Dress Code

Caroldoll

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Fair enough. I failed to consider a third option. 

It's all about you. Got it.

He’s saying how hard is it to follow a simple dress code?  I’m guessing you probably follow said dress code and are simply pot stirring a bit here. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

22 hours ago, D C said:

I'm looking at it as grown adults being so self centered and petty that they're willing to rant and rave about something that most 3 year olds would see as no big deal by saying "why don't you just wear pants?"    it's a sadly pathetic reflection on people these days, being unwilling to follow a rule so simple because they want to do whatever they want on their vacation.  Frankly I don't care what anyone else wears.  Dress as fancy or as trashy as you want.  But if you're somehow thinking you're above the simple request of wearing pants, I'll be judging you for being the self-centered, disrespectful person you are.  🙂

Looking is free, touching is what costs ya. 

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's all on you. I'm listening. 😁

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

I wish we were married.  That way at least one person would listen to me.  😭

I’ve heard of shipboard romances, but is this the blooming of a CruiseCritic Romance?!?

I would say I’m listening to @zitsky also…..but I couldn’t afford getting ‘involved’!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’ve heard of shipboard romances, but is this the blooming of a CruiseCritic Romance?!?

I would say I’m listening to @zitsky also…..but I couldn’t afford getting ‘involved’!

Den

Just cook me a few dinners, open a bottle of wine, take me on a cruise and I’m all yours.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

What the hell did I get myself into!? 😂✌️

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Just cook me a few dinners, open a bottle of wine, take me on a cruise and I’m all yours.

I Had to add a ‘heart’ to that post!!  “We can work it out….we can work it out!”…..a song in my heart! 

Let’s see….$50 for dinner, OK…..$10 for the wine, got it…….$3,000 for a cruise……………aaaahh. Let’s just keep this post-tonic! 

Thankfully, a Certain Person doesn’t come on this forum! 

Den 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:52 AM, Caroldoll said:

It has been more than five years since we have been on Celebrity.  Are men allowed in the dining room in nice jeans?  Women?   We will comply with anything, but really would appreciate being brought up to speed.

Direct from Celebrity's Website

Formal Night gets a modern reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a short sleeve sport shirt.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:32 AM, DirtyDawg said:

I wear Kirkland. Very up and coming American designer. Way "Cic-i-er" than those pretentious Italian designers and they give you all of the jeans without parts ripped or missing! 😁

The Today show just had a piece on Costco Couture, so you're very in!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Now that puts a whole new meaning to the evening dress code. 😁

So is Lingerie acceptable in the MDR for formal night? Or only at the late seatings? Can my wife wear fishnets without garters?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

So is Lingerie acceptable in the MDR for formal night? Or only at the late seatings? Can my wife wear fishnets without garters?

It doesn’t say that lingerie is NOT allowed…..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mljatsea said:

The Today show just had a piece on Costco Couture, so you're very in!

Travolta wanted to dance wearing a toga in Saturday night Fever until I had a talk'n to him and white suit it was. 🕺 Pssst. and it came from K-Mart!

John Landis originally wanted a Disco party in Animal house until I stepped in and convinced him Belushi looked way better in a Toga!  😁

The next fashion trend on X - Togas in the MDR!! 

Edited by DirtyDawg