The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Thank you, Rich, for today's Daily. My Tooth Fairy would leave me 25 cents per tooth and I thought I had a fortune! I kid you not, I recently heard a boy say that the Tooth Fairy left him $50 per tooth! Now THAT's inflation!!

I was supposed to be in Cartagena, Spain in the fall of 2020 -- I had a nice walking tour all mapped out and everything. Well, we all know how THAT turned out! I hope to get there one day, but until then, I enjoyed all the pictures.

Thank you for the lists, Roy. Congratulations for all who are celebrating -- Graham, I hope you and Pauline have a lovely dinner with Sarah tomorrow. Prayers for all who need them.

Speaking of dining, there were customers at the Dogwood Diner yesterday -- table for a party of 5, please!

Deer1.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think I visit Cartagena in 2023 on the Oosterdam for the Spanish Farewell.

I didn't do much real work during the tent sale yesterday, but I'm exhausted from talking with people all day.

The excitement today was driving 55 miles each way in thunderstorms for an office visit required by the RSV vaccine trial. They pay me for things like that--I've earned more than $500 so far.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick note from me.  @Quartzsite Cruiser, I had both shingles shots (shingrix) pre-2020, and I remember one of them was “rough” for me for a couple of days afterward and sore arm for almost a week.  Can’t remember which one was problematic.  I had the previous single shot several years prior to that 2 shot batch.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Well, the mailbox mystery has been solved, My neighbor across the street came over,  His wife backed into our mailbox on Saturday.  He contacted the BOD for the materials to rebuild the post.  In the meantime we had yesterday’s storm which finished the job,  This morning he put a Band Aid (sort  of) on it, but is going to rebuild the post so we have a sturdy mailbox.  

i will tell you.  We have lived here for 20 years. We live on a golf course., I cannot tell you how many people will hit our house and even the windows and try to get away with it.  They lie, try to blame it on someone else, or just drive their carts by skipping the hole trying to get away with it.,  

It is so nice to have someone who is honest and take responsibility for their actions.

Terri

• Like 22

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Just a quick note from me.  @Quartzsite Cruiser, I had both shingles shots (shingrix) pre-2020, and I remember one of them was “rough” for me for a couple of days afterward and sore arm for almost a week.  Can’t remember which one was problematic.  I had the previous single shot several years prior to that 2 shot batch.

We had the original shot in 2009 and did not have a reaction.  Still even a bad reaction is better than shingles.

Lenda 

• Like 10