Checking in and Muster if one doesn't have a cell phone

Would really appreciate any insight on this.  I am part of a large group of seniors (50 or more) that are going on a cruise out of Baltimore on a Vision-class ship.  While the majority will have cell phones and can probably figure out how to manage things on-line, some don't even own cell phones and some have flip phones.  How will they do their check-in and their muster drill?  I've only done these on-line for the past few years so I don't have any idea how to answer these questions, but I would like to be as helpful as possible. As always, I turn to CC for the best info!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joanne  

2 minutes ago, alex_drew said:

Would really appreciate any insight on this.  I am part of a large group of seniors (50 or more) that are going on a cruise out of Baltimore on a Vision-class ship.  While the majority will have cell phones and can probably figure out how to manage things on-line, some don't even own cell phones and some have flip phones.  How will they do their check-in and their muster drill?  I've only done these on-line for the past few years so I don't have any idea how to answer these questions, but I would like to be as helpful as possible. As always, I turn to CC for the best info!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joanne  

I'm a senior and use a smart phone and have checkedin using my phone.  Despite that I often use my laptop to do checkin.  Checkin is much easier now since they won't have to upload their vaccine card. Also don't worry about uploading a photo.  They'll take picture at the pier. They can watch the muster video on their cabin TV.  Then they go to muster station to checkin and see the life jacket.   If you're using a travel agent they might be able to assist with checkin..

• Like 1

The only thing that is unique to the app are the health questions answered the day before boarding.  

Upon reaching the check in folks in the terminal they'll see you didn't answer and they'll ask you the questions verbally.  Adds about 18 seconds to the check in process.

• Like 1

I just did a B2B, on the second cruise the Royal App hadn't reset to my new cruise. While checking in at the muster station they had two others and myself go through the putting life jackets on drill. We were then done with the muster station.

44 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

I just did a B2B, on the second cruise the Royal App hadn't reset to my new cruise. While checking in at the muster station they had two others and myself go through the putting life jackets on drill. We were then done with the muster station.

Doing B4B I'd walk up following weeks to MS as attendant said, You again, signed off and I walked away. 3rd week i beat them there, station wasn't even manned yet

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The only thing that is unique to the app are the health questions answered the day before boarding.  

Upon reaching the check in folks in the terminal they'll see you didn't answer and they'll ask you the questions verbally.  Adds about 18 seconds to the check in process.

The day before boarding health questions have been removed.  They have been replaced by only 3 questions asking about vaccination status and they are available to be answered a few weeks before sailing….

9 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

The day before boarding health questions have been removed.  They have been replaced by only 3 questions asking about vaccination status and they are available to be answered a few weeks before sailing….

They are still health questions.  Or are you are saying you can do them on the website site.  Great to know.  Thanks.

Just now, twangster said:

They are still health questions.  Or are you are saying you can do them on the website site.  Great to know.  Thanks.

I am not 100% sure about the website as I did mine on the app.  This happened about two weeks ago when the ability to download your vaccination card went away and the step about answering your health questions the day before cruising disappeared.

At that time I was able to go ahead and answer the three questions for my cruise coming up on Sept. 11th……

Went out of Baltimore in June. 73 and I have only a flip phone. So I did nothing through an App. Printed out my Set Sail (one sheet) and luggage tags on my computer at home. At the pier I showed the Set Sail sheet, my vaccination card, my Antigen test (not needed anymore if cruise is less than 9 days) my Bermuda entry sheet (only needed if going there),and passport. They took my photo there and asked me the health questions. Will be doing the same when we cruise out of Bayonne in October.

• Like 1