Pub lunch returning, any news

antsp

The same day that  the buffet held some fish offerings, I dare not call it Pub Lunch it was awful, they had fish and chips on the lunch menu in the MDR.

it was nothing like the pub lunch of the past, all a bit disappointing.

This was on the CB in May 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

The same day that  the buffet held some fish offerings, I dare not call it Pub Lunch it was awful, they had fish and chips on the lunch menu in the MDR.

it was nothing like the pub lunch of the past, all a bit disappointing.

This was on the CB in May 

I've had some pretty bad fish and chips in the MDR. The pub lunch fish and chips is always so fresh-from-the-fryer, and you don't usually get that in the MDR.

• Like 4

Until they can hire enough galley crew, I don't foresee them adding any extra dining options such as Crab Shack, Ultimate Balcony Dinner, Pub Lunch, etc....

Shortages in the galley have been the major problem for the line, and it's been an ongoing problem since start-up. Folks realized during the shutdown that they don't have to work such long hours away from their families for long periods of time.

• Like 2

Was on Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago. They offered pub lunch one day but it was in MDR and during a shore day where most people got off the ship. We were pretty disappointed, cause we always look forward to the pub lunch. And MDR is usually closed on shore days. Definitely offered it when most people wouldn’t be able to participate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Until they can hire enough galley crew, I don't foresee them adding any extra dining options such as Crab Shack, Ultimate Balcony Dinner, Pub Lunch, etc....

Shortages in the galley have been the major problem for the line, and it's been an ongoing problem since start-up. Folks realized during the shutdown that they don't have to work such long hours away from their families for long periods of time.

12 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

We are on the Sapphire first sailing, Sept. 24th (fingers crossed) - but it is giving us the option of Balcony Dinner and Balcony Breakfast.

They are 2 separate services.  UBD is $100 for two and the UBB is $45 for two.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

We are on the Sapphire first sailing, Sept. 24th (fingers crossed) - but it is giving us the option of Balcony Dinner and Balcony Breakfast.

This thread is about Pub lunch.  You may want to post questions about UBD on that thread

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They are 2 separate services.  UBD is $100 for two and the UBB is $45 for two.

Thanks. Yes, I understand but I was responding to the post that these events would not be offered until they could hire more galley crew.  So, either they have more crew - or the service will not be up to standards.

Edited by DiRonT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DiRonT said:

Thanks. Yes, I understand but I was responding to the post that these events would not be offered until they could hire more galley crew.  So, either they have more crew - or the service will not be up to standards.

Lol. I thought it was a question. You’re right, I hope they are ready! 🤔

We've enjoyed the Pub Lunch in the past. I've heard Brits complaining about the mushy peas though. I've never seen the rumored Shrimp and Chips offered.

Edited by Thrak

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We've enjoyed the Pub Lunch in the past. I've heard Brits complaining about the mushy peas though. I've never seen the rumored Shrimp and Chips offered.

We had it - not sure now about what ship and date - but we got it along with the fish and chips

5 hours ago, palolake said:

We just got off the Ruby.  We were offered Pub lunch in the dining room one day at lunch.

We were on the Ruby back in July and also had the Pub Lunch on one of the sea days in Da Vinci, which was the regular dining room for lunch.  Odd part about the whole thing was that there was no lunch menu listed that day either on the TV or in the Medallion app.  We only stumbled upon it, when we went to check to see if Da Vinci was open for lunch that day.  They did have the Pub Lunch menu posted on the wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SiliconCruiser said:

We were on the Ruby back in July and also had the Pub Lunch on one of the sea days in Da Vinci, which was the regular dining room for lunch.  Odd part about the whole thing was that there was no lunch menu listed that day either on the TV or in the Medallion app.  We only stumbled upon it, when we went to check to see if Da Vinci was open for lunch that day.  They did have the Pub Lunch menu posted on the wall.

We saw it listed on the tv so decided not to eat there. We aren’t crazy about it. 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

We had the shrimp and chips once--very good.  Usually it's fish and chips or ploughman's lunch.

• Like 1