Will regal 12/26-1/3 have kids for my kids

mamashamiller

That is the peak time for kids on board. You’re hitting it at exactly the right time 👌🏽. We’ve done about a dozen Princess cruises at that time, starting when our kids were 8/9 and into their 20’s, with 4 or 5 cruises being on the Regal. Your child will have a blast.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mamashamiller said:

I have 13 yo that enjoys meeting other kids I know Princess doesn’t have lots of families but wondering if because of holiday break there would be other children onboard?

Just a tip if you haven’t been on Princess since the Medallion app. We were with our 10 year old grandson recently on Caribbean Princess and we could ‘link’ our medallions so could check where he was and he could find us if he needed to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nini said:

Keep an eye on your kids.

If you have no intention of being on this or any other cruise during this time based on what you have read, why do you care if the OP keeps an eye on their 13 year old?

Edited by JimmyVWine

21 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

If you have no intention of being on this or any other cruise during this time based on what you have read, why do you care if the OP keeps an eye on their 13 year old?

It was only a suggestion. Some people need to be reminded. 

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

It was only a suggestion. Some people need to be reminded. 

I’m a firm believer that things like this should be raised in the moment as they happen and one should not presume that parental guidance will be lacking in the absence of a reminder. 

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Why do you care that I care?

18 hours ago, mamashamiller said:

I have 13 yo that enjoys meeting other kids I know Princess doesn’t have lots of families but wondering if because of holiday break there would be other children onboard?

I don't have personal experience with this but have read here on Cruise Critic of parents calling the general Princess number (probably in the days before covid when the phones were answered promptly), and asking how many children by age/age group are booked.  If you ask now, I think you can assume that the number will increase the closer you get to the cruise and you might want to inquire again right before and/or after final payment. 

Having sailed a few Caribbean Christmas cruises and one South American cruise (without our grown children or grandkids) I can say that we've never seen any disturbing behavior or had an issue with any kids.  The ships are beautifully decorated and the atmosphere is festive and everyone is there to have a good time. 

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

• When my son was 2 we sailed on the Coral Princess partial panama canal transit leaving January 8th.  There were 9 children on board.  The kids club staff helped my son do all the activities and told me they were thrilled we hadn't done the previous sailing, which had 150 kids on board because they had no time to help the  little ones individually then.  You should be absolutely fine, given the dates you are sailing.
  • Thanks 1

After final payment call and ask for a kids count.  They will give you a breakdown of how many kids by age groups.  There should be plenty of kids, and make sure to sign up for the kids club (I think he will be in the teen one- more of a meet up and hang out place than an organized activities club.  He should have a great time!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 6:35 PM, mamashamiller said:

I always like the kids' clubs.  I hope they are as good now as before the shutdown.  Remix is the club for tens.  My gkids had fun there at that age.  There was no running amok under pain of no more cruises. 🙂