Pub lunch returning, any news

antsp

2 hours ago, cruise2relax said:

Just finished the Enchanted crossing and they offered the Pub Lunch on the last sea day at the Crown Grill and it was in the Patter.  It was beyond well attended (as in major lines for it, which is notable because there was never a line for anything as we sailed at only 65% full).  We both commented that it was far superior to pub lunches in the past, bigger crispier fish.  

It is clear it is making its was back into rotation.

Good to hear. 

They must have sufficient crew to take care of serving people. 

10 hours ago, Kay S said:

I'm not getting my hopes up.  With the Salty Dog pub (and its upcharge) replacing Vines on some ships, I think the handwriting is on the wall.  Princess passengers like pub lunches?  Hey!  Let's charge them for it.  All part of the plan to erase Princess' traditions (especially the free ones.)

Is this factual or is it speculation based on your well-established distaste for everything Princess?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

Just got off the 10 day Ruby Alaska this morning……no pub lunch

When we did the 10 day Alaska cruise on the Ruby this summer they had a pub lunch in the buffet one day

20 hours ago, Kay S said:

I'm not getting my hopes up.  With the Salty Dog pub (and its upcharge) replacing Vines on some ships, I think the handwriting is on the wall.  Princess passengers like pub lunches?  Hey!  Let's charge them for it.  All part of the plan to erase Princess' traditions (especially the free ones.)

I feel like we should all boycott Salty Dog and it's up charge and request that they replace it with Vines!

12 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

Just got off the 10 day Ruby Alaska this morning……no pub lunch

We had it on the Ruby in July. It was on the day (last sea day?) when there was no menu on the Medallion app for the Da Vinci dining room for lunch.  We were in the area so out of curiosity we went to check to see if it was going to be open for lunch.  That was when we saw a short line at the door, and posted on the menu board was the menu for the Pub Lunch.

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

As a Brit, can I just say that the Pub Lunch is nothing like a proper Pub Lunch !

As an American, I would have to agree with you.  Spent a lot of time in British pubs (probably too much,) and the Pub Lunch does not resemble anything I've seen in a real pub.  Not even the beers that are offered, and they can't even pour a true pint.

Edited by SiliconCruiser
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dides said:

We don't care though ! It's an interpretation and can be quite comforting! 😄

Agree.  
And the Crown Grill is not a real steak house where they charge $50-$60+  just for the steak.  It's an attempt to provide something a little different from the regular lunch offering.  No, It's not the best fish and chips but it's nice to have something different. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, suzyed said:

Agree.  
And the Crown Grill is not a real steak house where they charge $50-$60+  just for the steak.  It's an attempt to provide something a little different from the regular lunch offering.  No, It's not the best fish and chips but it's nice to have something different. 

The Crown Grill actually charges just under $30 . Not sure what your point is ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, suzyed said:

Agree.  

Exactly. Even if it isn't as tasty as authentic fish & chips from an English pub, it's pretty good, & gives us another option. This Texas couple have had only a few real pub fish & chips experiences, so we like the Princess version just fine. ☺️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am well aware of what the Crown Grill costs....My "point" is, that you can't compare a ship restaurant to a land based restaurant in most cases.  
So the Crown Grill at $29 is good but it sure doesn't compare with an upscale land based steak house. 
So the Pub lunch (zero$$) is ok but it sure doesn't compare to the pub lunch that you're used to.  
They are each just "extra' offerings on a ship for the enjoyment of the passengers....that's my point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am well aware of what the Crown Grill costs....My "point" is, that you can't compare a ship restaurant to a land based restaurant in most cases.  
So the Crown Grill at $29 is good but it sure doesn't compare with an upscale land based steak house. 
So the Pub lunch (zero$$) is ok but it sure doesn't compare to the pub lunch that you're used to.  
They are each just "extra' offerings on a ship for the enjoyment of the passengers....that's my point.

• Like 1