Prohibition Party still exist?

43 minutes ago, vermontvoyager said:

I am sure they no longer have them, but does anyone know if RCI still has a Prohibition Party on any of the ships?

I thought that was a show on NCL Bliss? Or are you talking about something else? 

We went to a Prohibition Party on Allure, and it was great fun!  Most people dressed for it, and the staff were all dressed in 20's finery.  When we got our invitation in our cabin, there were 2 lapel pins.  We were also given a password.  We were instructed to wear the pins and use the password to get into the Speakeasy.  There were nibbles, live music, fake horse racing, and lots of gin drinks from the 20's.  Fun!  I think Allure was the only ship that did them, but I could be wrong about that.  Possibly other ships had Prohibition Parties after the success on Allure.

• Like 1

Just now, foxgoodrich said:

We went to a Prohibition Party on Allure, and it was great fun!  Most people dressed for it, and the staff were all dressed in 20's finery.  When we got our invitation in our cabin, there were 2 lapel pins.  We were also given a password.  We were instructed to wear the pins and use the password to get into the Speakeasy.  There were nibbles, live music, fake horse racing, and lots of gin drinks from the 20's.  Fun!  I think Allure was the only ship that did them, but I could be wrong about that.  Possibly other ships had Prohibition Parties after the success on Allure.

Since the return to sailing, or previously?  Didn't see it on Allure in Oct  2021

M

It was a lot of fun!  If I remember right, it cost about $35pp and it started late...like at 10pm?  The door guard (at the Jazz Club) was dressed like a 20's gangster, complete with fedora.  We had to show him our pins and whisper the password to him.  The drinks were served (speakeasy style) in teacups.

The live music was 20's jazz, and there were a few dancers present doing the Charleston, Black Bottom, etc.  They would teach you the steps if you didn't know the dances.

• Like 1

Yes, that's right!  I was trying to remember why Allure was the only ship that had a Prohibition Party back then, and you nailed it.  It's because Chicago was the show on Allure.  And Chicago on Allure was fantastic when we saw it.

Edited by foxgoodrich
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

nope- -  The first time we went is was excellent- cast from chicago were their and it was fun- the second time- not good- no actors joining in- boring- we left after 1/2 hour as did most guests. They gave you some "free drinks" and snacks.   Royal didn't put any effort in making it special.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RobInMN said:
On 8/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, BekkaW said:

It was a tie in when the musical Chicago was on Allure. Haven’t seen it since that musical ended 

Pretty sure that this is the answer. Post #9 above.

That's probably correct. I was only on Allure once in 2012 and I know my BIL/SIL went to it and they were on that cruise with us.

Pre Covid Royal Caribbean had skeet shooting.  Have they brought it back post Covid?  

I know, it sounds silly, but Covid had nothing to do with any activity on the ship now.  Sure, some things were modified for short period of time, when the ship was complying with rules by politicians that did not actually help on a ship. but most things run in cycles, and current activities happen based on current planning staff. 

So whether it is skeet shooting, driving golf balls, or a prohibition party, it will come and go with demand (except skeet shooting). 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Pre Covid Royal Caribbean had skeet shooting.  Have they brought it back post Covid?  

I know, it sounds silly, but Covid had nothing to do with any activity on the ship now.  Sure, some things were modified for short period of time, when the ship was complying with rules by politicians that did not actually help on a ship. but most things run in cycles, and current activities happen based on current planning staff. 

So whether it is skeet shooting, driving golf balls, or a prohibition party, it will come and go with demand (except skeet shooting). 

The golf balls, and the skeet shooting, ended years and years ago. I remember both  of those activities in the 80s. I suspect  they ended shortly after that.

m

• Thanks 1