Did our Emed pre cruise test was easy peasy

4 hours ago, minnie00 said:

For those fretting....it was easy. Just wanted to let anyone know. 🙂

did you use a laptop or a phone?  Trying to figure out which one might be better for the camera usage. Thanks!

1 minute ago, psac said:

did you use a laptop or a phone?  Trying to figure out which one might be better for the camera usage. Thanks!

I find the phone easiest, easy to move around for scanning QR codes and showing your ID

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

We did ours last night, even 80 yo FIL could manage it. Best part- ALL NEGATIVE! WOOHOO this time tomorrow I am enjoying dinner on Adventure!

Are you allowed to assist your FIL while he is doing his test?  Answer questions and help with moving the phone/camera around etc

25 minutes ago, zebra said:

Are you allowed to assist your FIL while he is doing his test?  Answer questions and help with moving the phone/camera around etc

When we do Emed they never have a  problem us helping one another. 

UPDATE.....out of 4 tests one came out invalid....so off to Walgreens tomorrow for $128 test for one of the group. 😕

did anyone get a refund for an invalid test? 

Edited by minnie00

Just now, minnie00 said:

UPDATE.....out of 4 tests one came out invalid....so off to Walgreens tomorrow for $128 test for one of the group. 😕

Nope, Sorry. 10 Tests, 4 people never one invalid. Though I always bought few extra tests have on hand just incase

2 hours ago, psac said:

Personally our laptop worked very easily the last few times we've had to do the eMed tests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Yes, to some extent. He had to swab his nose himself, but I did the camera and put the swab in the test card cause he wasn't figuring that out on his own (I admit I had trouble the first time I did it). Also had keep him from answering his phone while waiting the 15 minutes. (MIL can wait a hot minute, he will call her back LOL) 

6 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

All the tests are easy until you get a corrupted test kit. Best to have a backup plan. 

Agreed. We each also did a lab test ( me and DH at Quest, FIL and DD at CVS) as backup. Have done tests for 5 cruises now, never had a corrupted one, but have always had a backup. That's just my OCD.

1 hour ago, minnie00 said:

I had an emed test I bought through Royal come back invalid too. Complete ripoff and money grab. OnPoint saved the day. 

Emed basically said they didn't care and weren't refunding anything. 

Edited by King10Sooted

1 hour ago, King10Sooted said:

I had an emed test I bought through Royal come back invalid too. Complete ripoff and money grab. OnPoint saved the day. 

Emed basically said they didn't care and weren't refunding anything. 

Oh on point yes…..new idea

15 hours ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Just to clarify. Are we talking 1 bad test out of a box of 3 or 6 depending on size? Or every test in the box being no good?

We had 4 tests - one per box…..1 test came up invalid 

We’ve ordered the 6 pack twice now.  In the first box, one test had no liquid in the tube.  Emed sent us another box of 6 because of it.  This was early though in late 2021. 

We always have extra available when we call and have not have trouble since.  My advice is to always have an extra 1 or 2 available.  

We have had our test results in our email almost immediately.

Hopefully pre testing will soon be over.  Next up a 5 night with NO testing.  Yay!