Helpful demo link for ArriveCAN app

joyandjerry

I found a link on Seabourn's site (by chance, I have not cruised with them) for using ArriveCAN for cruise ship pax. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very complete, with pix. The link is here.  I mentioned it in the ArriveCAN thread, but that is getting rather long and thought it may help those here.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

I found a link on Seabourn's site (by chance, I have not cruised with them) for using ArriveCAN for cruise ship pax. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very complete, with pix. The link is here.  I mentioned it in the ArriveCAN thread, but that is getting rather long and thought it may help those here.

Thank you Joy!

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Helpful. Thanks.  Yesterday I was stressing about this.  
would like to hear from people who have already been to Canada about their experiences using ArrivCan.

I would, too. On a B2B with Canada second in a few weeks.

On 9/3/2022 at 4:27 AM, Redtravel said:

Helpful. Thanks.  Yesterday I was stressing about this.  
would like to hear from people who have already been to Canada about their experiences using ArrivCan.

I'm still completely stressed about this all including now finding out two ArriveCan need to be submitted ... one for my flight day of cruise and now another one when I land before heading to the ship....So sorry now I booked this Alaska itinerary out of Vancouver !!!

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm still completely stressed about this all including now finding out two ArriveCan need to be submitted ... one for my flight day of cruise and now another one when I land before heading to the ship....So sorry now I booked this Alaska itinerary out of Vancouver !!!

I feel your pain. Worried about how I can do this on the ship. 

• Like 1

I just returned from an Alaskan cruise and only needed to fill out ArriveCan once.........not sure why you are having to do it twice.

I flew to Anchorage for a land tour for 4 days to Denali.  The cruise started from Seward and ended in Vancouver.  We only needed to fill out the Arrivecan within 72 hours of boarding the ship.  My flight had nothing to do with it. 

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I just returned from an Alaskan cruise and only needed to fill out ArriveCan once.........not sure why you are having to do it twice.

I flew to Anchorage for a land tour for 4 days to Denali.  The cruise started from Seward and ended in Vancouver.  We only needed to fill out the Arrivecan within 72 hours of boarding the ship.  My flight had nothing to do with it. 

You flew to Alaska and cruised from Alaska. The poster is cruising from Vancouver. They need one ArriveCan for the flight to Vancouver and a second ArriveCan for the cruise itself. You only needed the one ArriveCan for the cruise.

Edited by njhorseman

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You flew to Alaska and cruised from Alaska. The poster is cruising from Vancouver. They need one ArriveCan for the flight to Vancouver and a second ArriveCan for the cruise itself.

Hi, so if I my next cruise is sailing from Quebec City and I am flying there first, I will have to fill it out twice?   I am going from Canada to NYC............I am going to arrive in Canada 1 day before my cruise, if that matters.

Hi Lois 

Welcome back from your cruise. So it looks like you were on the ship inUS waters more than the 72 hours before arriving in Vancouver ( which I assume was your first stop in Canada ? ) how did you complete the Arrivecan app  to enter a date 72 hours before you boarded. It did not look like I could put any date > 3 days from the current date, for what I thought was the date I was due to arrive in Canada?   I have everything saved except the arrival date into Halifax which would be our first stop in Canada, or since I select that I’m coming by boat, the eta date into Halifax is not the date I load, it’s the date I board the ship in NY since the app says 72 hours before you board the ship is when you have to complete the online form?  

just trying to prepare and don’t want  to put the wrong date.

also did you have to test before you boarded in Seward ? I’m getting confused by the Canadian .gov site that says no testing is required, but if you hit the link they provide for cruise ships, you DOhave to test 2-3 days before you board the ship. 

