can't change rooms within same category?

I'm a little confused... I was under the impression that as long as I am currently booked in a category, 4B in this case, and another 4B has opened up that I like the location of better, I should be able to switch over to that other location... yes? On the phone with one of their reps, they're telling me that I can't switch unless I want to pay double. Uhhhh... what?! It's the same category... just a different location. I don't get it.  Any insight from any of you who might be able to explain why I can't switch? 

Jewel of the Seas, Dec 2022... deposit paid, not paid in full yet. 

11 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

I'm a little confused... I was under the impression that as long as I am currently booked in a category, 4B in this case, and another 4B has opened up that I like the location of better, I should be able to switch over to that other location... yes? On the phone with one of their reps, they're telling me that I can't switch unless I want to pay double. Uhhhh... what?! It's the same category... just a different location. I don't get it.  Any insight from any of you who might be able to explain why I can't switch? 

No experience, but I would call back. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Experience....Call back and get another CSR. You can make this change in location. I've done it on more than one occasion.

• Like 3

OMG...the reps on the phone...though most of them try hard, are completely clueless most of the time.  For real info...come to CC for answers.  😉 

Call back and get another rep.   I have many times changed locations in same cat. ...mostly to hook up same cabin on B2B cruises to keep me from moving.  

• Haha 1

YAY!!! Success!!!! 

Called back and asked for a supervisor, and while it took them over 20 minutes, they eventually were able to accomodate my request to switch the room without any additional costs or fees 🙂  

Now to wait for the next 4 months before we can enjoy that amazing balcony!!  Thanks everyone... I figured I was correct in my initial understanding 🙂 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, 14Terry said:

Outstanding that you got the room (switched). Got to love the Cruise Critic forums, (and the feedback everyone gives). A lot of knowledge out there! Enjoy that cruise!

Agree, sad that most Cruisers do not know or use this Site. Been on here myself since 1997

• Like 1