand Bayley has made statements before that never come to fruition.  He loves to play this game.

I'll believe it when the deployment team announces her itineraries.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:42 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They even went as far as to edit that part out when you listen to the taped event.

Pretty much confirms Utopia to Port Canaveral taking over the short itineraries from Allure

On 4/20/2023 at 4:51 PM, molly361 said:

I guess Bayley gave no timeline on when any info on  Utopia and/or it's bookings will start?

https://thenassauguardian.com/new-royal-caribbean-ship-will-feature-all-bahamas-itinerary/?fbclid=IwAR0Qr0-Tgm_L2KjuqzH98NFn0Rw5ordTMMiZat5K_WkiapJAAFXcwjUqVB0

I saw this while messing around online.... It certainly does not say it will be doing 3/4 cruises, but it does say Schneider said it will be all Bahamian. It alludes to short cruises, but does not come out and say it.

Personally, I want 3/4 day Utopia PDCC cruises... specifically 3 day cruises.

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 1

Just now, Mikew0805 said:

I saw this while messing around online.... It certainly does not say it will be doing 3/4 cruises, but it does say Schneider said it will be all Bahamian. It alludes to short cruises, but does not come out and say it.

Personally, I want 3/4 day Utopia PDCC cruises... specifically... 3 day cruises.

Reports that today Vicki Freed made a reference to Utopia coming in July 2024.

When does Allure leave PCN? 🙂

• Like 1

Someone posted on one of these threads a schedule showing the Icon is scheduled to leave Cadiz for PC on 6/23/24.  Since the Icon will already be sailing they must have meant Utopia.  That would bring her to PC early July 2024

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Oz 24/25 now opened for booking! 

Thanks; Sydney prices seem to be a bit higher than Brisbane. 

I see the repo from Singapore is not released yet.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

And is it then Anthem to Singapore ?

I was on Anthem last week and asked at Captain's Corner. He said Anthem is going to Singapore but couldn't give any further details at that time, so I don't know when she will head there and if there will be a repo. She also has to fit in a dry dock at some point after the summer 2024 season.

Just now, FionaMG said:

I was on Anthem last week and asked at Captain's Corner. He said Anthem is going to Singapore but couldn't give any further details at that time, so I don't know when she will head there and if there will be a repo. She also has to fit in a dry dock at some point after the summer 2024 season.

We are on Anthem TA in April 2024, and she will be sailing in Europe for the season -- I suppose not until after that at the earliest.

58 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Maybe this links into from Cruise Industry News.

“All the signals point to a China restart for Royal Caribbean Group in 2024, according to executives speaking on the company’s first quarter earnings call on Thursday.

“We still have some work to do, but we’ve now started to rebuild our sales organization in China, and we expect, hopefully, by late spring, early summer (2024) to be back operating out of China,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International.

Bayley said that pre-pandemic, the brand was the number one brand in China by volume, having built up a significant business over the years.

The company had sent new ships to China, including the Spectrum of the Seas in 2019, and had planned for the Oasis-class Wonder to homeport out of China year-round prior to the pandemic.

“Our expectation is that this market will return to how it was pre-pandemic. The value of a Chinese customer is very high. When you look at the net revenue from a Chinese consumer. It’s typically around the same level as an American and slightly higher. So, we see that returning,” Bayley said. “The spend changes somewhat in terms of onboard spending. They skew differently in different areas. But overall, the aggregate of their spend is very high.””

19 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We are on Anthem TA in April 2024, and she will be sailing in Europe for the season -- I suppose not until after that at the earliest.

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. After her summer 2024 season in Europe.