!st timer with room service question (amongst others)

Speedbird01

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Let me try 1 more time as I'm back onboard in about 3 weeks: it can be ordered as (you) sit down for lunch for a "special delivery" .... so you have had it delivered to the MDR?? 

NO- Not to the dining room. I don't believe they deliver it to the DR's.

I ordered it when we sat outside of the buffet on deck 16 aft a number of times. It always took around 20-30 minutes to arrive. Lunchtime is always busy. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

NO- Not to the dining room. I don't believe they deliver it to the DR's.

I ordered it when we sat outside of the buffet on deck 16 aft a number of times. It always took around 20-30 minutes to arrive. Lunchtime is always busy. 

Ok. Got it. I'm satisfied with the gelato selection so will stick with it 

On 8/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I have also written in hot breakfast items like ham & cheese omelets, hash browns, bacon, sausage, etc. on the door tag and they arrive just as requested.  Although you don't have to, but we do tip extra when we ask for things that are not even offered on the menu.  

Yes. Write in your special requests. I don't understand the point of the additional tip. I 'm sure the delivery person has nothing to do with the preparation of the breakfast.

29 minutes ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

Yes. Write in your special requests. I don't understand the point of the additional tip. I 'm sure the delivery person has nothing to do with the preparation of the breakfast.

Isn't that generally true of the pizza or Chinese delivery person as well?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I have also written in hot breakfast items like ham & cheese omelets, hash browns, bacon, sausage, etc. on the door tag and they arrive just as requested.  Although you don't have to, but we do tip extra when we ask for things that are not even offered on the menu.  

Was the omelet any good? What kind of sausage did you get?

1 hour ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

I believe he/she has to go to another area to get retrieve your order instead of just getting the food from the room service pantry.  

I don't like Omelettes on Princess because they are made with the pre-prepared liquid eggs.

Unless that has changed.

I have heard many times that people have NOT been able to get hot non-listed breakfast items like eggs and meats when they write them on the breakfast card.

I am seeing breakfast mentioned here.  Is this still true that the breakfast menu is limited?

It was usually like coffee, tea, croissants or pastries, yogurt.  That kind of thing.

33 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

If a steward did go out of their way to make sure that we got extra write=in items, then I think that is def. tip worthy!

Generally, I don't think your cabin steward is involved in the process at all.

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Was the omelet any good? What kind of sausage did you get?

I thought the omelet was good and the sausage were pork links I believe.  I would prefer all sorts of veggies in my omelet but I feel like a list of items in my omelet might be pushing the limit. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 6:30 PM, Thrak said:

We made used of Room Service on our May cruise on Royal Princess. We ordered from the TV and it was surprisingly easy. Anything with a charge plainly showed the cost. Obviously alcoholic beverages showed a cost but, as we had Princess Plus, we were not charged. Delivery was surprisingly fast. One order wasn't done right - my wife ordered a Latte, Kahlua, and Bailey's. She received 2 Bailey's and a Kahlua. We just laughed and I proceeded to order her Latte and something else for myself. Both times it showed up quickly.

The only other weird quirk we had with Medallion ordering (aside from the poor waiters standing around being embarrassed as they waited for the stupid system to work) was when I ordered a drink on Lido deck. We had a couple of days of nasty weather. I went up on Lido deck and it was cold and windy. I ordered a double Bulleit straight up at the Sea Walk Bar. The bartender gave it to me and I drank it. The weather was pretty nasty so I went back to the cabin. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door and a waiter delivered my drink. The same drink I had already consumed up on Lido deck. D'Oh! I just laughed about it and accepted the drink. With Princess Plus it didn't cost me any extra but it was definitely a weird Medallion glitch. The good news is that they really did track me down and deliver it to where I was.

When you order a double of any alcoholic drink is it considered 2 drinks?

29 minutes ago, Marlster said:

When you order a double of any alcoholic drink is it considered 2 drinks?

Yep. I do it most of the time. Bulleit, double, straight up. I do order other drinks but this is my "go to" drink. A single is just so pathetic sitting there in that big glass although, on our last cruise, the bartender at Good Spirits poured me a single "shot" each morning as I walked up. (It was my morning "back medicine".) I just wish they had Bulleit Rye. I like Rye but Princess seems to only carry one Rye and it just doesn't float my boat. (The Bullet Bourbon is a "high rye" bourbon.)

42 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes

DW likes vodka on the rocks.  If she orders that, she gets one paltry shot of vodka in a rock glass.  Someone on Cruise Critic suggested asking for a vodka martini on the rocks and hold the vermouth.  She gets a much larger serving of vodka that way without being charged for a double.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel A said:

DW likes vodka on the rocks.  If she orders that, she gets one paltry shot of vodka in a rock glass.  Someone on Cruise Critic suggested asking for a vodka martini on the rocks and hold the vermouth.  She gets a much larger serving of vodka that way without being charged for a double.

Smart!!  My neighbor drinks martinis exactly like that when we go out.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

That is brilliant!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That is brilliant!

She also found it works at local restaurant bars.  But I can't take credit, someone else on CC suggested it.  🤷‍♂️

P.S. I'm glad you got a good tip from me; I will always remember your suggestion about the Prosecco and OJ in the disembarkation lounge.  It gives us a little lift on a sad day...😢 - 🥂🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

She also found it works at local restaurant bars.  But I can't take credit, someone else on CC suggested it.  🤷‍♂️

P.S. I'm glad you got a good tip from me; I will always remember your suggestion about the Prosecco and OJ in the disembarkation lounge.  It gives us a little lift on a sad day...😢 - 🥂🙂

Sadly, they seem to have discontinued the small bottles of Korbel. I missed that on our last cruise. I wonder if one can order Mimosas on the package on disembarkation day. It would be great if they could be ordered on the app and delivered to the disembarkation lounge

Edited by Thrak

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sadly, they seem to have discontinued the small bottles of Korbel. I missed that on our last cruise. I wonder if one can order Mimosas on the package on disembarkation day. It would be great if they could be ordered on the app and delivered to the disembarkation lounge

Since we aren't wine drinkers, we bring our own 3 or 4 pack of Prosecco on board with us and save them for disembarkation day.  It's merely Italian Champagne and once it's in a Mimosa you really can't tell the difference.

• Like 2