Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

Was curios how full the ship was with 2,060 Passengers

When I googled it says full capacity is 2,218 but when I looked at the Fleet Guide for the Revolution and the Maximum Guest Legal capacity is 2,599 (if every cabin and maximum capacity) 

image.thumb.png.2966c86d8f62aa5c0706dc0bb1381449.png

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the MDR menus .  They appear to have the same offerings as our May cruise this year.  But a lot different than precovid.  I wonder if they'll be the same next May when we're on the Summit again.  

P.s.  we learned about ordering off the children's menu from one of your live reports several years ago.  It worked out great for us in May.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Amuse Bouche. watermelon, Goat cheese and Balsamic 

ED07C9E9-EAC9-4BF1-A667-37400C4B638B.thumb.jpeg.4877bcbe4f1ef38ed976f978229157bd.jpeg

Sea Food Veloute like many soups come out with a two part presentation 

9A9D37AF-E951-4094-8B4C-4DEC65385AB3.thumb.jpeg.87015a2afb401e4024c0fb19579e82b8.jpeg

4DD8055A-81FB-4ABC-9A17-53AD22391CD1.thumb.jpeg.7153010cd1afca4f07361d061be011a0.jpeg

Main Course

Iain had the Guinea Hen (which is actually Cornish Game Hen)

A4AA0716-2574-4125-A93D-B02826217C81.thumb.jpeg.926713442c1bce8d7351e0fd3a130b73.jpeg

I had the Rigatoni. 

B7C8D47A-E1CC-44E1-A98E-5C8D2F5C7E18.thumb.jpeg.f346fe78748ca52619e0c2d95e499e0c.jpeg

If the eggplant entree comes around again, try it! We got a small portion as a side dish and liked it so much we asked for (and received) the recipe. 

17 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I thought the same thing about the prime rib, and I prefer mine pretty rare, but that one’s blue!

Making a note about Wolfville. We are going on 2 cruises in 2023 that cover different parts of Jim and Iain itinerary and sadly, I think we will miss Nova Scotia - road trip!

I don’t want to derail this thread but...A road trip is the answer! 🚗👍🏻

Feel free to message me if I can offer you any thoughts on NS from a  tourists perspective.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Desert - my favorite part of a meal. 

6D63DFA0-5B3B-460A-B4AA-92BB65F9530B.thumb.jpeg.09bc4cc78375bc53217a9b3802788b2a.jpeg

2032BEE1-1CEA-4268-BCE4-7B6E6B35567B.thumb.jpeg.f46a7605da7f56e8399e9c383ab78bb0.jpeg

Iain had the Pear Clatofuis 

F5F79466-4BC6-4CED-8A7C-198925006C5D.thumb.jpeg.ccc81dfbc19283ba3e518a0a392faff3.jpeg

I had the Olive Oil Custard - sounds terrible but delicious. 

800F8D00-13F9-41C3-B98D-1910F0E7F175.thumb.jpeg.6e38936cefe181b6f72467f14985d83b.jpeg

My husband ordered cornish game hen on time, not really knowing what it was. When it was served, he looked at it and said "I can't eat Tweety Bird" and ordered something else.

Laura

• Haha 12

@Jim_Iain, Thank you, as always, for your wonderful posts, pictures and observations. It's getting me VERY excited for our upcoming sailing, and making me look at your itinerary for a future trip.

One silly technical question I'm wondering if you can answer: in ArriveCAN, is it the case that we only need to enter information for your first port of call where we enter Canada, and not all ports of call in the country? This is being debated here on CC and in Facebook forums, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere, including the ArriveCAN website or otherwise on the interwebz, oddly. 

We only had one port stop in Canada during our Alaska cruise last May, so the question never came up.

If you haven't had to address this, no worries. Just thought you might know, whereas you're making at least 2 stops in Canada.

Thanks for any info. 

14 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

offers suggestions

Late to the game, appreciate the list, I have read quite a few of them and always looking for more. My suggestion in Joe Pickett series by C J Box, Joe a game warden and gets involved in murders etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

@Jim_Iain, Thank you, as always, for your wonderful posts, pictures and observations. It's getting me VERY excited for our upcoming sailing, and making me look at your itinerary for a future trip.

One silly technical question I'm wondering if you can answer: in ArriveCAN, is it the case that we only need to enter information for your first port of call where we enter Canada, and not all ports of call in the country? This is being debated here on CC and in Facebook forums, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere, including the ArriveCAN website or otherwise on the interwebz, oddly. 

We only had one port stop in Canada during our Alaska cruise last May, so the question never came up.

If you haven't had to address this, no worries. Just thought you might know, whereas you're making at least 2 stops in Canada.

Thanks for any info. 

I don’t know if this helps but…when we returned from our cruise in July we had to identify from a drop down menu all the island/countries we had visited on our trip prior to returning home. Very simple process, but annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, woldridge said:

As a person in that line, the reason was the drink packages were not on the sea pass cards so, after checking that one has the package, a sticker was applied to the sea pass card. When I was in line that was why everyone was there.

As I am new to Celebrity, I was curious… Aside from the sticker that they applied to your cruise card to indicate your drinks package, is there an indication that should normally appear on your cruise card to show you have paid for this?

Jim, 

If you consider this question too personal please don't answer.  I was wondering, with you and Iain being away for so many days, how do you handle monthly bills at home?   Do you have on-line banking?  I've always wanted to do a long term cruise but just haven't figured out how to handle the day-to-day rigors of homelife. 🙃

7 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Jim, 

If you consider this question too personal please don't answer.  I was wondering, with you and Iain being away for so many days, how do you handle monthly bills at home?   Do you have on-line banking?  I've always wanted to do a long term cruise but just haven't figured out how to handle the day-to-day rigors of homelife. 🙃

Auto billing paying is your friend. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dynagirl said:

As I am new to Celebrity, I was curious… Aside from the sticker that they applied to your cruise card to indicate your drinks package, is there an indication that should normally appear on your cruise card to show you have paid for this?

If you have a drink package, your card should have either CALL (classic) or PALL (Premium) on it. Those notations should also be on your Express Pass.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Thanks for posting the MDR menus .  They appear to have the same offerings as our May cruise this year.  But a lot different than precovid.  I wonder if they'll be the same next May when we're on the Summit again.  

P.s.  we learned about ordering off the children's menu from one of your live reports several years ago.  It worked out great for us in May.  Thank you!

I believe they will be same.  They have a 14 day rotation and usually start each cruise with Menu 1. 

We haven’t used children’s yet but if I recall there are a couple menus that aren’t real appealing to us.    Strange Thing we noticed was they had Lamb 2 nights in a row. 

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

If the eggplant entree comes around again, try it! We got a small portion as a side dish and liked it so much we asked for (and received) the recipe. 

I will love it.  I believe they have an eggplant Parmesan on night that is really good.  

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Hope you are having a great cruise!  We enjoy following your posts.  We are wondering where the Edge is going after AUS/NZ in Apr 2024.  Those of us on the last published Edge sailing will miss all (Celebrity, RCL, Princess, HAL, etc) the currently scheduled Trans Pacific cruises returning to the North America.  If you have the opportunity to ask on board, we would appreciate it 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Thanks for any info. 

I am by no means an export but we are 2nd Canadian port today and didn’t report anything since I submitted pre-cruise.  

I’ll know for sure on the Third Cruise as almost all stops are in 🇨🇦 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

That menu looks like the contents of my luggage after returning home from a cruise. 😂

I thought the same.  Maybe a guest in MDR crumpled it up and tossed it on the ground, saying what garbage.

We usually select something from MDR menu every night. 

• Haha 2