Thanks in advance

liz 

41 minutes ago, bobolz said:

Hi Lois 

Welcome back from your cruise. So it looks like you were on the ship inUS waters more than the 72 hours before arriving in Vancouver ( which I assume was your first stop in Canada ? ) how did you complete the Arrivecan app  to enter a date 72 hours before you boarded. It did not look like I could put any date > 3 days from the current date, for what I thought was the date I was due to arrive in Canada?   I have everything saved except the arrival date into Halifax which would be our first stop in Canada, or since I select that I’m coming by boat, the eta date into Halifax is not the date I load, it’s the date I board the ship in NY since the app says 72 hours before you board the ship is when you have to complete the online form?  

just trying to prepare and don’t want  to put the wrong date.

also did you have to test before you boarded in Seward ? I’m getting confused by the Canadian .gov site that says no testing is required, but if you hit the link they provide for cruise ships, you DOhave to test 2-3 days before you board the ship. 

Thanks in advance

liz 

Hi Liz😀....I took a 4 day land trip pre cruise to Denali.  So we were in the United States for those days and everyone on our tour did their ArriveCan while on that trip.  Vancouver was our only stop in Canada and it was the day we disembarked.   You need to put the date of embarkation, not the date you are going to be in Canada. At least that is what we all did. I put the date I was getting on the ship, which was 8/25. Filled out the form on the 23rd. 

As for testing, because we were on a SS land tour, they provided the testing for us at the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage. If I am not mistaken, we were tested the day before we were taken to the ship.

Oh, there was the additional date of when we were getting off the ship......that was 9/1.  And I put the Vancouver Terminal as my last stop.....it approved everything I had entered and gave me a QR CODE........but to be honest, I don't remember anyone asking to see it.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Liz😀....I took a 4 day land trip pre cruise to Denali.  So we were in the United States for those days and everyone on our tour did their ArriveCan while on that trip.  Vancouver was our only stop in Canada and it was the day we disembarked.   You need to put the date of embarkation, not the date you are going to be in Canada. At least that is what we all did. I put the date I was getting on the ship, which was 8/25. Filled out the form on the 23rd. 

As for testing, because we were on a SS land tour, they provided the testing for us at the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage. If I am not mistaken, we were tested the day before we were taken to the ship.

Oh, there was the additional date of when we were getting off the ship......that was 9/1.  And I put the Vancouver Terminal as my last stop.....it approved everything I had entered and gave me a QR CODE........but to be honest, I don't remember anyone asking to see it.

Thanks Lois! As always you are so helpful! I’m sorry you are not on our  nyc to Quebec cruise , I could thank you in person 😊. So it never asked you for the city for the embarkation, just the date you first embarked the ship and then the only city you entered was the debarkation city (which for you was also your first city) . And the. After all that, they never even asked for the QR code when you arrived ,,,,We will give it a try. Thanks again and have a great trip to Canada back to NYC! 😊 

Edited by bobolz

On 9/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, so if I my next cruise is sailing from Quebec City and I am flying there first, I will have to fill it out twice?   I am going from Canada to NYC............I am going to arrive in Canada 1 day before my cruise, if that matters.

Unless your cruise leaves Canada and then re-enters Canada, you won’t need an ArriveCan for the cruise.  You will need one for your flight to Canada.

29 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Unless your cruise leaves Canada and then re-enters Canada, you won’t need an ArriveCan for the cruise.  You will need one for your flight to Canada.

Good morning.......are you sure? I am reading on the requirements for entering the country if you are arriving by land/air and then taking a cruise........see the paragraph below:  Looks like a 2nd Arrivecan is necessary.......I fly up on Oct 21st and sailing on Oct 22nd.....

Entering Canada by land or air before embarking on a cruise

You must complete your ArriveCAN submission before entering Canada, no more than 72 hours of boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land.

• If you’re flying in to join a cruise immediately, enter the address of your terminal.
  • If you’re not joining the cruise immediately, enter the address of your hotel.

You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning.......are you sure? I am reading on the requirements for entering the country if you are arriving by land/air and then taking a cruise........see the paragraph below:  Looks like a 2nd Arrivecan is necessary.......I fly up on Oct 21st and sailing on Oct 22nd.....

Entering Canada by land or air before embarking on a cruise

You must complete your ArriveCAN submission before entering Canada, no more than 72 hours of boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land.

