Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

17A944A5-DC11-4896-9F41-4511F06B2797.thumb.jpeg.def7a775fa1e464e9821439c7e7fb145.jpeg

I hope you enjoy Phantom! We've seen it twice, once on Broadway and once a tour production. It's not my favorite musical story-wise but the special effects are really good and the first notes of the organ music in the overture get the adrenaline going.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

I hope you enjoy Phantom! We've seen it twice, once on Broadway and once a tour production. It's not my favorite musical story-wise but the special effects are really good and the first notes of the organ music in the overture get the adrenaline going.

From reviews it sounds like I should be right by the chandelier.

Edited by Saint Greg

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Don't understand all this NYC paranoia. As in anywhere you visit just be aware of your surroundings. Now Tijuana, that's scary! 😁

I found the folks there quite friendly. Whenever I left my hotel at night there were always at least a couple of times a young lady would ask if I wanted to have a good time or wanted to party.

• Haha 21

It really is difficult being a National League baseball fan in the south. It's crazy because baseball is really popular down here. They play it year round. But all the teams are up north. I used to be able to see the Mets every year in Houston. A decade ago they switched Houston to the American League with the Rangers.

What does that mean? The Mets and Astros have played 13 times the past 10 years. The 10 years prior to that, they played 70 times. The Mets and Rangers have played 19 times in 20 years. Where are my closest National League Stadiums? St. Louis is like a 9 hour drive. Followed by Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Phoenix...all double-digit hours.

This year the Mets-Rangers games were all in NYC. The Mets games in Houston were mid-week. Next years schedule came out yesterday and guess what? The Mets and Rangers games are in New York and the Houston home games are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. They could at least rotate that Rangers series so it's in Arlington every other year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Don't understand all this NYC paranoia. As in anywhere you visit just be aware of your surroundings. Now Tijuana, that's scary! 😁

Once they got rid of the "donkey shows" I think TJ became safer than Juarez.🙃

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

MLB made a new schedule where each teams plays every team now.  Otherwise it would 3 years before the Mets played the Rangers or Houston.  Hopefully now, they will rotate each year home and home.

Let's hope so. Otherwise I'm going to have a major league beef!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It really is difficult being a National League baseball fan in the south. It's crazy because baseball is really popular down here. They play it year round. But all the teams are up north. I used to be able to see the Mets every year in Houston. A decade ago they switched Houston to the American League with the Rangers.

What does that mean? The Mets and Astros have played 13 times the past 10 years. The 10 years prior to that, they played 70 times. The Mets and Rangers have played 19 times in 20 years. Where are my closest National League Stadiums? St. Louis is like a 9 hour drive. Followed by Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Phoenix...all double-digit hours.

This year the Mets-Rangers games were all in NYC. The Mets games in Houston were mid-week. Next years schedule came out yesterday and guess what? The Mets and Rangers games are in New York and the Houston home games are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. They could at least rotate that Rangers series so it's in Arlington every other year.

Gives you a reason to fly up to New York more often! 😁

• Haha 1

One thing I've been waiting until the last minute to pack is my covid tests. I've been extra careful with them since it's been so hot and they have to be stored at a cool temperature. Today I go to grab one and check the expiration date and it's last January. After a slight panic I realize that's an old one from last year and my two are still in the shipping box with an expiration date of next January.

I logged into the app last night and got all the way to the point where I would take the test just to make sure my account was still good and everything. I haven't used one of these yet but I'm definitely going to have to on Monday this time. That's a bit scary that I have to test after my flight. After the Mets game. After two Broadway shows. Technically I should/could/might be immune right now so hopefully there's nothing to worry about.

I've looked around to see if there's a show I would add for Tuesday night. There are actually two I'd be interested in. Mr. Saturday Night with Billy Crystal and Hamilton. Very limited seating options for both of them. Only one left no the aisle for Mr. Saturday night and that's mid balcony. A couple lower level end of row seats for Hamilton. The convenience fees are lower than my other ones at about $33. I think I still want to wait and make sure nothing else comes up for that night but there's a chance those tickets sell between now and then.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

One thing I've been waiting until the last minute to pack is my covid tests. I've been extra careful with them since it's been so hot and they have to be stored at a cool temperature. Today I go to grab one and check the expiration date and it's last January. After a slight panic I realize that's an old one from last year and my two are still in the shipping box with an expiration date of next January.

I logged into the app last night and got all the way to the point where I would take the test just to make sure my account was still good and everything. I haven't used one of these yet but I'm definitely going to have to on Monday this time. That's a bit scary that I have to test after my flight. After the Mets game. After two Broadway shows. Technically I should/could/might be immune right now so hopefully there's nothing to worry about.

I've looked around to see if there's a show I would add for Tuesday night. There are actually two I'd be interested in. Mr. Saturday Night with Billy Crystal and Hamilton. Very limited seating options for both of them. Only one left no the aisle for Mr. Saturday night and that's mid balcony. A couple lower level end of row seats for Hamilton. The convenience fees are lower than my other ones at about $33. I think I still want to wait and make sure nothing else comes up for that night but there's a chance those tickets sell between now and then.

I watched the excerpt from "Mr. Saturday Night" on the Tony Awards and Billy Crystal was fantastic!

• Like 2

Okay...lesson learned. Don't buy your Broadway tickets on Broadway.com. Remember that $125 in additional fees? For this one it was going to be $33? Ticketmaster was only $13 for the same seat. Now I'm wondering if I could've saved $50-75 of that $125 buying from ticketmaster.

MrSatNight2.jpg

MrSatNight.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is my concern for our trip next month.  We fly to Italy first and do tourist stuff, testing the day after we arrive.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Hands down my favourite show is Rock of Ages, closely followed by Wicked and Lion King. The only "meh" show I ever saw in NYC was Phantom, but I think we just got a dud cast/night. I'm sure whatever you opt for, it will be great!

• Like 1

Hope you are having a great time in NY.  You certainly will need a vacation after your vacation with all you are squeezing in.  We were on Magic end of June.  Embarkation was quick and easy.  If you have the Cheers just remember it doesn't kick in until the next a.m.  And you will be charged tax on any drink you get while in NY port.  Hopefully your cruise will not be as "kid-jammed" as ours was, as many Long Island schools begin end of August or at the beginning of September.  Having a blast following along with you on your adventure....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

Hope you are having a great time in NY.  You certainly will need a vacation after your vacation with all you are squeezing in.  We were on Magic end of June.  Embarkation was quick and easy.  If you have the Cheers just remember it doesn't kick in until the next a.m.  And you will be charged tax on any drink you get while in NY port.  Hopefully your cruise will not be as "kid-jammed" as ours was, as many Long Island schools begin end of August or at the beginning of September.  Having a blast following along with you on your adventure....

I’m not there yet but I will be in 27 1/2 hours. I remember hearing that NYC schools started up after Labor Day but that was before covid. Maybe they start up earlier now.