New Rules for Bermuda Cruise passengers. Aka this will affect my Beyond cruise in October

mfs2k

7 minutes ago, colliercruiser said:

The itinerary in the post I commented on didn't mention any other non-US port other than Bermuda.

OK. The thread is about the Beyond sailing in late October 2022 so I presumed we were talking about that cruise......

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:46 PM, takemewithyou said:

We have a cruise in May, 2023 that starts in Cape Liberty and stops in Martha’s Vineyard, Newport RI, Charleston and goes to BERMUDA on Day 6 of the cruise for 2 days and then back to Cape Liberty.  Wonder if Bermuda will have loosened the requirements by then or else our itinerary will probably undergo a change, too.

Heartbreaking Celebrity will be stopping on the Vineyard, another piece of paradise ruined😢

9 hours ago, Oville said:

Heartbreaking Celebrity will be stopping on the Vineyard, another piece of paradise ruined😢

Perhaps you should take up your displeasure with the Matha’s Vineyard officials who permitted this to begin with. 

If a store opens with a welcome sign, it’s not the customer’s fault if they walk inside. 

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

We can only hope!

Even though I absolutely LOVE Bermuda and have been well over a dozen times, I wouldn't be disappointed if the stop at Bermuda is canceled for our Summit Repo cruise next month, even though we were looking forward to our Rising Son Catamaran Excursion that we've booked.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Perhaps you should take up your displeasure with the Matha’s Vineyard officials who permitted this to begin with. 

If a store opens with a welcome sign, it’s not the customer’s fault if they walk inside. 

Those cruises look great.  Will be interesting to see where they tender in MV.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 9:58 PM, Oville said:

I know this is a Bermuda topic, but as another poster said, if the welcome sign is out, then come on in.  The Vineyard is a tender port, so I would imagine it will feel a lot like Bar Harbor - only bigger - the village of Oak Bluffs (I've been there, I'm sure you have been also since you're from The Cape)  is larger and definitely more bustling than Bar Harbor - and we have definitely not ruined Bar Harbor.  Here's a link to an article, PR for sure, but gives some facts.  https://cruiseradio.net/celebrity-cruises-return-marthas-vineyard/

My meager research turns up that the only other line that goes to the Vineyard is Regent - the Seven Seas Navigator - ultra luxury.  So if I am correct, only the Summit and this Regent ship go to MV.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:58 PM, Oville said:

So its OK to make stops in another country’s ports, but not locally……why cruise if someone thinks port calls ‘ruin’ where they call.

And yes, well aware of the ‘size’ of Vineyard area which I think is visited just a bit already. I guess we all just need to cruise back and forth to Cozumel. 

Den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

So its OK to make stops in another country’s ports, but not locally……why cruise if someone thinks port calls ‘ruin’ where they call.

And yes, well aware of the ‘size’ of Vineyard area which I think is visited just a bit already. I guess we all just need to cruise back and forth to Cozumel. 

Den

Actually the two cruises are in early May,  pretty much before tourist season so it should not be overly congested.  I agree with lexmiller on Oak Bluffs as it is already geared to day hop ferries.

As I said earlier, these cruises look great.  Fun fact about the Vineyard, no stop lights anywhere on the Island.

15 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Celebrity cancels all Transatlantic stops to Bermuda this fall.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/bermuda-cruise-call-cancellations-covid-rules/

I’m totally thrilled they did this for my upcoming TA in October.  We gained Ponta Delgada, Azores, which looks fantastic, really looking forward to it.  Bermuda is no loss for me because I’d of stayed on the ship, but it is a lo$$ for them.

44 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It would be nice if they would drop Bermuda from the summit repositioning cruise in October……

If that is the October 15 sailing it is listed now on the Travel Authorization website. Passengers on that sailing better get their applications in if they want to embark as at this late date it is unlikely Celebrity will drop Bermuda for that sailing and Celebrity has no reason to drop it as they won't have to do any testing.

Edited by Charles4515

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

They had better do some testing. I’m on back to back……

The only testing they’ll be doing is what is required by Bermuda because they port there two days after departure from there no further testing 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:35 PM, Charles4515 said:

I am just saying it does not matter whether you want to stop there are not stop there or others want to stop there. They have been stopping there all summer and there is no reason for them to not stop unlike the transatlantics. So based on on precident they will stop there. But you never know.

I believe the difference is that cruise being discussed isn't the normal Port Liberty to Bermuda but a re-position of the Canadian Cruise to Florida on 10/15  to begin the Winter cruise season.    It departs Boston and arrives Bermuda for 6 hours  on day 3 then two days at sea to San Lucia and a number of Caribbean Islands.

The requirements from Bermuda are that all passengers that have been vaccinated must be tested antigen  2 days prior to arrival  or 4 days if PCR.  which would require all passengers to be tested the day of departure which could be problematic unless they want to pay for the more expensive PCR.   This has to be uploaded to your application that costs $40. 

I would think that this could be a reason for Celebrity to consider substituting another port as there would be additional ports that would fulfill the distant foreign port requirement.  

On 9/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, cruisestitch said:

They had better do some testing. I’m on back to back……

You won't have a problem as if testing is required for a B2B then you will be tested by the ship at no problems.   We were tested the day before porting on both stops on our B3B. 

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The requirements from Bermuda are that all passengers that have been vaccinated must be tested antigen  2 days prior to arrival  or 4 days if PCR.  which would require all passengers to be tested the day of departure which could be problematic unless they want to pay for the more expensive PCR.

Actually, since this sailing arrives in Bermuda within 4 days of embarkation, Bermuda requires tests in the time frame you mentioned prior to embarkation, not prior to arrival. This is identical to typical Bermuda summer sailings from the northeast. There is no reason for Celebrity to change the itinerary for this repositioning cruise like they did for TAs.