Wanting to fly home 😜

polk01

3 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

That is a serious issue! I pray for your sake that they at least have port.

They do but it's not the same. The sacrifices I'm having to make are horrendous. Not what I expected but I decided I'd tough it out and sue when I get back. 😜

• Haha 3

On 8/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, polk01 said:

My experience on Sky Princess so far has been horrific. No Malbec and no dessert wine. How can they expect civilised people to live without basic necessities?

If I asked at Guest Services, do you think that they would agree to repatriate me from this hellhole? 😜

If you approach the passenger service desk politely and ask to leave they will grant you OBC for the ship you want to get off from.  😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 7:47 AM, polk01 said:

My experience on Sky Princess so far has been horrific. No Malbec and no dessert wine. How can they expect civilised people to live without basic necessities?

If I asked at Guest Services, do you think that they would agree to repatriate me from this hellhole? 😜

Well, not a drop of Malbec on Enchanted Princess either 😢. Should have taken Wowzz’s advice and gone to Lidl or Tesco before boarding in Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Well, not a drop of Malbec on Enchanted Princess either 😢. Should have taken Wowzz’s advice and gone to Lidl or Tesco before boarding in Southampton.

I always blame the Aussies who were on the previous cruise... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My experience on Sky Princess so far has been horrific. No Malbec and no dessert wine.

How can they expect civilised people to live without basic necessities?

If I asked, do you think that they would agree to repatriate me from this hellhole? 😜

• Haha 2

This is a funny story wine story but it is true and not a joke.  We have a friend who is a total cruise nut.  They have done B2B2B2B2B2B2B Caribbean cruises.  They are now on one of their many world cruises but they got to the Florida cruise port in a way that most of us would not think of.  Instead of flying to Florida as most of us would have done they flew to California found a cruise that started in Los Angeles and ended up in their world cruise embarkation port in Florida.  

I put this long introduction to the post to show that they are valuable cruise customers and the lines that they cruise on really want to keep them happy.  They were on a long cruise and the ship did not have her favorite type of wine and she made her disappointment known.  I am sure that she did not do in  an antagonistic way and I I am sure she did not say that this was the last time she would ever cruise with them but she did tell them that she was disappointed.  The booze department on the ship made sure that someone went to a liquor store at the next port to get enough of her special wine for the whole cruise.  Also she is never w/o that wine whenever she cruises on that line.

Sometimes status does helpp.

DON

• Like 4

9 hours ago, donaldsc said:

This is a funny story wine story but it is true and not a joke.  We have a friend who is a total cruise nut.  They have done B2B2B2B2B2B2B Caribbean cruises.  They are now on one of their many world cruises but they got to the Florida cruise port in a way that most of us would not think of.  Instead of flying to Florida as most of us would have done they flew to California found a cruise that started in Los Angeles and ended up in their world cruise embarkation port in Florida.  

I put this long introduction to the post to show that they are valuable cruise customers and the lines that they cruise on really want to keep them happy.  They were on a long cruise and the ship did not have her favorite type of wine and she made her disappointment known.  I am sure that she did not do in  an antagonistic way and I I am sure she did not say that this was the last time she would ever cruise with them but she did tell them that she was disappointed.  The booze department on the ship made sure that someone went to a liquor store at the next port to get enough of her special wine for the whole cruise.  Also she is never w/o that wine whenever she cruises on that line.

Sometimes status does helpp.

DON

Was this Princess that went to find her wine or a premium line, just curious 🧐?

On 8/23/2022 at 8:30 AM, polk01 said:

They do but it's not the same. The sacrifices I'm having to make are horrendous. Not what I expected but I decided I'd tough it out and sue when I get back. 😜

...and once you've had Sauterne you can never go back

My heart goes out to you.

• Like 1

Well played, Sir.  Well played!