Sky Princess - Mini Suite

mike60707

Good afternoon everyone, looking for someone VERY familiar with Sky Princess (mini suites)......

Qustion (Help!!)  Have enjoyed mini suites on Grand & Caribbean Princess, the only thing that bothered us with the extended room/balcony the passengers with a standard balcony cabin over us could look directly down onto our balcony (did that make sense) ? LOL

We love Lido deck on sky but cabins above on deck 17 are all standard balconies

There are mini suites on Deck 14 (riviera) and looks like some with mini suites above on deck 15.....

Any suggestions for a good cabin location??

Thanks much,

Mike

Thank you very much for your reply.....just want to confirm...(sorry) but if we get a mini suite on say deck 14 or 15, those that have standard balcony cabins above us cannot look directly down onto our balcony.

I do understand what you're saying about the tiered on grand/caribbean princess, we had people throwing things down on our balcony.  Thanks again for your help

1 minute ago, mike60707 said:

Thank you very much for your reply.....just want to confirm...(sorry) but if we get a mini suite on say deck 14 or 15, those that have standard balcony cabins above us cannot look directly down onto our balcony.

I do understand what you're saying about the tiered on grand/caribbean princess, we had people throwing things down on our balcony.  Thanks again for your help

Oh, no.  That is rude.  Did you report it?  I can't speak for being on a Royal Class ship.  So far, I've been able to avoid booking a cruise.  I know...just me.

13 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

No tiers true, but be wary on Royal Class if you go for a mini-suite with extended balconies mid-ships as you may be subject to being looked down on from the SeaWalk (doesn't bother some people and is less invasive on Sky and ships after her). But you did mention being looked down on... 

image.png.548e1c5dbda69e802cf3822902eab5b3.png

Edited by dides

52 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

Any suggestions for a good mini suite (and location) on sky princess ?  Thank you

We personally liked the ones on the lido deck, deck 16 - MC and MF category I believe.  If you are in a warm climate and enjoy being outdoors by the pools, hottubs, buffet its a great location.  If you are more of a "deck 7" kind of person during the day and night, its several decks down (and eventually back up) and may not be everyone's preference.

• Like 2

Extended balcony, mid-ship, lower deck such as Caribe.  The larger balcony is worth it.  The Sea Walk does not allow those walking on it to see much of anything in terms of cabins.  And by the time you get to the Caribe Deck, they can't see anything at all.  Here is a video that someone posted while on Majestic.  Sky would be the same.  And while there are lights that stay on at night to illuminate the walk, again, by the time you get to the lower decks, you will never know that they are there.  I definitely think that the extra balcony space is worth it.

Royal Class ships do not have the layer cake design like Grand class ships. The small 9x4ft balconies are fully covered by the deck above on both decks 14 & 15. The mid ship angled balconies are also covered by the deck above, however someone on the skywalk may be able to look down onto your balcony. Not a big deal as very few people use the skywalk and when they do they just walk across it. The Sky Princess has a solid deck all the way to the curve of the skywalk and eliminates the issue with people looking inward toward the upper balconies. People have reported that M107/8 and L107/8 are nice mini suite selections, large balconies, forward look. 

12 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

On Royal class we always get a mini suite on Lido deck.  Next cruise on Royal Princess we have L210 booked.  So convenient and mini suites have all

the room we need.  Worth every penny.

Good morning!  Thank you very much, called Princess and upgraded to a mini suite on Deck 16, Lido Deck, (L210)....lol  Appreciate your help.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

We personally liked the ones on the lido deck, deck 16 - MC and MF category I believe.  If you are in a warm climate and enjoy being outdoors by the pools, hottubs, buffet its a great location.  If you are more of a "deck 7" kind of person during the day and night, its several decks down (and eventually back up) and may not be everyone's preference.

Done, Thank you! Mini Suite on Deck 16 Sky Princess ..... 

25 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

Good morning!  Thank you very much, called Princess and upgraded to a mini suite on Deck 16, Lido Deck, (L210)....lol  Appreciate your help.

Wonderful!  I’m sure you’ll love it, too.  So convenient for grabbing a snack or drink and taking it back “home”.  Love the tub and bigger bathroom.  Have a fabulous cruise and please report back to us when you get home. Yay!!

15 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Agreed. We're returning to a Mini-Suite on Deck 16 exactly for the reasons you mention. We loved the location on our last cruise on the Sky Princess. The Buffet, Pools, Hot tubs, The Mix Bar, Slice,Swirls and the Salty Dog Grill are all a short walk from your room. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 3:43 PM, Lady Arwen said:

On Royal class we always get a mini suite on Lido deck.  Next cruise on Royal Princess we have L210 booked.  So convenient and mini suites have all

Did you experience much noise from the deck above, which is a public area with Sanctuary and Retreat Pool?

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Did you experience much noise from the deck above, which is a public area with Sanctuary and Retreat Pool?

None!  That area tends to be quiet in the early morning and the evening.  Might be more obvious during the day, but we’re usually out and about by then.

On 8/24/2022 at 5:17 PM, cruisingrob21 said:

were you right under the gym?

On 8/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, Lady Arwen said:

Is the balcony windy? On some ships it seems the more forward balconies get a lot of wind and as a result there ends up being a lot of creaks and rattles in the room. What's your experience with that been? TIA

We’ve sailed many times in the most forward cabins…L101, and yes, it’s windy.  The forward cabins port and starboard are fine.  Never experienced anything other than what you normally would in any cabin on higher decks.  Obviously, cabins on lower decks, midship, will feel less motion.  We actually enjoy the movement of the ship.

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, chubbypiggy said:

That is my question, too.  Wondering if L218 on the Sky would have noise from the Retreat pool above (specifically pool chairs scraping from being moved around morning and night).

1 hour ago, metairiegal said:

That is my question, too.  Wondering if L218 on the Sky would have noise from the Retreat pool above (specifically pool chairs scraping from being moved around morning and night).

We book mini suites on Lido deck all the time and have never had an issue with noise from above or anywhere else.  You would be just fine in any cabin in this area.

• Like 1