8/12/22 PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

LACruiser88

49 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

A 15 day Hawaii cruise would not require a pre-test.  I take the "trans-ocean" to mean full ocean crossings, not a round-trip from same port.  But, it is not real clear???

Not too sure about that.  It might be one of those special itineraries.  Problem is, on the longer trans ocean cruises, not close to a hospital or medical facility in case of an emergency.  We’ll have to see their explanations.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortunatefew said:

Some countries are excluded like Australia and New Zealand 

Down here the only testing that has been required is an unsupervised RAT test you can do at home. You just had to state that you'd done the test and had a negative result.😉😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winty said:

Great news. But does a 15 night Hawaii cruise from LA count ?? Anyone have an idea. I think the 15 nights seems to fit as it says 16 nights or over but what about the ‘trans-ocean’ part? Or does that mean going from one side of the ocean to another?  Cheers 

Yes no testing on the Hawaii cruises for the Fully Vaccinated.

1 hour ago, muffin said:

my hunch is the 16 days was chosen to allow for the Hawaiian trips to be included in the no test needed group.  

16 days was definitely done to allow Hawaii cruises, since it pretty much an all U.S. cruise except that stop in Southern Southern California and the Panama Canal Partial Transits are usually 17 days.

1 hour ago, cruise2relax said:

Trans-ocean the same as transatlanitc?  It is an odd choice of phrasing.

It means Transatlantic or Transpacific.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

16 days was definitely done to allow Hawaii cruises, since it pretty much an all U.S. cruise except that stop in Southern Southern California and the Panama Canal Partial Transits are usually 17 days.

It means Transatlantic or Transpacific.

Some in 2022 are 15 days. 2023/2024 are mostly 16 days.

2 hours ago, jc foster said:

This is clear as Mud to me .  Does vaccinated mean Fully Vaccinated or Up To Date ?

Very good question. My daughter has had two shots but isn't eligible for the booster for four months and our cruise is in mid-November.

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

This is why I think pre testing was a good thing is that you could have a higher likelihood Covid wasn’t being brought on and being spread 

Until our last cruise tour I would have agreed with you. My DH and I both tested negative to start the land portion and one week later tested negative the morning of embarkation (Saturday). The following day (Sunday) afternoon both of us tested positive. We are proof that your pre-cruise test can be negative but 1 day after boarding symptoms began and we moved to an isolation cabin for the rest of the cruise. We were treated very well and have no complaints about our time in isolation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Some in 2022 are 15 days. 2023/2024 are mostly 16 days.

I think all the LA & SF Hawaii cruises are 15 days in 2022, only the SD Hawaii is 16 days and in 2023, only I think only the Emerald Princess Hawaii cruises are 16 days.

19 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Very good question. My daughter has had two shots but isn't eligible for the booster for four months and our cruise is in mid-November.

Fully vaccinated means you have had all your initial series of vaccine or primary vaccine. at least 14 days before.  Up to date means you have had your booster shot WHEN eligible at least 7 days before.

It does explain what it means on the website.  This link was taken from US sailings.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I am wondering about our RT New York trip that has stops in Canada. Anyone have insight about Canada?

I don't think that will change unless the gov't regulations change.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

"To embark on a cruise ship that will start, dock or end in Canada, if you’re 12 years of age or older, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with very few exceptions."

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Fully vaccinated means you have had all your initial series of vaccine or primary vaccine. at least 14 days before.  Up to date means you have had your booster shot WHEN eligible at least 7 days before.

It does explain what it means on the website.  This link was taken from US sailings.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see more relaxation of protocols around the 1st of the year.  🤔

5 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Only for the US, all protocols remain in Canad ie fully Vax and rapid test 2 days before embarkation 

I wouldn't be surprised to see more relaxation of protocols around the 1st of the year.  🤔

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

A 15 day Hawaii cruise would not require a pre-test.  I take the "trans-ocean" to mean full ocean crossings, not a round-trip from same port.  But, it is not real clear???

4 hours ago, cruise2relax said:

Trans-ocean the same as transatlanitc?  It is an odd choice of phrasing.

Trans-ocean is a generic term so they didn't need to specify every ocean, as in transatlantic, transpacific, etc.

• Like 3