WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

On 8/16/2022 at 8:33 AM, island lady said:

OMG...what is the big deal?   If you want to wear your pin...wear it.  If you don't...don't.   

Is there something wrong with choice?  

If it gives others a sense of anxiety...why?   Live and let live.  Sheezz....  😏  Get over it.  

I agree.

folks wear their favorite team shirts and also logos of their college.

I mean what we choose to wear should makes each of us happy 

• Like 2

We had a Carnival Mardi Gras cruise booked for this coming January and cancelled it when I discovered we were only one 7-night cruise away from attaining Diamond Plus. Changed it to Royal instead. We would have reached Diamond Plus sometime in 2020 had the pandemic not come about. But once we reach Diamond Plus, that'll be it for us... we'll never reach Pinnacle, which is fine. The way I look at it is, at least Diamond Plus is attainable so I do want to get there... but I know Pinnacle is not attainable for us (we only cruise two times per year max, and we don't cruise in suites, so it's slow going up the loyalty levels for us) so I know I won't have to worry about getting there. But I do want to get to the level I know we can get to.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I agree.

folks wear their favorite team shirts and also logos of their college.

I mean what we choose to wear should makes each of us happy 

Exactly.....thank you.   🙂

After all...it's my most expensive piece of jewelry.  😄 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NCMtnBoys said:

We had a Carnival Mardi Gras cruise booked for this coming January and cancelled it when I discovered we were only one 7-night cruise away from attaining Diamond Plus. Changed it to Royal instead. We would have reached Diamond Plus sometime in 2020 had the pandemic not come about. But once we reach Diamond Plus, that'll be it for us... we'll never reach Pinnacle, which is fine. The way I look at it is, at least Diamond Plus is attainable so I do want to get there... but I know Pinnacle is not attainable for us (we only cruise two times per year max, and we don't cruise in suites, so it's slow going up the loyalty levels for us) so I know I won't have to worry about getting there. But I do want to get to the level I know we can get to.

Exactly what we did, before we retired.   And said exactly the same thing.  "Wow...made D+, but will never make Pinnacle".  

Until I learned to never say never.  😉 

• Like 3

We never thought we would make Pinnacle. We actually made Platinum on Carnival and Platinum on NCL (now called Sapphire) before we made DP340 on Royal. But while stuck at home during Covid, I booked a lot of cruises and did a lot of Lift and Shifts. The double points promo brought us to Pinnace this year. It was quite an unexpected event.

• Like 1

Most cruise lines have frequent cruiser programs but, unless I am missing something, no cruise line offers benefits to frequent cruisers that are nearly as valuable as the benefits that are given to members of the Pinnacle Club. Pinnacles can book an ordinary stateroom and get nearly all of the perks that are provided to people who book the top suites (other than the star class suites). For example, Pinnacles are admitted to Coastal Kitchen but, even on sister cruise line Celebrity, there is no Captain's Club tier that can get a non-suite guest into Luminae. There are certainly no frequent cruiser benefits that can get a Norwegian cruiser in an ordinary room into Haven venues or a MSC cruiser into Yacht Club venues. It is hard to even imagine a frequent Cunard cruiser being admitted into Grill Class venues without booking a Grill Class stateroom.  The Pinnacle Club really is unique.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

We never thought we would make Pinnacle. We actually made Platinum on Carnival and Platinum on NCL (now called Sapphire) before we made DP340 on Royal. But while stuck at home during Covid, I booked a lot of cruises and did a lot of Lift and Shifts. The double points promo brought us to Pinnace this year. It was quite an unexpected event.

I never thought I'd make Pinnacle, but that double points thing with me already getting double points for being solo, and BOY did they add up this last year!  I'm not Pinnacle yet, but I'll be within striking distance in 2023. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, little britain said:

I had to be very careful not to buy one with upside down pineapple on the tee shirt though…. 😱 😬 🫣

google if you don’t know. 

i did not know until recently.

I mean really common words and symbols are taking on alternate meanings and if you do not get the notice, you are out of the loop.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Exactly.....thank you.   🙂

After all...it's my most expensive piece of jewelry.  😄 

I have my Diamond plus pin but since there is no real diamond, I will keep it home.

this fuss about status is interesting because we all have things in our lived we choose to achieve.

I know guys who want a high score on some game on line.  Pinnacle status deserves at least a "good job" comment.

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have my Diamond plus pin but since there is no real diamond, I will keep it home.

this fuss about status is interesting because we all have things in our lived we choose to achieve.

I know guys who want a high score on some game on line.  Pinnacle status deserves at least a "good job" comment.

I am just grateful for the generous perks.  🙂 

• Like 1