Chocolates on the pillow

antsp

4 minutes ago, antsp said:

There is no reason for no chocolates on the turndown service, is Princess being cheap, what's the reason 

Same "reason" as no pen or pad of paper in the cabin. Bogus C19 paranoia.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I still received pen/paper on 2022 cruises.

Hmmmm... I've seen a number of posts by people who didn't get them since the restart. I know we didn't get them in May. Perhaps it depends on the ship or maybe they realized it's not the way Covid is spread and are going back to supplying those items.

Princess: Consistently Inconsistent

• Like 2

I received no pen or paper for the 2 weeks I was on Caribbean Princess in May.  In addition to the COVID reasoning, I would add cost cutting.  I wonder what percentage of chocolates ended up in the trash can. 

Now the chocolate mints Disney left on the pillow, it's been a while so maybe no more, those were awesome. 

1 hour ago, antsp said:

There is no reason for no chocolates on the turndown service, is Princess being cheap, what's the reason 

Rumor has it that Mr. Padgett is working on the rollout of "Premier+ Pricing".  All the benefits of Premier, and they add a chocolate each night, a pad, a pen and a pat of butter at every meal.  All for the low, low price of another $25 per day upcharge over Premier.  

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

No limit to the number you can bring on.  No "unwrappage fee". And they taste way better than the ones that Princess supplies (supplied??)

133799-01_dove-dark-chocolate-squares-28-piece-bag.jpg?resizeid=104&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000

Jimmy, I added “pillow chocolates” to my packing list before my last cruise.  For some reason, even if I don’t eat them, I want my turn-down chocolate!

• Like 2

Just now, Ptroxx said:

No pen or pad on discovery 3 weeks ago.  

I get my own chocolate. 

B7B2B666-7FD7-4F24-82F9-72B55F607CE6.jpeg

That's going to mess up your pillow something awful.

JMO, but the absence  of those pillow "chocolates" is no great loss. I'm as fussy, or fussier, about the quality of the chocolates I eat as I am about the coffee I drink. If they aren't good, I'd rather go without. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hmmmm... I've seen a number of posts by people who didn't get them since the restart. I know we didn't get them in May. Perhaps it depends on the ship or maybe they realized it's not the way Covid is spread and are going back to supplying those items.

Princess: Consistently Inconsistent

Didn't get pen/paper on Emerald in May either but I asked the room steward for some and he had them to me within a few minutes. Now I know where they hide them on their trolleys as well!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there was a fair number of guest that never eat the chocolates - the easy solution is to have steward ask the first day or give them the first night with a note that if guest wants more nights to leave the note on the bed/pillow.  No waste that way and others are happy.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

All the benefits of Premier, and they add a chocolate each night, a pad, a pen and a pat of butter at every meal.  All for the low, low price of another $25 per day upcharge over Premier.  

The missing barrel chairs are included in this rate as well.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, mom says said:

That's going to mess up your pillow something awful.

JMO, but the absence  of those pillow "chocolates" is no great loss. I'm as fussy, or fussier, about the quality of the chocolates I eat as I am about the coffee I drink. If they aren't good, I'd rather go without. 

I could care less about the chocolate on my pillow that’s for sure.   

but the drownings and the chocolate chocolate chip cookies were surprisingly very good that’s why I made sure to have a baggie full in my refrigerator all the time.   I’d get a few milks form room service every morning  along with some OJ and put that in the fridge to get chilled.  And at night I had milk and cookies almost every night. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I could care less about the chocolate on my pillow that’s for sure.   

but the drownings and the chocolate chocolate chip cookies were surprisingly very good that’s why I made sure to have a baggie full in my refrigerator all the time.   I’d get a few milks form room service every morning  along with some OJ and put that in the fridge to get chilled.  And at night I had milk and cookies almost every night. 

What are "drownings?"

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

No limit to the number you can bring on.  No "unwrappage fee". And they taste way better than the ones that Princess supplies (supplied??)

133799-01_dove-dark-chocolate-squares-28-piece-bag.jpg?resizeid=104&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000

My choice for my next cruise. Last time it was Dove Milk Chocolate. But I thought apple & caramel would be a good fall choice. Screenshot_20220824-170907_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0b2f06d83e6781a7ac2352e73d4c830.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

My choice for my next cruise. Last time it was Dove Milk Chocolate. But I thought apple & caramel would be a good fall choice. Screenshot_20220824-170907_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0b2f06d83e6781a7ac2352e73d4c830.jpg

I can’t travel with chocolate.   By the time I get to the airport there melted.  Unless I have a cooler.     

27 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I can’t travel with chocolate.   By the time I get to the airport there melted.  Unless I have a cooler.     

Fortunately I only have to walk 1/4 mile to take a bus to Bart to SFO. Mass transit air conditioned. Although it was 95° today so walking Tuesday will be problematic.  It'll still be fine. Not horribly hot in California 

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Fortunately I only have to walk 1/4 mile to take a bus to Bart to SFO. Mass transit air conditioned. Although it was 95° today so walking Tuesday will be problematic.  It'll still be fine. Not horribly hot in California 

Yeah but you have to worry about everything else Bart has to offer. Lolol. 
Bay Area resident 35 years. Lol. 
I only have to deal with 100 days of 100° + temps and 10 minute Uber to the airport Lolol.  But in that 10 minute walk to the terminal my chocolates toast.    
mask me how I know. Lol.  Lol

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not horribly hot in California

Not horribly hot in the bay area. We have been in triple digits for weeks and the town 70 miles or so north of us is always hotter than we are. Most of us consider temps from 100°F to 110°F to be hot. When we open up the house and go to bed it's still 84°F at 11:30 PM.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Yeah but you have to worry about everything else Bart has to offer. Lolol. 
Bay Area resident 35 years. Lol. 
I only have to deal with 100 days of 100° + temps and 10 minute Uber to the airport Lolol.  But in that 10 minute walk to the terminal my chocolates toast.    
mask me how I know. Lol.  Lol

So you're a newbie compared to me. 😁 Never have had an issue with Bart. Take mass transit all the time from Clayton. Sorry about your chocolates. But they also sell them at the airport and they're so much better than what I used to bring home from the ship

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not horribly hot in the bay area. We have been in triple digits for weeks and the town 70 miles or so north of us is always hotter than we are. Most of us consider temps from 100°F to 110°F to be hot. When we open up the house and go to bed it's still 84°F at 11:30 PM.

Yes. You've got it worse than the delta. You can't jump on Bart, take less than an hours ride to drop temps 20°

Edited by Ombud