• If you’re flying in to join a cruise immediately, enter the address of your terminal.
  • If you’re not joining the cruise immediately, enter the address of your hotel.

You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission.

The first part is referring to the ArriveCan entry you will show at the airport when boarding your flight to Canada in order to board the cruise that departs from Canada.  The second part of the above refers to the ArriveCan entry for round-trip cruises departing from and then returning to Canada, such as the round-trip Alaska cruises from Vancouver.  Continue reading that same page to see the info regarding cruises that leave Canada and do not return (the next section, titled “Boarding Cruises and Shore Excursions” and select the option for cruises not returning to Canada).

Edited by bookbabe

6 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

The first part is referring to the ArriveCan entry you will show at the airport when boarding your flight to Canada in order to board the cruise that departs from Canada.  The second part of the above refers to the ArriveCan entry for round-trip cruises departing from and then returning to Canada, such as the round-trip Alaska cruises from Vancouver.  Continue reading that same page to see the info regarding cruises that leave Canada and do not return.

OMG......I missed that box on the website.......so no need for me to fill it out twice........

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! There is just so much information printed about it........😲 seems it can get very confusing (for me anyway)......So, I am sailing from Quebec with a couple of Canadian stops before entering the states and the rest of the cruise is here and ends in NYC........

So a couple of days before I fly,  I will fill out the form...........

Thank you again.🙂👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

The first part is referring to the ArriveCan entry you will show at the airport when boarding your flight to Canada in order to board the cruise that departs from Canada.  The second part of the above refers to the ArriveCan entry for round-trip cruises departing from and then returning to Canada, such as the round-trip Alaska cruises from Vancouver.  Continue reading that same page to see the info regarding cruises that leave Canada and do not return (the next section, titled “Boarding Cruises and Shore Excursions” and select the option for cruises not returning to Canada).

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

OMG......I missed that box on the website.......so no need for me to fill it out twice........

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! There is just so much information printed about it........😲 seems it can get very confusing (for me anyway)......So, I am sailing from Quebec with a couple of Canadian stops before entering the states and the rest of the cruise is here and ends in NYC........

So a couple of days before I fly,  I will fill out the form...........

Thank you again.🙂👍

I can't confirm this from personal experience, but that have been reports of at least some cruise lines misinterpreting the rules and insisting that ArriveCAN be completed for this type of cruise . Perhaps that isn't occurring any longer, but if it is you'll have no choice but to complete ArriveCAN if the cruise line insists you do so .

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

I can't confirm this from personal experience, but that have been reports of at least some cruise lines misinterpreting the rules and insisting that ArriveCAN be completed for this type of cruise . Perhaps that isn't occurring any longer, but if it is you'll have no choice but to complete ArriveCAN if the cruise line insists you do so .

Hi, of course if the cruiseline says I have to fill it out again I will follow their rules and procedures.  

43 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The culprit seems to be HAL, and reports seem to suggest that they even say to just fill in whatever info will make the submission work even if it’s not accurate.

Other cruise lines seem to understand the rules.

Moved this topic into a post within the ArriveCAN stickie topic at the top of the forum. Thank you for sharing it joyandjerry 🙂 

To see recent posts in that topic (or any!) hover your cursor over the name of the topic: a pop-up window will appear displaying the lead post, then two tabs appear above that post. One tab will say "first post" and the other will say "last post" enabling a quick jump to the last post. To make the jump, move the cursor to that tab and click; no need to scroll through the all of the posts. 

The ArriveCAN topic currently has four pages of posts. The oldest posts will be on page 1, newer posts will be found on subsequent pages. You may jump to any page by clicking on a page number, which appears underneath the title of the topic. 

To read the newest, most recent posts, it may make sense to begin with the last page and work backwards. In some cases, or if one is seeking a great amount of research for one's journey, maybe reading all of the pages will be worthwhile, and reading in any order will be great. 😉 

Keep in mind: most recent posts, see last page of topic

• Like 1