Chocolates on the pillow

antsp

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not horribly hot in the bay area. We have been in triple digits for weeks and the town 70 miles or so north of us is always hotter than we are. Most of us consider temps from 100°F to 110°F to be hot. When we open up the house and go to bed it's still 84°F at 11:30 PM.

That’s cute. Lolol.  Try 100+ days over 100°.   Wake up to 90°+ lol.  

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So you're a newbie compared to me. 😁 Never have had an issue with Bart. Take mass transit all the time from Clayton. Sorry about your chocolates. But they also sell them at the airport and they're so much better than what I used to bring home from the ship

Yes. You've got it worse than the delta. You can't jump on Bart, take less than an hours ride to drop temps 20°

Maybe a newbie in NorCal.   Lol.   Been to that dive bar many time in Clayton to listen to music. Wish I could remember the name.  
I never travel with chocolate.  To many variables 

12 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Maybe a newbie in NorCal.   Lol.   Been to that dive bar many time in Clayton to listen to music. Wish I could remember the name.  
I never travel with chocolate.  To many variables 

Clayton Club. There's only 1 bar in Clayton. Only 1 block downtown

38 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So you're a newbie compared to me. 😁 Never have had an issue with Bart. Take mass transit all the time from Clayton. Sorry about your chocolates. But they also sell them at the airport and they're so much better than what I used to bring home from the ship

Yes. You've got it worse than the delta. You can't jump on Bart, take less than an hours ride to drop temps 20°

For two years I had to commute to Yuba City for work. I wanted the promotion and big jump in pay so I put up with it until I could get back to working 10 minutes from home. My boss asked me, "Can't you just take the train?". I told him I "might be able to hitch a ride on a tractor" but there is no mass transit North of Sacramento.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Clayton Club. There's only 1 bar in Clayton. Only 1 block downtown

That’s it I guess.  It on the corner.   Seen a few shows there.  Last one was Pat travers like 4 years ago 

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

That’s it I guess.  It on the corner.   Seen a few shows there.  Last one was Pat travers like 4 years ago 

Towns changed a little. Now horses have to be tied up behind Skipolinis instead of the club and we've got a sports bar. 2nd parts good, limiting where horses can stay when cowboys visit the saloon isn't good but maybe new owner will try to fix that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ptroxx said:

That’s cute. Lolol.  Try 100+ days over 100°.   Wake up to 90°+ lol.  

Obviously there are many places hotter than where I live. I was comparing California locations. Should I now compare your temps to those in Afghanistan? I find your condescending attitude distasteful.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Obviously there are many places hotter than where I live. I was comparing California locations. Should I now compare your temps to those in Afghanistan? I find your condescending attitude distasteful.

I’m sure Dr Phil can help you with that.   
And yes you were comparing Cali weather. I was saying that that’s cut.  
go right ahead and compare,  we beat Afghanistan in temps any day.    Highest recorded temp in afghan 121. Now during a firefight was 136°. But we don’t have them here in the states.   But we do have Death Valley at 136 for a record high.  
We had 15 days of over 115 and 5 days of 123+.   
still can’t walk out of a store with chocolate and not have it melt in a few seconds.   Lololol.  

https://www.amazon.com/Ghirardelli-Assorted-Chocolate-Squares-4-85oz/dp/B007AJG21U/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=ghirardelli+chocolate&qid=1661443078&sr=8-11

$11.00 at Amazon and it is good chocolate.  Take one out of the bag each day and put it on your pillow.  In the past the stuff that Princess put on your pillow was not very good chocolate.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

Same "reason" as no pen or pad of paper in the cabin. Bogus C19 paranoia.

We have had to ask for a pen on our last two cruises to fill in the breakfast door tag.  They really need to leave a pen in the room for that.  Kind of ridiculous to leave something that needs filling out but nothing to write with.

45 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

We have had to ask for a pen on our last two cruises to fill in the breakfast door tag.  They really need to leave a pen in the room for that.  Kind of ridiculous to leave something that needs filling out but nothing to write with.

I always travel with pens and paper.  Backpack staples.